Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-08-2019, 23:58   #31
Quadrivium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darc19 View Post
There are certainly jobs in the uk and both "warring posters" are correct.

Economy is doing OK, but is falling back.

However due to brexit, a lot of EU casual / seasonal workers don't bother with uk now, so plenty of farm work / low skilled building work about.

Problem is cost of living in areas with these jobs is high, tax comes in at a far lower level than here and unemployment benefits are dreadful.

If you have health issues, expect 3 weeks wait to see a doctor.

Try it for a couple of months, but I suspect it won't be the promised land you thought.
The cost of living in the UK outside London is nowhere near as bad as Ireland which economically is basically Dublin.

I had sites in Maidenhead outside London, Bricklayers making £1100 per week and rent for a 2 bed flat in town centre was only 900 per month.

Shopping, electricity and other consumables were much cheaper than in Ireland. The UK leaves Ireland in the dust when it comes to opportunities.
Advertisement
25-08-2019, 00:00   #32
mgn

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1011 View Post
I have a search engine, I don't need your desperate attempts to find job ads I'll never apply for and the OP is not qualified to do.
Just admit it you haven't a clue what's happening over there in construction.
Thanks from:
25-08-2019, 00:02   #33
Quadrivium

Quote:
I have a search engine, I don't need your desperate attempts to find job ads I'll never apply for and the OP is not qualified to do.

Unskilled Labourers in the UK are making on average £650 to £700 GBP per week (more on price work) I know that irks you for whatever reason but that's the reality.
25-08-2019, 00:05   #34
L1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrivium View Post
The cost of living in the UK outside London is nowhere near as bad as Ireland which economically is basically Dublin.

I had sites in Maidenhead outside London, Bricklayers making £1100 per week and rent for a 2 bed flat in town centre was only 900 per month.

Shopping, electricity and other consumables were much cheaper than in Ireland. The UK leaves Ireland in the dust when it comes to opportunities.
If you "had sites" why did you have to ask about doing minimum wage equivalent driving jobs?

You are making all of this up.
25-08-2019, 00:10   #35
Quadrivium

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher5112 View Post
Ok.... So UK is going to be hit with Brexit and outside the EU they're trying to stop all the outside workers and it's going to mess with jobs too.

Look at all the Brits that live away from home in say Spain..... Where are they going to return to....

People are going to have to leave the UK also.
Not really true.

The government of Ireland act will still apply to Irish people. We will still have freedom of movement as will the Brits, this legal agreement pre dates the EU.

People already living in the UK won't be removed, future immigration for the rest of the EU will be skills, points based and rightly so.
Advertisement
25-08-2019, 00:13   #36
Quadrivium

Quote:
If you "had sites" why did you have to ask about doing minimum wage equivalent driving jobs?

I.already explained. I don't have to work, I have a brand new van just sitting in my drive way and a jeep. I'm bored waiting on the Masters to start so I done self employed courier work for the craic. Don't make assumptions buddy, I also have a Business Degree from the highest ranked business school in Ireland. You're just bitter and salty because unskilled labourers in the UK are earning as much, more or close to what you earn and it's killing you.
25-08-2019, 00:13   #37
L1011

Quote:
I.already explained. I don't have to work, I have a brand new van just sitting in my drive way and a jeep. I'm bored waiting on the Masters to start so I done self employed courier work for the craic. Don't make assumptions buddy, I also have a Business Degree from the highest ranked business school in Ireland. You're just bitter and salty because unskilled labourers in the UK are earning as much, more or close to what you earn and it's killing you.
You'd do an effectively minimum wage, high stress job with all those qualifications and skills and sub-contractors?

Just give it up. You are making stuff up. Your post history is public, planning to buy a second hand 2016 van is not "have a brand new van" for starters.
25-08-2019, 00:16   #38
Quadrivium

Quote:

By the way, self employed delivery drivers are not on minimum wage. The average is €800 per week up to €1100 at busy periods. You really haven't a clue about much, have you?
25-08-2019, 00:17   #39
L1011

Quote:
By the way, self employed delivery drivers are not on minimum wage. The average is €800 per week up to €1100 at busy periods. You really haven't a clue about much, have you?
€800 a week before the costs of the van. Its an entry level, low income job. Its not something someone as apparently skilled and qualified as yourself would do.

You are delusional. Give it up.
Advertisement
25-08-2019, 00:18   #40
Quadrivium

Quote:
You'd do an effectively minimum wage, high stress job with all those qualifications and skills and sub-contractors?

Just give it up. You are making stuff up. Your post history is public, planning to buy a second hand 2016 van is not "have a brand new van" for starters.
You're so out of your depth it's actually hilarious. I was making well over 6 figures per year in the UK as a subbie with 7 sites. Self employed couriers can make up to €1000 per week. Please, stop, you're embarrassing yourself now.
25-08-2019, 00:19   #41
L1011

Quote:
You're so out of your depth it's actually hilarious. I was making well over 6 figures per year in the UK as a subbie with 7 sites. Self employed couriers can make up to €1000 per week. Please, stop, you're embarrassing yourself now.
The threads you posted in to ask about buying a second-hand van to go it (not the "having" a "brand new" van as you claim) give info on how limited the income actually is.

Why would you give up "six figure" in the UK for "up to" €52k?

If you're not delusional, you're trolling. Which is it?
25-08-2019, 00:21   #42
Quadrivium

Quote:
€800 a week before the costs of the van. Its an entry level, low income job. Its not something someone as apparently skilled and qualified as yourself would do.

😂 I've done worse jobs. I'm a self made man, financially secure with side businesses all over the place, online, offline. I do whatever I want, courier work wasn't a career change, it was a bit if craic meeting people, getting out of the house and keeping me busy until the Msc starts. I'm not going back in the trowel.
25-08-2019, 00:21   #43
L1011

Quote:
�� I've done worse jobs. I'm a self made man, financially secure with side businesses all over the place, online, offline. I do whatever I want, courier work wasn't a career change, it was a bit if craic meeting people, getting out of the house and keeping me busy until the Msc starts. I'm not going back in the trowel.
You're a delusional Walter Mitty asking basic level advice on here for a minimum wage equivalent job.
25-08-2019, 00:23   #44
Quadrivium

Quote:
The threads you posted in to ask about buying a second-hand van to go it (not the "having" a "brand new" van as you claim) give info on how limited the income actually is.

Why would you give up "six figure" in the UK for "up to" €52k?

If you're not delusional, you're trolling. Which is it?
Real question, are you slow or taking the piss? I explained 5 times already, I'm starting a Masters in September and going into a totally different career out of interest. Money isn't everything, I.want to pursue my interests and Construction isn't part of that. Point remains, I'm right, you're wrong and now I'm out. Have a super weekend ðŸ‘
25-08-2019, 00:24   #45
L1011

Quote:
Real question, are you slow or taking the piss? I explained 5 times already, I'm starting a Masters in September and going into a totally different career out of interest. Money isn't everything, I.want to pursue my interests and Construction isn't part of that. Point remains, I'm right, you're wrong and now I'm out. Have a super weekend ðŸ‘
You've blustered away 5 times, at best.

You're a complete Mitty and hopefully you give that up before it comes back to bite you.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion