Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭G1032

How do you do this? I can't find any settings option on the Firestick app that allows updating card details. Thanks

Edit - Sorry . I see now in the replies below yours. Wait for it to expire!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭6541

hi - i would also like to join a family group.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

happened to me yesterday, 3 years with no issues and account got cancelled, no prior warning, email etc.

however it was possible to renew service with new subscription. they said it is a software that monitors all accounts and unusual activity was a reason for instant account cancellation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

I was expecting to be billed by Netflix overnight, but instead found this email:

I checked my Revolut and backup payment method (which happens to be a Turkish card), and no attempt had been made to charge them.

Has anyone else had this?

I tried adding another Revolut card, but it was not accepted. My Turkish FUPS card was accepted after verifying a Turkish phone number with 5sim, so back in business for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ongarite

Yes, seems to be a new crackdown by Netflix on non Turkish residents using cheap Turkey accounts with geo blocking & card billing issues being reported. Looks like gift card top-up is being discontinued too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭furiousox

What's the best/cheapest alternative to a Turkish account?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭muloc

Mine due out 18th..stuck enough TRY in revolut to cover just in case but sounds like the end is nigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭NATLOR

My revolut payment went through ok yesterday ( Turkish sub)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ongarite

Do you have Turkish mobile number added to your account with 5sim or alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭crinkley

My payment for Turish sub went out okay last week but I can only imagine I'll get targeted soon enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

Hmmm, my payment is due on Jan 28th. Will be watching this carefully.

Cannot see a reason to pay full price for Netflix these days. Haven't watched anything new in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭NATLOR

No nothing added . I be been on the Turkish plan for 4 years was easy to sign up back then. Looking like a clampdown is happening though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Payment went through ok on the 11th for Turkish sub

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I got the same email today, account is paused, update your payment details

Revolut doesnt seem to work anymore so added my own bank card, non Turkey

I did it over chat so didnt need a phone number, working again though I would rather not use my bank card

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

3 year voucher-only payment, same paused account email today upon expiry. Last week could standard login for use but VPN-ing to apply vouchers locked out - would not accept password or allow change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭archfi

Uh-oh, I've been getting the mysterious wrong username/password BS last week or two.

Usually i apply about 4 months worth of TR gift cards but have reduced it to one at a time from this month.

The end is nigh for my TR Netflix I think.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I've been pondering what I would do if it ends. I think nothing, barely watch it as is. Sub for a month if there's a binge worthy Boxset

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I signed up for Egypt easily enough last week, used my N26 card and an Egyptian proxy, created a new account.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HairyCabbage

Anyone have any experience with signing up to Pakistan or Egypt's Netflix? It seems to be the cheapest out there at the momemnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

vouchers have me in credit until next October. Wonder will I get cancelled while in credit . Strangely I can never apply the vouchers with a vpn on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭muloc

Got an email but money came out of revolut so looks like I'm ok for now:

'Starting February 18th, 2024, the Standard plan price will change and your monthly price will be updated to TL 176.99.'

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gonzole

Selling some slots for Netflix, DM for info

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

What a first post after nearly 20 years on the site...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gonzole

You not liking it lol :-), is there something wrong with what I said...

Post edited by gonzole on

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Strange thing. I saw this thread so after reading the latest posts, I decided I needed to top up before my gift cards ran out so I don't have the bother everyone else is having.

I have never used a VPN as they never worked so I bought enough gift cards to last until next January and it happily let me add them one by one without the VPN. I got to my last two and they stopped working, getting the something went wrong message. So I turned on the VPN to Turkey, opened Netflix back up again and it let me load the last two.

It's strange how the majority I didn't need the VPN but for the last two I did. Maybe it triggered some sort of auto-system check or something.

Regardless, should be grand until next year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,250 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Dublinandy3

G2a dot com

6.80 for 200 lira. I didn't go for the cheapest but went for an account that had 30k positive feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭ooter

Our Netflix account is a lapsed Irish one that was reactivated through turkey last may and there have been no issues, money was only taken the other day for January, 149 TL, using a BOI visa debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anyone any issues? I was paying through Turkey. Payment went through less than a week ago but my account appears to have been cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Still fine here . 12 months of credit on account from vouchers

Advertisement