Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-01-2020, 14:31   #5686
CoBo55

I'm out of contract on the 20th I'm going to push hard and if it means no service in 31 days I'm going for it. It has become very expensive.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-01-2020, 13:57   #5687
who_ru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBo55 View Post
I'm out of contract on the 20th I'm going to push hard and if it means no service in 31 days I'm going for it. It has become very expensive.
i got rid of it completely last June - would never go back. currently have a netflix sub and thats it. what i have realised is how little i miss it.
Thanks from:
05-01-2020, 17:38   #5688
okidoki987

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_ru View Post
i got rid of it completely last June - would never go back. currently have a netflix sub and thats it. what i have realised is how little i miss it.
Apart from the PL football, there's not a lot going for Sky these days.
Netflix and Amazon giving them a run for their money.
Thanks from:
06-01-2020, 18:16   #5689
KinsellaJ

Could anyone help me with the following?

I cancelled sky last week went through the whole process. TV and broadband was going from €77 a month to €120 so I told them no chance. First got an offer of €103 then after constantly saying no I was given an offer of €90. Still continued to say no to this.

Got a message today to say I've been offered 35% off Sky+ TV for 12 months. Although, when I go to the link I was sent its not showing a price of what it will cost me a month. Its asking me to accept the offer of 35% but won't tell me a price.

Could anyone breakdown the cost for me if possible of what I have got already and what would be included :-

Sky Q
Sky entertainment
Ultimate on demand

Sky broadband superfast
Sky talk
Sky talk freetime

Thanks in advance!
06-01-2020, 18:33   #5690
Slippin Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinsellaJ View Post

I cancelled sky last week went through the whole process. TV and broadband was going from €77 a month to €120 so I told them no chance. First got an offer of €103 then after constantly saying no I was given an offer of €90. Still continued to say no to this.

Got a message today to say I've been offered 35% off Sky+ TV for 12 months. Although, when I go to the link I was sent its not showing a price of what it will cost me a month. Its asking me to accept the offer of 35% but won't tell me a price.

Could anyone breakdown the cost for me if possible of what I have got already and what would be included :-

Sky Q
Sky entertainment
Ultimate on demand

Sky broadband superfast
Sky talk
Sky talk freetime

Thanks in advance!
Best thing to do is call them and advise of the offer you were given. They will then apply it for you and explain the bills. You will have a 14 day cooling off period.
Advertisement
06-01-2020, 19:38   #5691
dulpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinsellaJ View Post

Sky Q
Sky entertainment
Ultimate on demand

Sky broadband superfast
Sky talk
Sky talk freetime

Thanks in advance!
From memory of when I cancelled, it'll be off the base price only, so the sky q and entertainment will be discounted, but not the rest. Definitely not the broadband and phone. As previous poster said, best thing is to ring and check.
06-01-2020, 22:18   #5692
Slippin Jimmy

Yeah it's off the TV only. So say Entertainment with Sports, you'd get 35% off that. Best thing to do if you are taking the offer is take TV only and then call back and see what broadband offers they have going.
08-01-2020, 18:15   #5693
Schummi

Does anyone know if discounts are applied to Ultimate On Demand?
15-01-2020, 15:31   #5694
Milky1

Just an FYI, I'm out of contract 4 months and have sent my box back. Best offer is to pay €149 for new box (which you don't own) and 35% off basic package. Basic package price is €40 (not €35 like I see on their own website, and €25 for new customers). Another €8 for HD, more for kids, etc. needless to say I said not a hope.
Advertisement
26-01-2020, 13:11   #5695
Stewball

Called Sky Friday evening to cancel my Sports pack and the BT/Premier pack as my €30 offer was expiring.

Didn't get any offer, no haggling nothing. The agent just went straight to the process of cancelling. I was a bit surprised.
28-01-2020, 09:32   #5696
Agent Smith
Did you enjoy the fuhrer's birthday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewball View Post
Called Sky Friday evening to cancel my Sports pack and the BT/Premier pack as my €30 offer was expiring.

Didn't get any offer, no haggling nothing. The agent just went straight to the process of cancelling. I was a bit surprised.
Sometimes you get someone who just doesnt give a ****....
Thanks from:
28-01-2020, 20:55   #5697
Stewball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
Sometimes you get someone who just doesnt give a ****....
It was around 7.50pm on a Friday evening and I think they knock off at 8, so that probably explains it
06-02-2020, 19:15   #5698
kenn0

Cancelled a week or so ago. Got a mail today

Keep the Variety Bundle for €27.30 a month for a whole year

Not bag an offer

Anybody get any better?
06-02-2020, 19:27   #5699
SCOOP 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenn0 View Post
Cancelled a week or so ago. Got a mail today

Keep the Variety Bundle for €27.30 a month for a whole year

Not bag an offer

Anybody get any better?
Cancelled in November, got a phone call today, offered €20 a month for 12 months and new box, Dont miss it so said no.
06-02-2020, 19:34   #5700
kenn0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOOP 64 View Post
Cancelled in November, got a phone call today, offered €20 a month for 12 months and new box, Dont miss it so said no.
Was that for variety pack ?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion