Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

17-02-2010, 22:15   #16
colferma

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdunny View Post
Mad_Mike its not just the MSI laptop for €50. Its a €250 voucher to spend on pretty much anything in the carphone warehouse.
Saw this on a website:

2. To be eligible for this Voucher Offer you must subscribe to one of the following Chorus ntl bundle services in a D.I.D Electrical or Carphone Warehouse Store:
a. A new Chorus ntl customer purchasing the following Chorus ntl TV, Broadband and Phone bundles: Fibre Web, Fibre Sports or Fibre Ultimate packs.

Fibre Web, the cheapest, is 70e a month.
Advertisement
18-02-2010, 09:56   #17
parsi
Banned

Send a message via MSN to parsi
How about Chorus NTL offering Boardsies the opportunity to be finally taken off their mailing lists ?

That would be a great offer with massive uptake.
(4) thanks from:
18-02-2010, 10:05   #18
billbond4

You should save that 50€ voucher when Chorus/UPC decide to hike up their charges again.
Thanks from:
18-02-2010, 13:45   #19
bcirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsi View Post
How about Chorus NTL offering Boardsies the opportunity to be finally taken off their mailing lists ?

That would be a great offer with massive uptake.
+1 on that proposal......chances of it ever happening ZILCH
18-02-2010, 16:57   #20
breeno

I registered my interest in this offer this morning and just got an email back from them.
Maybe I'm being pedantic but the wording and spelling is so unprofessional it's put me off a bit!

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in UPC products.
If you can advised me on which products you require, we will porcess your order asap.

Please be advised appointments are both morning & afternoon, if you could inform me on your preference.

your refernce ticket no- XXX-XXXXX

Should you have any queries or questions please call 051-595143

Regards,
Lisa

For any Retail Sales or Housemoves Support, please call 051595143 and please quote your ticket above or account number for immediate assistance
Advertisement
18-02-2010, 17:03   #21
colferma

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeno View Post
I registered my interest in this offer this morning and just got an email back from them.
Maybe I'm being pedantic but the wording and spelling is so unprofessional it's put me off a bit!
I got the same email -- "If you can advised me on", "inform me on your preference", "refernce ticket", fullstops missing -- it's all very unseemly.
18-02-2010, 19:52   #22
Davy
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaServer View Post
Great Bargain. I wonder do you lose out on the online sign-up saving of €20 when they call you back to arrange the services?

Still it's €30 better off than I would otherwise be!

/T
You still get the online sign-up saving
18-02-2010, 23:29   #23
peckerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by colferma View Post
I got the same email -- "If you can advised me on", "inform me on your preference", "refernce ticket", fullstops missing -- it's all very unseemly.
dey is UPC lol katz emailz, k? k bai thx

Last edited by peckerhead; 18-02-2010 at 23:31.
Thanks from:
18-02-2010, 23:39   #24
gleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by colferma View Post
Really? Since when was "--" considered to be punctuation then
Damn grammar Nazis! Swine!
Advertisement
18-02-2010, 23:44   #25
muffler

I wonder how I can send them a map to show them where Donegal is?
19-02-2010, 09:14   #26
davenewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleep View Post
Really? Since when was "--" considered to be punctuation then
Yeah, well spotted! What a doofus.* He clearly should've used "---" instead of "--" because he was using plain text to represent an em dash and demarcate, as Wikipedia puts it, "a parenthetical thought or some similar interpolation".

But he got it wrong (unbeliveable I know!) and typed only TWO dashes which is an en dash. What a goof. Give that "grammar nazi" three dozen lashes, and force him to come back and correct his post to include "---" instead of "--", lest he be banned from the site!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dash

Apologies for the interruption, we now return you to your regular programming.

*Sarcasm may be present. Proceed with caution.
Thanks from:
19-02-2010, 09:25   #27
gleep

Boards school is fun!
Thanks from:
19-02-2010, 11:16   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaServer View Post
Great Bargain. I wonder do you lose out on the online sign-up saving of €20 when they call you back to arrange the services?

Still it's €30 better off than I would otherwise be!

/T
Hey there

Chorus/ntl were in touch and wanted to assure us that

Quote:
The good news is that as this is an online offer, we will match the activation rules that apply on www.upc.ie so boards.ie members who order through this offer are not disadvantaged in any way.
I've updated the original post to reflect this
19-02-2010, 12:39   #29
colferma

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenewt View Post
He clearly should've used "---" instead of "--" because he was using plain text to represent an em dash and demarcate, as Wikipedia puts it, "a parenthetical thought or some similar interpolation".

But he got it wrong (unbeliveable I know!) and typed only TWO dashes which is an en dash.
I take issue with the three strokes; they seem bigger than the actual letter 'M', the size towards which we all strive with our em dashes.

Also, I got another email from UPC today which was vastly improved :
Thank you for your interest in UPC products. Your reference ticket no is - XXX, Please quote this to us when contacting us.

If you can please advise us which products you are interested in, we can ensure your property can receive service and then process your order asap.

Installations can take place both morning & afternoon, if you could inform us of your preference that would be fantastic.

Your reference ticket no XXX

Should you have any queries or questions please call us on 051-595143

We cannot process the order until service availability, and your exact product choice has been confirmed, so if you could call us directly on 051-595143 between the hours of 10am to 6pm Monday to Sunday, we can proceed.

Upon successful installation of your ordered products, your voucher will be posted to you by your chosen retailer.

Thanks and we look forward to talking with you soon.

Regards

Chorus ntl Retail Support
----------

Despite the comma taking the place of a semi-colon, an odd capital letter in the middle of a sentence and a few other AWOL punctuation marks it was almost perfect .
20-02-2010, 11:22   #30
Slunk

Hi, Im thinking of getting the Fibre Sports package with Upgrade to Digital+ HD, Multi Room Viewing & Fibre Power Broadband 15Mb.

Is there a limit to the amount of points on the multi room viewing. I would like it in two extra rooms. Do you pay per room? Is this possible?

Also, since im upgrading to 15MB I shouldnt have to pay for the wireless modem as mentioned in the fibre sports deal. Correct?

Should I have any installation fees if ordering the above? Just want to be clear before I go ahead with it.
Thread Closed