Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play Triax TSV files?

• 28-06-2012 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Has anybody managed to play TSV files from Triax,Xoro or Tower Saorview compatible boxes?I,ve tried Handbrake and many other programs without success.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

gally wrote: »
    Has anybody managed to play TSV files from Triax,Xoro or Tower Saorview compatible boxes?I,ve tried Handbrake and many other programs without success.

Surely they are TS files as in the raw Transport Stream. VLC plays these no problem. Sometime you may need to clean up the recording with a Tool like TSdoctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Try Gomplayer.
    I find it more reliable than VLC for TS files, even with TS doctoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gally

VLC wo,nt play them .Renamed them TS etc.I,ve uploaded a file here:http://www.mediafire.com/?m3zibs70wi7ogtr
    Maybe someone would have a look at it please?I believe an earlier version of the software in the box allowed these files to be seen on a pc.The TRIAX,XORO and Tower use the same software I,m led to believe.My box which works very well apart from the above problem is a Tower TR HD1700.It would be nice to be able to burn the odd programme to DVD.
    Heres hoping some computer whiz can help out.
    Thanks.

Gomplayer wo,nt work either.I wonder if those for whom VLC worked had the earlier software version on their boxes?

That file is an MPEG-TS file (see the attached file for its audio/video details)

I did a file check of that with TS Doctor. The PCR PID is missing because your receiver has filtered out the PCR. Whats a PCR ?

PCR: Program Clock Reference Packet Identifier. The PCR contains important time data. Mostly it is included in the video or audio stream, so that the PCR PID and the Video or Audio PID are identical. Some providers prefer to broadcast a separate PCR stream, however. In this case a missing or wrong PCR PID disables MPG recording playback.

Go back and tell the manuafcturer to write their firmware correctly, ie read the PMT and capture the PCR value.

• Advertisement

After writing my last post I had downloaded TS Doctor and found as you had, but hoped there was some means of reinserting or reconstituting the PCR PID.
    However probably not?Thanks STB for your help.
    P.S. I is this "glitch" being used as a form of copy protection?

gally wrote: »
    After writing my last post I had downloaded TS Doctor and found as you had, but hoped there was some means of reinserting or reconstituting the PCR PID.
    However probably not?Thanks STB for your help.
    P.S. I is this "glitch" being used as a form of copy protection?

There is no copy protection in Saorview spec.

No, its probably just lazy firmware compiling. I see you mention that the files worked in an earlier firmware version. If that is the case, then when the manufacturer rolled out the firmware fixes they inadvertently or deliberately caused this issue to arise when recompiling the firmware.

Either way there is no reason for its implementation. It means that use of recordings outside playback on the box is made redundant so in effect it has the same effect as HDCP.

What box model is this recorded on.

It was recorded on a Tower TR HD1700

Well you will need to get onto ATC/TVAStore or whoever is the source of these things and get them to get onto the OEM for a fix. Best of luck with that!

Or roll back to an earlier firmware (hoping that the previous firmware fix isnt important like solving audio/video sync issues).

I,d say the chances of a firmware update from Tower are slim as the manual, which is hopeless, gives instructions for firmware update but does not give any link to a website.I wonder if the Triax or Xoro people have the required fix?I also read somewhere that you ca,nt roll back the firmware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭eirman

The following badly titled thread should be merged into this one ...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056399962

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Digital Satellite TV

eirman wrote: »
    The following badly titled thread should be merged into this one ...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056399962

+1 Mods...

Also please see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80619521&postcount=32 for an uopdate regarding the Xoro DTV-M5 regarding this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 coolcreen

This is an old thread but I'll give you my findings anyway. I have a Triax saorview box and encountered all of the problems cited above.
    I succeeded in getting the TSV files to play in the following way.

Purchased a program called "ConvertXtoDVD" and installed it.

(1)Changed the extension on the file name from TSV to TS by deleting the V. You will get a warning the the file may be unplayable if you proceed. Ignore it because you can change it back anyway.

(2) Launched ConvertXtoDVD, click on Add, select the TS file and click convert. They will now be converted to VOB files (DVD-type file) and you can burn them to DVD if you wish or play them using a variety of players. Quality of picture and sound is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

the "quickstream fix" option on the VideoReDo software will sort this out .

you can also edit your files with VideoReDo

its not free though ;);)

Advertisement