Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-03-2020, 17:58   #5716
martyos121

They did cancel my sports package with immediate effect last week in fairness to them, in contract too but they’ve already applied credit to the account for the lost days. It’s absolutely worth doing so and make sure to tell them to cancel with immediate effect, if they can do it for me they should be able to do it for anyone. The notice period wasn’t even mentioned.
Advertisement
17-03-2020, 18:06   #5717
muffler

Some good news here - sports subscriptions can be paused.
02-04-2020, 11:09   #5718
kilburn

Just wanted to share my experience with Sky this morning, cancelled one month ago, rang to discuss sending the equipment back.

Corona virus or not sky expect you to break the curfew, put your health at risk and post their equipment back, if they don't receive the equipment within 60 days they will still fine you up to 300 quid for the Q box, mini box and router.

But hey we will give it back to you when we get the stuff back, they refused all other suggestions of getting the stuff collected by courier or getting their installers to collect.
02-04-2020, 15:46   #5719
Mr Velo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilburn View Post
Just wanted to share my experience with Sky this morning, cancelled one month ago, rang to discuss sending the equipment back.

Corona virus or not sky expect you to break the curfew, put your health at risk and post their equipment back, if they don't receive the equipment within 60 days they will still fine you up to 300 quid for the Q box, mini box and router.

But hey we will give it back to you when we get the stuff back, they refused all other suggestions of getting the stuff collected by courier or getting their installers to collect.
Did they send out the box to you to send the stuff back?
Tomorrow is D-Day for us, our service finishing as we called on March 2nd to cancel. Haven't received anything from them yet though - even though i think they had said we would be receiving packaging to send it back.
02-04-2020, 15:48   #5720
kilburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Velo
Did they send out the box to you to send the stuff back? Tomorrow is D-Day for us, our service finishing as we called on March 2nd to cancel. Haven't received anything from them yet though - even though i think they had said we would be receiving packaging to send it back.

I received the box for the router still waiting for box for q box
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-04-2020, 15:49   #5721
Mr Velo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilburn View Post
I received the box for the router still waiting for box for q box
Just the Q box to go back from here.
18-04-2020, 14:06   #5722
AussieJim

Has anyone tried to get an extension on Now TV Sky Sports deals? I got a 6 months offer via pigsback.com for Sky Sports and activated it 2 weeks BC (before Corona)
22-04-2020, 09:42   #5723
ballybro

Am on the variety package thats due to go back up to €42 a month after a discounted 12 months .Signed up last year when it was €39 and got discounted price of €31.I called them last week about a new offer or discount fir another 12 months and told best price was €38 but i rang today and cancelled affective 23 rd May .Should i let if cancell for definate before trying to rejoin .Have others got good offers lately after letting it cancel .
22-04-2020, 11:30   #5724
greendom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballybro View Post
Am on the variety package thats due to go back up to €42 a month after a discounted 12 months .Signed up last year when it was €39 and got discounted price of €31.I called them last week about a new offer or discount fir another 12 months and told best price was €38 but i rang today and cancelled affective 23 rd May .Should i let if cancell for definate before trying to rejoin .Have others got good offers lately after letting it cancel .
I did get Variety down to 19e - that did mean losing HD though. Having said that RTE and BBC are still in HD
Advertisement
22-04-2020, 12:36   #5725
Akula

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieJim View Post
Has anyone tried to get an extension on Now TV Sky Sports deals? I got a 6 months offer via pigsback.com for Sky Sports and activated it 2 weeks BC (before Corona)
The most they would give me is a one month voucher....
22-04-2020, 15:25   #5726
Slippin Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballybro View Post
Let it cancel down. Then check your online Sky account an there should be an offer for at least 35% off.
22-04-2020, 15:37   #5727
dulpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippin Jimmy View Post
Let it cancel down. Then check your online Sky account an there should be an offer for at least 35% off.
My reading of last comment was that they asked for cancellation and it'll process in a month from now. If that's the case, then check your account - there'll be a 35% offer there already (or should be, if past behaviour is anything to go by)
24-04-2020, 01:27   #5728
Muahahaha

Out of contract and currently on the basic tv package, paying 32 a month. Had been thinking of going Freesat/Saorview but would leave it one more year with Sky if they would give me a discount. Are they known to do that just for the basic package and what might I get? And do you have to go and cancel and wait the 31 days before any offers come along?
24-04-2020, 07:58   #5729
Mountjoy Mugger

I had the plug pulled yesterday. No comeback offers by phone or in my account. I had Sky Sports and HD on top of variety.
24-04-2020, 09:57   #5730
kilburn

Same I am now sky free for a month don't miss it one bit, bought a fire stick and Chromecast

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion