Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Cattle were my best friends growing up differing personalities and likes/dislikes etc. Great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

0lddog wrote: »
    It might help if I put the glasses on :(

Defo a good start buddy!! 😁

Couchside watching Modern Family. AGAIN! Too lazy to start something new.

Oh nice cow pics shoes!
    I know its ridiculous, but I lived in flats in the city centre of an English city until I was 11
    Cows were so big & scary to me!
    But I grew to love them, lovely creatures :)

Had a lovely dinner & too much wine, bed soon I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Got a proper chuckle out of being afraid of cows. Aww. They’re basically huge dogs..

They really are! And calves - I love calves. They’re like giant puppies - they just want to play with you.

I’m watching the extended edition of the Fellowship of the Rings. Just taking a break now between dvd 1 and dvd 2 and waiting for the kettle to boil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Cattle were my best friends growing up differing personalities and likes/dislikes etc. Great craic.

That black cow was the mama cow of the farm. God I loved her to bits. Had her from about 3 weeks old up until she was about 15. She preferred people to other cows and spent a summer breaking out of her field to run up along the field next to the farm yard and stand staring into the farm at my dad :D she would moo at me in a really low tone, mimicking how she would moo at a newborn calf, so I am pretty sure she thought I was a little cow :D so obviously quite intelligent ha ha ha. She would get very jealous of other cows coming over to me in the field and would shoo them away from me with her lovely head. I adored her. The summer before my dad passed away I was outside helping him but very sick and was sitting in the cows manger with my head against the wall. She crossed the shed, stood in nearly on top of me and rested her head on top of mine. She knew I wasn’t well. Sometimes she would get in a bad mood with my dad and fück off up the farm yard instead of going into the shed. At the start we would follow her to bring her back but she’d keep running away. Then we stopped and let her off, and she’d be fuming nobody was coming after her she’d stand at the road mooing in to let us know she was out there :D if you just ignored her she came back in by herself. I was soooo lucky growing up with her. And all the cows. Love animals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ah stop, the stories i could tell about them all, we probably had on average 140 cattle a year and had a few matriarchs as you describe, plenty of clowns and rascals too. And a name for each one of them!.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Couchside watching the Suite Life of Zack and Cody on Disney+

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Good to see you Kitty :)

Couchside watching the Kardashians :)

I may have voted in the purge thread for someone who frequents this thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote:
    I may have voted in the purge thread for someone who frequents this thread

You voted for Seph too?

:D

Autosport wrote: »
    Good to see you Kitty :)

Couchside watching the Kardashians :)

I may have voted in the purge thread for someone who frequents this thread :D

I haven't laughed so much in ages,mam and leggy played a blinder,funniest thread ever.

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    You voted for Seph too?

:D

Ssshhh it can be our little secret :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ssshhh it can be our little secret :D

1580caabcd4439c81a9409d4008b19f1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Still at home without himself.
    No explanation for the strong feeling something good is on today.
    Going to.sleep, a big day tomorrow (spending time with other adults! Not for social reasons, for authorised reasons but we get on really well). AND I'm going food shopping! All that in one day :O

Awwww Sephy did you not have fun with Duvet today ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Deskside...with the second glas of the local white wine. Bottle behind me in reach.😋

Had been on the porch cracking hazelnuts. Nothing like a flat brick in your lap and a hammer. Lots better than these lousy normal crackers, ha! After that a bit of grinding in the mixer, the flour into the bread maker et voila...a lightly brown hazelnut bread. Perfect with strawberry jam or Nutella. 😂

Plan for tomorrow is going uphill into the vineyards as there will be no one around. With my DSLR camera i hope to get a few interesting shots. Need a bit of distance to the internet. 😉😁

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just watching who wants to be a millionaire and the question which animal has a drey and she asked the audience and then ask Jeremy as and he practically gave her the decking answer 😮

Awwww Sephy did you not have fun with Duvet today ;)

Hmmm can't stay mad at you for long 😃

I did although she was hogging the duvet 😜

Hmmm can't stay mad at you for long ðŸ˜႒

I did although she was hogging the duvet 😜

I was up and down all day

making coffee for you. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Thank feck for Disney +. Keeps you sane in a Disney way.:D I'm going all retro on the so called live action movies from my direct childhood. The Black Hole last night (underrated) and tonight it's Tron. Oh to be trapped in a video game right now.:D Last beer and in absolute childhood heaven.:D

All i wanted then was the bike from Tron, jaysis, then i wanted KITT, not forgetting the Fall Guy's rig. *nostalgic sigh*

• Advertisement

All i wanted then was the bike from Tron, jaysis, then i wanted KITT, not forgetting the Fall Guy's rig. *nostalgic sigh*

FFS Grem! Don't start me off on a way out retro trip!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    FFS Grem! Don't start me off on a way out retro trip!

Exsqeez me?!?! You started it bucko!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Writing out my list of jobs to do for the week around the house and garden, and hoping with every sentence I write that this dreaded virus will stay outside our door, have cut down the shopping to once a week and no immediate neighbours around us.

Exsqeez me?!?! You started it bucko!

I'm no bucko.............anymore! But I'm watching Tron and you mention The Fall Guy and Lee's Rig. C'mon, play fair.:D I'm trying to focus. Was gonna do Herbie movies tomorrow.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ooh, new thread. :D

Currently bed side listening to a podcast. Day 1 of my three weeks out of work tomorrow.

Aww yeeeeeeaaaaaaaah Herbie Haha the car that came first AND second :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,818 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I'm no bucko.............anymore! But I'm watching Tron and you mention The Fall Guy and Lee's Rig. C'mon, play fair.:D I'm trying to focus. Was gonna do Herbie movies tomorrow.:eek:

Herbie , do it G , absolutely brilliant :D

Ooh, new thread. :D

Currently bed side listening to a podcast. Day 1 of my three weeks out of work tomorrow.

Heyo Paws, sure there's 9000+ posts to go on this thread alone, get tapping :D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Herbie , do it G , absolutely brilliant :D

Tron first. Herbie movies tomorrow and then Tron Legacy! Woo Hoo!:D

• Advertisement

Sounds like a savage line up, then start on that era of tv, mcgyver, a-team, bionic woman ah stop

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement