Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th the other day lucky the tabby cat saw me walking and ran over to me straight away and gave three "Mrrrp" and was head butting my hand 😸😺

• Friday you sexy beast. And an extra long weekend too. Huzzah! 🙌

• Registered Users Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Free wheeling downhill on a bicycle on an empty road with no one around.

(edit)

Peace and quiet

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Saw a swallow last evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,694 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Tired as fûck hitting the sack last night, but woke up this morning feeling reasonably refreshed..

I’ve literally zero to do this weekend.

loads of good sport on tv.

finishing the redesign of my bedroom which is going splendidly.

will put my feet up with a takeaway later and wallow in relaxation for the rest of the weekend.

A long walk in nature in mid April. It's cold and sunny. Perfect. Everything is so alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I've an old stone built outhouse. It is now home to three nests, sparrows, starlings and swallows.

There won't be an insect left in the garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

And hours of free entertainment when the fledging leave the nest.

Starlings are fascinating as they are less timid.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Xidu

After a long day work, home and cleaned whatever mess in house, b4 go to bed I have 1 hr sit on sofa w a cup n watch some stupid videos on my phone while my dogs sit next to me. Play w dogs a bit. Peace n quite. No need to think about work or other sh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

This is really trivial but here goes..

I just came back from a lovely walk down a country road. The amount of different birds singing all different birdsong and the sound of the little stream babbling along the stones was just 🧘‍♀️

Post edited by Purple Mountain on

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭sporina

don't underestimate the beauty of birdsong and flowing water... not trivial at all - great that you appreciate stuff like that..

I didn't want to sound all evangelical 😆 but there was something lovely in the air this evening. Think it was the rain clearing the air and the half rainbow. Everything just seemed really pure and refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Booked my flights to Leicester for the Heineken Cup quarter final 😃

this is the best threads on Boards

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Letter arrived excusing me from jury duty…. Wooo hooo…

why are people not up for Jury Duty? I'd love to do it if it was an interesting case..

I was called once but had to be excused as I had a trip booked

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

^ This guy, came into my life just over a year ago recently celebrated his 12th birthday and I would be lost without him, I have always loved our dogs and after our last dog passed away I said never again but then 3 years later and this doggy’s photo on the Pounds Facebook page and I went to visit him and I was hooked, he brings me so much joy and happiness ❤️❤️

myself, health related. GP was happy to sign me off.

but if it came around next year or much later in this then I’d be happy to do it…

I was selected about 6 years ago but I had a work trip too…. Timing !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,146 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I turned up but the accused pleaded guilty which meant no trial. I was disappointed

oh ok hope you feel better soon..

seems a lot of people hate being called for Jury Duty though.. i'd love it..

watched so many crime dramas during lockdown

I got a phone call to say I've won a prize in a competition I entered . A Dvd of The latest Matrix . TA is I don't have a dvd player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,662 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Ordered something from Ebay USA and it made it through customs and was delivered to me.

The trick is to ensure that the seller ships using Ebay's Global Shipping Programme. You have to pay the VAT upfront and the postage charge is excessive BUT YOU GET THE ITEM DELIVERED TO YOU without An Post returning it to the seller for spurious reasons.

Ultimate Hell Week returns tonight....yay...

This again…

except the bedroom redesign is finished…

new lights, shelving, guitar rack, bedside locker, looks good if I do say so myself.

3 days of lazy and enjoying life, tranquility, pleasure and planning

• Looking at the stars and listening to the sound of the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Dog looked very sick earlier on in the week, a trying trip to the vet and a few days of wrangling antibiots into chicken pieces and now he is bothering me for treats and chasing cats in the garden again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I had a meeting yesterday morning that I had been dreading all week. So much so it was making me ill and I came close to calling in sick. It went really well and the relief after was immense

• Advertisement

I cleared a few things out of the fridge and found a tube of after eights.

Advertisement