Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remember early 2000s slogan socks?

• 08-06-2019 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So I was shopping in New Look the other day when I saw loads of cool slogan socks, y'know the colorful ones with the pictures and slogans on them (only new to this so it won't let me share URLs but there's a load of em on the New Look website)

Anyways I bought a load of them and it took me back to when I was growing up in the early 2000s when every girl seemed to have those kinda socks with phrases like groovy chick and drama queen on them. And it made me realise...I MISS THOSE! :) don't get the modern obsession for ankle socks, they're just so plain and bland

Anyone else here used to have slogan/picture socks like those a few years ago? Bonus points if you still have photos as all mine are gone now :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I used to get them in Penneys. I remember having a pair with "mobile addict" on, around the time I got my first mobile phone.
    Tesco always have them - more puns than slogans, usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AlkasElsa

dee_mc wrote: »
    I used to get them in Penneys. I remember having a pair with "mobile addict" on, around the time I got my first mobile phone.
    Tesco always have them - more puns than slogans, usually.

I had the mobile addict ones too!

hadn't actually seen those kinda ones in tesco, must try for them, thanks!

Advertisement