Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

From the year 2030 AMA

Options
2»

Comments

You're a time traveller?
    Capable of travelling to any time in all of time?

Why did you just travel ten years into the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Buck_rodgers

bubblypop wrote: »
    You're a time traveller?
    Capable of travelling to any time in all of time?

Why did you just travel ten years into the past?
    See OP
    Time chain needed a clean before the last jump, i was putting it off until Monday and it acted up during the last jump and ended up stuck here, have given it a good scrub and am waiting for it to dry out before i remount it and leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Well obviously that 2029 asteroid encounter is no big deal then.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Buck_rodgers

Well obviously that 2029 asteroid encounter is no big deal then.

All is good in the future, have no fear
    win money
    Liverpool win premier league 20-21
    Trump wins election & popular vote
    Fassbender is next Bond
    Mike Tyson beats Joshua
    McGregor wins 155 and 170 title
    Aliens, Trump/Putin joint press conference, we don't know what the sighting are.
    Relax its all beyond your control, sit back and enjoy the ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

No, the usual cold weather with the treat of rain

See if I was time travelling from 2020 back to 2010 and someone asked me if it would snow on a Christmas ten years ago I wouldn't remember.

Other thing I've seen time travellers fall apart on is when asked about videogames. It's always a predictable extrapolation which is the opposite of the industry. They say crap like, higher resolution, faster graphics, playstation 6 has a screen on the joypad, sonic 7.

If it was a real time traveller they'd only remember the unusual stand out features - like there was a ps4 pro before ps5. Or the new nintendo is a handheld where the controls pop off the side. That's more unexpected and fun!

For lotto numbers you could say something like the variance sensitivity is too high - meaning, each time you travel some minor details fluctuate a bit and no one knows why but its rarely anything life changing for most people. Stuff like playlist sequences or desktop backgrounds.

Look up John Titor. What was smart about his setup was how he allowed people to talk with him about his actual time machine. Almost plausible.

You could say that you missed boards or warn people that being a Twitter user after 2024 was grounds for arrest. Or really be innovative and let them know about McDonalds 2.

I agree with you on covid though :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement