Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

circlek wrote: »
    Hi Big Mickey,

I'm looking to price the following to furnish an apartment:

1. - 1 Single Mattress 78" x 42"
    2. - 1 King Mattress 78" x 72"
    No preference for memory or spring/coil or vaccum packed or not, etc.
    Just need a well priced, lasting, medium feel.

Could you also provide prices for the whole set, headboard etc. Just in case I decide to go for a whole set instead of using the current beds.

3. - Corner Sofa/3 Seater Sofa
    Looking for rustic colours - black, brown, maroon, etc, as the apartment has glossy dark brown floors and glossy black wardrobes, etc.

4. - 6 Seater Dining Set
    Similar to above coloring scheme or glass/frosted or marble/granite look top?

Costs play a big role but also looking for lasting quality. Not uncomfortable, 1 year use stuff.

Could have called you but I have no idea what's available and would prefer getting some links to the products.

Thanks.

Hi circlek,

Thank you for messaging us. Regarding the bed sizes, the first size seems to be a large single but not quite a small double either, we can get this size made for you but just highlighting this with you that it is an odd size.

The king mattress you relate to is actually super king dimensions. Is this the size that you are looking for? King would be 60" X 78".

Our biggest selling quality value for money bed is our Vogue bed; https://bigmickey.ie/product/irish-beds-vogue-bed-set/
    You can add headboard in smaller sizes for €50 or super king size from €80.

We have quality brown leather 3 seater sofas from €499. Something like this but just the sofa on its own; https://bigmickey.ie/product/naples-3s-1r-1r-sofa-set/

We will also have quality dining sets starting from €499.

If you want more detailed images you can email us info@bigmickey.ie and we can send you images of items we have offers on.

BigMickey

• Registered Users Posts: 40 circlek

Hi circlek,

Thank you for messaging us. Regarding the bed sizes, the first size seems to be a large single but not quite a small double either, we can get this size made for you but just highlighting this with you that it is an odd size.

The king mattress you relate to is actually super king dimensions. Is this the size that you are looking for? King would be 60" X 78".

Our biggest selling quality value for money bed is our Vogue bed; https://bigmickey.ie/product/irish-beds-vogue-bed-set/
    You can add headboard in smaller sizes for €50 or super king size from €80.

We have quality brown leather 3 seater sofas from €499. Something like this but just the sofa on its own; https://bigmickey.ie/product/naples-3s-1r-1r-sofa-set/

We will also have quality dining sets starting from €499.

If you want more detailed images you can email us info@bigmickey.ie and we can send you images of items we have offers on.

BigMickey

I'm aware that the sizes are odd. We imported the hardwood furniture a few years ago.

I think the smaller one was called a queen size bed and the larger a king (super kind here).

What options will you have for the queen(?) size? and how much will it cost?

The superking mattresses seem on the expensive side. Do you have anything cheaper? If you can give me options such as cheapest, average, best value. I'd like to see the difference.

Any fabric corner sofas? Not a fan of leather. Is that what most people would go for? I find fabric a lot more comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I just wanted to say we got our new bed delivered on saturday. Driver was courteous, called in advance, and was helpful.
    The bed is great, feels very solid - have had a couple of nights sleep on it now and i'm very happy with my purchase. I highly recommend bigmickey.ie - good quality beds, good prices and great people.

I'm aware that the sizes are odd. We imported the hardwood furniture a few years ago.

I think the smaller one was called a queen size bed and the larger a king (super kind here).

What options will you have for the queen(?) size? and how much will it cost?

The superking mattresses seem on the expensive side. Do you have anything cheaper? If you can give me options such as cheapest, average, best value. I'd like to see the difference.

Any fabric corner sofas? Not a fan of leather. Is that what most people would go for? I find fabric a lot more comfortable.

Hi circlek,

That's no problem at all. We can get a range of mattresses made in the special single size from €99. Something that would be like super budget quality would cost you €199 or mid quality would be around €299.

Regarding the super king mattress, we have 100's of mattresses in stock and budget super kings start from €199. We get random stock from time to time which would be Silent Night, Rest assured etc that we can do really good deals on. Mid quality ones in that range would be €399 and then higher quality ones from €499 upwards and we have all in between.

Yes we have fabric corner sofas from €599.

If you have a budget per item, we should have something to suit it.

BigMickey

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭duefrine

@duefrine and @rekalmos

We got a load of Dormeo in yesterday morning but it has not been unloaded yet as the truck got damaged on the ferry coming from UK. We should have it all sorted by Tuesday if you want to stay in touch.

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

Any update

Regards

• Advertisement

duefrine wrote: »
    Any update

Regards

Hi Duefrine,

We only got small double and double dormeo mattresses on the last load. We have the Avanti Fusions available in king size but that is all that's available at the minute.

I will post here if we receive any new stock in king size.

BigMickey

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭copper04

Do you have anything in a really good small double Mattress or bed & mattress.
    Only interested in good quality mattress medium to firm.
    Thank you for taking the time to reply

copper04 wrote: »
    Do you have anything in a really good small double Mattress or bed & mattress.
    Only interested in good quality mattress medium to firm.
    Thank you for taking the time to reply

Hi copper04

We have several hundred small double mattresses in stock. Prices start from 99 euro upwards. Have you a budget in mind ? Our biggest seller in the upper range is still the Diamond 2000. We do a combo deal on this with a high quality divan base for 699 euro. We have so many other also already in stock.

We have closed our showroom due to Covid-19 but are available by phone , e mail and our website, www.bigmickey.ie.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 40 circlek

Hi BigMickey,
    A few delays in my plans as the apartment purchase might not proceed. Thanks for the responses. I'll be back in a few weeks/months when the situation settles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

Hi Bigmickey
    we have moved my little girl from her cotbed and into her big girl bed and she is loving her new mattress! Thanks again for all the help

• Advertisement

bungaro79 wrote: »
    Hi Bigmickey
    we have moved my little girl from her cotbed and into her big girl bed and she is loving her new mattress! Thanks again for all the help

Hi bungaro79

That's great to hear. Thanks for the business.

Bigmickey.ie Team

Hi BigMickey,
    A few delays in my plans as the apartment purchase might not proceed. Thanks for the responses. I'll be back in a few weeks/months when the situation settles.

Hi circlek

Take your time . No rush. Hope it all works out for you.

Regards

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Big Mickey what's this one like? Would it firm enough or soft I know it says Medium

https://bigmickey.ie/product/john-lewis-5000-pocket-mattress-2/

Big Mickey what's this one like? Would it firm enough or soft I know it says Medium

https://bigmickey.ie/product/john-lewis-5000-pocket-mattress-2/

Hi,

It says medium but it is firmish. Where are you based ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hi,

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

It's definitely on the firm side but I love mine. I tried it out at a show in the RDS first but it was a great purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Hi,

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

In Dublin probably looking at 2 of these, are you still delivering?

In Dublin probably looking at 2 of these, are you still delivering?

Hi Kenny Powers,

PM us your details and we will sort this out for you.

BigMickey

• Registered Users Posts: 8 deetravels

Hi BigMickey,

I'm looking for a bed and mattress set (divan base with storage preferably) in a King size. Something medium-firm, memory foam and pocket sprung hybrid ideally. Anything like this in stock for delivery in Dublin city?

[HTML][/HTML]
    deetravels wrote: »
    Hi BigMickey,

I'm looking for a bed and mattress set (divan base with storage preferably) in a King size. Something medium-firm, memory foam and pocket sprung hybrid ideally. Anything like this in stock for delivery in Dublin city?

PM sent.

Hi ash 2020

We have a massive selection of Superking. Just got a job lot of Silentnight 1200,1400 2000 pocket mattresses and some 2800 pocket sprung bed company (Rest Assured) Models. Prices on the job lot ones from 499 euro. Then we have all our regular stock which are about 40 different model and most are on display in our showroom.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Got more of these Superking Beds in if anyone interested that missed the last ones. Let us know.

Bigmickey.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Hi there do you have any metal king size beds ?

Ones with a double support eg leg in the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

You're very brave. The squeaking out of them :D

Caranica wrote: »
    You're very brave. The squeaking out of them :D

Any divan bed I have ever had I have broken and the same for wooden on less big Mickey has a king size with a dubble support in the middle for a king size

Hi there

We can go a step better. We have a kingsize Laura Ashley metal frame of very high quallity with a triple leg in the middle. It's very good quality. Here is the link :

https://bigmickey.ie/product/laura-ashley-lymington-bed-frame/

We also have a very high quality divan base (You won't break this one ) for 299 euro normally around 600 euro

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

Looking for mahogany sleigh king size ?? And marching bedside lockers ???

Hi there

We can go a step better. We have a kingsize Laura Ashley metal frame of very high quallity with a triple leg in the middle. It's very good quality. Here is the link :

https://bigmickey.ie/product/laura-ashley-lymington-bed-frame/

We also have a very high quality divan base (You won't break this one ) for 299 euro normally around 600 euro

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Do you have a link to the divan ? And when will you be in cork next ?

Are they wooden support on the Laura Ashley bed ?

SheroP wrote: »
    Looking for mahogany sleigh king size ?? And marching bedside lockers ???

Hi

We don't have in stock today but we have access to them. PM me an e mail address and I will send some images.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Do you have a link to the divan ? And when will you be in cork next ?

Are they wooden support on the Laura Ashley bed ?

Hi

Correction.

The Laura Ashley has 2 supports and not 3 .

It has a metal support bar and metal legs with sprung timber slats.

Here is a like to the divan type

https://www.harrisonspinks.co.uk/harrison/seasonal-turn

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Hi Mickey.

Looking for a double mattress. We have a memory foam that's seen better days and needs replacing asap. Can you recommend something middle of the road as in not to cheap or not to expensive that's popular. It can have memory foam or not but i'd like something firm if possible.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Hi Mickey.

Looking for a double mattress. We have a memory foam that's seen better days and needs replacing asap. Can you recommend something middle of the road as in not to cheap or not to expensive that's popular. It can have memory foam or not but i'd like something firm if possible.

Cheers.

Hi BanditLuke,

These two mattresses are our biggest sellers in the mid price/middle of the road range.

Our Vogue is our most popular mattress which is a semi orthopaedic, medium firmness, double sided mattress; https://bigmickey.ie/product/irish-beds-vogue-orthopaedic-mattress/

Our Ruby is similar to the Vogue but it is a winter/summer side mattress. It has memory foam on one side and none on the other. It would also be firmer than the Vogue; https://bigmickey.ie/product/ruby-mattress-2/

Regards

BigMickey

Advertisement