Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 246 - Eir TV

Options
  • 11-01-2020 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to watch the ppv next weekend with eir TV? I have tried searching for it but it's very vague. I have found a website saying there are BT box office channels on channels number 490 and 491 but is this only on sky?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

BT box office through sky is the only legit option

A fine sea fairing craft will also do the job just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭8ofSpades

is BT Box office available on Virgin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

It's only available legally on sky here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Do the prelims still show for free and then the main card on PPV?

Or do you have to pay for the whole lot?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Do the prelims still show for free and then the main card on PPV?

Or do you have to pay for the whole lot?

The main card is ppv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Text from Eir yesterday:

Watch Conor McGregor's eagerly anticipated return to the octagon this Saturday on BT Sport Box Office as he takes on Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone at UFC 246 T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. This is a pay per view event available to eir vision customers for €24.99. To purchase this event, get in touch with webchat at www.eir.ie/chatnow or call our Care team on 1800 475 475. View terms & conditions at https://www.eirsport.ie/ppv-terms-conditions. To opt out text OPTOUT to 50100

• Registered Users Posts: 10 angecork

Has anyone ordered this with eir? I ordered this morning and the channel is saying I don't have the subscription, i know it doesn't start till 1am but I really don't trust eir and I'll crack up if it doesn't switch on..

angecork wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered this with eir? I ordered this morning and the channel is saying I don't have the subscription, i know it doesn't start till 1am but I really don't trust eir and I'll crack up if it doesn't switch on..
    I'm just about to - is it they give you access to a new channel?

I'm supposed to have people calling over so I'd like to see it working before 1am when they're here!

It's supposed to be on channel 490, I dunno are all the customer service numbers closed since 6? You might be able to order it on chat online?

In a very strange turn of events, I can't get on to chat, mentioned this to the group citing that support hours had ended & one of the lads checked on his mobile, got straight through to chat, I provided the details and it's been added....but very odd

• Advertisement

D'Agger wrote: »
    In a very strange turn of events, I can't get on to chat, mentioned this to the group citing that support hours had ended & one of the lads checked on his mobile, got straight through to chat, I provided the details and it's been added....but very odd
    What is showing on the channel for you? Mine is still saying I don't have the subscription and to ring a number, they're a disaster being honest I called the number today and hung up after 20 mins of waiting, had to order it through chat then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Info on how to watch the fight

https://www.bt.com/sport/box-office#waystobuy

What is showing on the channel for you? Mine is still saying I don't have the subscription and to ring a number, they're a disaster being honest I called the number today and hung up after 20 mins of waiting, had to order it through chat then.
    Same, was told on the webchat it would be available on 490/491

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Info on how to watch the fight

https://www.bt.com/sport/box-office#waystobuy

That's UK

Only way here is with Eir Vision TV or Sky TV

Same, was told on the webchat it would be available on 490/491

Hopefully it will switch on at 1am so..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Oh it’ll be on utube 5 mins afterwards, I wudnt be panicking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

any idea what time the main event ring walk will be?

I fancy getting up for this one, but dont want to be up too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Raging.

Not a Sky or Virgin customer, have BT channels free via app as I have eir broadband. BT Sport Box Office app won't work in Ireland. So no way to watch!

Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Ronan H

any idea what time the main event ring walk will be?

I fancy getting up for this one, but dont want to be up too early.

My alarm is set for 430am.

Hopefully it will switch on at 1am so..
    What's mad is I still can't get on web chat so either my buddy just got phished or Eir chat support is getting hammered now

• Advertisement

What's mad is I still can't get on web chat so either my buddy just got phished or Eir chat support is getting hammered now

I just tried and waited 5 mins but nobody had responded, it's a bit stupid to give a phone number to order that closes at 6 when the majority of people wouldn't order it till tonight, even today ringing that number was a waste of time you were on hold for so long..

Crazy that the fight is so hard to get in Ireland when Conor is friggin Irish!!!

I want to spend 30 euro but seems nobody will take it.

I just tried and waited 5 mins but nobody had responded, it's a bit stupid to give a phone number to order that closes at 6 when the majority of people wouldn't order it till tonight, even today ringing that number was a waste of time you were on hold for so long..
    I got through and confirmed my buddies order had been taken correctly - FWIW I simply forgot to close the tab and saw I was connected so figured I'd ask before I get nailed for slowing the queue for others - so the webchat function will work eventually

After all the panic it's working 😂

After all the panic it's working 😂
    Not seeing anything here on my end - channel 490? Still says I don't have a subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

What a load of balls. Jumped through hoops to make sure the online order got cancelled, ordered through the remote instead so I could record, but it still won't let me rewind to or start at the beginning.

Balls.

Mine is on now, 490 and 491, maybe contact them again?

Mine came in for about 2am, though I did power off the sky box from the cable i.e. Hard reset to see it come on

Mine came in for about 2am, though I did power off the sky box from the cable i.e. Hard reset to see it come on

We're all sorted so :) enjoy :)

Weird one that has me returning to this

I've noticed that since the McGregor fight I have all the sky sports & BT sports channels, now I'm waiting for a bill given something must have changed on my account but has anybody else noticed this??

• Advertisement
Advertisement