Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Travelling to America for a UFC Event - Advice, Tips, Costs etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Anyone know what the story is for fight club members trying to get into the weigh in? For other events there's been special entry for fight club members but can't find anything about this oneb

Anyone know what the story is for fight club members trying to get into the weigh in? For other events there's been special entry for fight club members but can't find anything about this one

Anyone know what the story is for fight club members trying to get into the weigh in? For other events there's been special entry for fight club members but can't find anything about this one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

People queueing already wtf

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    People queueing already wtf
    I know yeah the lunatics. In this heat and all.

Must say the Irish people over here are fairly well behaved. Compared to some of the eejits I saw at 194 anyway

• Advertisement

At least there is shade there now. So many with no tickets for tomorrow

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Enjoy the fight all you lucky f***ers who are over there!

dulux99 wrote: »
    I know yeah the lunatics. In this heat and all.

Must say the Irish people over here are fairly well behaved. Compared to some of the eejits I saw at 194 anyway

Did you run into these Irish heroes?

https://youtu.be/unmrdlXbBvk

glasso wrote: »
    Did you run into these Irish heroes?

https://youtu.be/unmrdlXbBvk

Genuinely I saw none of that, everywhere I went both sets of fans were very well natured. Before and after the fight. Listening to second captains earlier and they had a guy from the examiner reporting from Vegas who said the air of tension was palpable wherever he went after the fight - total bullsh*t.

A load of Russian lads came into 9 fine Irishmen in NYNY after the fight and a jovial time was had by all.

Sadly those f*cking apes in that video have painted the scenes over there to be far different to what it was actually like. It was very annoying to read all of the reports after the fight from Irish media about the atmosphere over there because as usual they wanted to go hatchet on anything and everything to do with McGregor. This tweet from Marc Raimondi was the only accurate portrayal of it :

https://twitter.com/marc_raimondi/status/1048809160802856960?s=09

Also, can I just say - the lad who got sparked in that video deserved a smack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Genuinely I saw none of that, everywhere I went both sets of fans were very well natured. Before and after the fight. Listening to second captains earlier and they had a guy from the examiner reporting from Vegas who said the air of tension was palpable wherever he went after the fight - total bullsh*t.

A load of Russian lads came into 9 fine Irishmen in NYNY after the fight and a jovial time was had by all.

Sadly those f*cking apes in that video have painted the scenes over there to be far different to what it was actually like. It was very annoying to read all of the reports after the fight from Irish media about the atmosphere over there because as usual they wanted to go hatchet on anything and everything to do with McGregor. This tweet from Marc Raimondi was the only accurate portrayal of it :

https://twitter.com/marc_raimondi/status/1048809160802856960?s=09

Also, can I just say - the lad who got sparked in that video deserved a smack.

Yes, agreed: I didn't see any trouble or feel any atmosphere of aggression. I think it's a shame that the media was so keen to present that idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

A fight broke out in my section just after the fight ended. Security nullified it fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,925 ✭✭✭✭rob316

As I thought, a load of nothing bigged up by the media.

Anyone with half a brain wouldn't go near these russian lads anyway. Irish crowds in my experience at these just shout ole ole ole ole ole ole ole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

didnt see any fights - was a wild night all the same

:eek:

unfortunate use of that pub's name there in the context :)

I'm having withdrawal symptoms now to be honest. Love Las Vegas, love the place itself, love the buzz, love the fight week events like press conference and weigh ins, loved the atmosphere infront of the arena beforehand with the fighters outside taking pics, loved the commraderie before and after with both Irish and Russians - despite what the media would have you believe :D

Sadly I think I'll struggle to get anyone to come with me to a non mcgregor fight, and if he fights in the summer then Vegas is too expensive. Great times though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

I'm having withdrawal symptoms now to be honest. Love Las Vegas, love the place itself, love the buzz, love the fight week events like press conference and weigh ins, loved the atmosphere infront of the arena beforehand with the fighters outside taking pics, loved the commraderie before and after with both Irish and Russians - despite what the media would have you believe :D

Sadly I think I'll struggle to get anyone to come with me to a non mcgregor fight, and if he fights in the summer then Vegas is too expensive. Great times though.

Agreed. Had been to Vegas before (and didn't really care for it), but not for a fight. This trip was incredible, though: was really sorry to come home.

I'm lucky that my wife enjoyed the whole trip too and is happy to visit again for a card without McGregor.

Thats 4 times there now over 11 years (4 fight cards). May be a long long time before we go again. Still love the place even though it is getting more expensive.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Thats 4 times there now over 11 years (4 fight cards). May be a long long time before we go again. Still love the place even though it is getting more expensive.

Yeah it's definitely getting more expensive I noticed that myself

• Registered Users Posts: 12,186 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'd love to go back, might even wangle a trip this year sometime.

Been 4 times, UFC 100, 116, 189 and Manny Pacquaio's retirement fight (although he didn't stay retired) against Bradley I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Anyone else heading to MSG this week? Looking forward to the main event and Weidman v Jacare. Other than that I'm really disappointed in the card. Especially losing the Diaz Poirier fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

I am going for a holiday to Vegas from Ireland with my wife and just realised I will be there during International Fight Week.... had feeling it would fall like this when I booked the trip back in December ;)

Anyway I have never been to a UFC event outside of Europe so I need some help. Are tickets put on sale very early for these shows, and how difficult will it be for me to acquire tickets for this event as it usually is one of their biggest of the year. Any tips will be welcome. Thanks in advance

R.F. wrote: »
    I am going for a holiday to Vegas from Ireland with my wife and just realised I will be there during International Fight Week.... had feeling it would fall like this when I booked the trip back in December ;)

Anyway I have never been to a UFC event outside of Europe so I need some help. Are tickets put on sale very early for these shows, and how difficult will it be for me to acquire tickets for this event as it usually is one of their biggest of the year. Any tips will be welcome. Thanks in advance

Tickets are usually on sale about 6 weeks before the event. Fight club membership is definitely advised but depending on the event you may get away without it, but personally I'd never take the gamble. It's about 100 quid for peace of mind.

Tickets are usually on sale about 6 weeks before the event. Fight club membership is definitely advised but depending on the event you may get away without it, but personally I'd never take the gamble. It's about 100 quid for peace of mind.

Thanks, I notice there is 2 membership options

Elite for $150 and Ultimate for $85. Can I ask which you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,925 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just the basic 85 dollar is fine and will give you presale access. I've never not got tickets with presale access.

WIth Int fight week you may get some benefits from it also. Its a great week, fighters everywhere.

I just have the 85 quid one and it always did the job. I didn't even know there was an elite option.

As Joey said fight week is the best week to go to Vegas.

I just have the 85 quid one and it always did the job. I didn't even know there was an elite option.

As Joey said fight week is the best week to go to Vegas.

cheers, so I might get that now. Roughly how long does the pre-sale last before they go on general sale?

And also how much am I looking at for tickets? I dont want to be up in the gods but not looking for ultra expensive ring side seats

about 6 weeks before, maybe late may, keep an eye on ufc website.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,186 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

cheers, so I might get that now. Roughly how long does the pre-sale last before they go on general sale?

And also how much am I looking at for tickets? I dont want to be up in the gods but not looking for ultra expensive ring side seats

Tickets go out 6-8 weeks before the event, the Fight Club presale is on the Wednesday, other presale like Newsletter codes etc on the Thursday, general sale on the Friday.

How much you spend will depend on the headliner. If McGregor fights Cowboy or some other huge fights go down, brace yourself...

I've been to 3 UFC events in Vegas, one was during fight week (UFC 100). Next was UFC 116 and then UFC 189. So that's 2 Lesnar headliners then McGregor. Ticket prices were savage. I spent between $4-600 and was still a long way back.

I tell a lie, 4 Vegas events. Did a TUF finale the day after 189. Those were cheap though, held it in the MGM rather than their usual trip to the Palms etc so it was half empty. 4500 attendance compared to the 16k the night before.

• Advertisement

It really all depends on what kind of card they put on. It's not just the ticket prices either, the taxes are insane. I think my tickets for McGregor v Khabib were about $800 each with taxes included, about 150 quid worth of taxes on each ticket if I remember correctly.

If I were you I wouldn't get the fight club membership until the Tuesday of the week the tickets go on sale. The fight club presale happens on a Wednesday and the membership lasts a year, there's not any advantage buying the membership now if the tickets aren't on sale for another number of weeks.

Advertisement