Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2017/18 Off Season Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Mariners get Dee Gordon from the Marlins

Mariners get Dee Gordon from the Marlins

Good signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Good signing.
    If he can play center field it will be even better...

So it looks like the inevitable Marlins fire sale has begun.

So reports are now saying Stanton doesn't want to join the Cardinals or Giants

He will accept trades to the Yankees, Cubs, Astros and the Dodgers

• Advertisement

Ohtani signs with the Angels as a hitter and pitcher

Ohtani signs with the Angels as a hitter and pitcher

That's a surprise isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Yeah. Angels already have Pujols and his massive salary at DH. Unless they are just going to eat it. Trout and Othani on the same team should make them competitive though.

There’s going to be an investigation from MLB around the whole process too. Will be interesting to see what happens there.

His agent just came out and said he signed with them because he was made to feel like he was already part of the team.. So much for not going to the big market.. But I dunno how they're gonna use him?? Does he hit on all of his days off etc???

His agent just came out and said he signed with them because he was made to feel like he was already part of the team.. So much for not going to the big market.. But I dunno how they're gonna use him?? Does he hit on all of his days off etc???

I did read about how he plays earlier on but I can't find the article again. I think he gets 2 days rest after a start, hits for 2 days and then pitches again. So I think it only works when he's part of a six man rotation.

• Advertisement

So reports are now saying Stanton doesn't want to join the Cardinals or Giants

He will accept trades to the Yankees, Cubs, Astros and the Dodgers

Cardinals have released a statement confirming he doesn't want to go to them.

Cardinals have released a statement confirming he doesn't want to go to them.

Giants have done the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Giants have done the same.

Stanton in advanced talks with the Yankees

ShyMets wrote: »
    Stanton in advanced talks with the Yankees

Stanton and Judge. How many strikeouts between the two of them?

Stanton and Judge. How many strikeouts between the two of them?

Or to turn the question on its head. How many home runs between them

Or to turn the question on its head. How many home runs between them

True. It’s going to be boom or bust.

Sorry lads.. Haven't been on since the other day.. Very happy with getting Stanton for basically nothing..

Sorry lads.. Haven't been on since the other day.. Very happy with getting Stanton for basically nothing..

Yankees to pay $265m of the $295m remaining, "basically nothing", typical Yankees fan ha ha.....!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,945 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Yankees to pay $265m of the $295m remaining, "basically nothing", typical Yankees fan ha ha.....!!!

Interesting Jeter selling his best player to the Yankees, for salary relief and a slim haul of prospects. As much as it pains me, better to have him in the AL and not see him as often blasting shots out of Citi. And, I agree with Krusty - it's only money. Be nice to spend some. I'm not sanguine about next year's FA class - can't see the Mets getting into a war over Machado or Harper with anyone. Dodgers jilted in the Ohtani and Stanton races, they'll be ready for 2018 FA class - can see Ohtani landing their permanently, and either Machado or Harper. Harper'd enable them to rid themselves of Puig.

Hating this offseason. Nothing happening, so many holes to fill, all the news is about the bullpen (what little there is.) Punch & Judy lineup for opening day - a maybe healthy Cespedes, and a bunch of average players who play poor defense.

Ugh.

• Advertisement

Igotadose wrote: »
    Interesting Jeter selling his best player to the Yankees, for salary relief and a slim haul of prospects. As much as it pains me, better to have him in the AL and not see him as often blasting shots out of Citi. And, I agree with Krusty - it's only money. Be nice to spend some. I'm not sanguine about next year's FA class - can't see the Mets getting into a war over Machado or Harper with anyone. Dodgers jilted in the Ohtani and Stanton races, they'll be ready for 2018 FA class - can see Ohtani landing their permanently, and either Machado or Harper. Harper'd enable them to rid themselves of Puig.

Hating this offseason. Nothing happening, so many holes to fill, all the news is about the bullpen (what little there is.) Punch & Judy lineup for opening day - a maybe healthy Cespedes, and a bunch of average players who play poor defense.

Ugh.

As much as I hate to say it, it's a very nice piece of business by the Yankees.

The Winter meetings are starting so the off-season should start heating up. Hard to know what to expect from the Mets. I've read reports they are looking at Starlin Castro. Please NO!

As much as I hate to say it, it's a very nice piece of business by the Yankees.

Derek Jeter. The Yankees’ Mr. December as well as Mr. October now.

Ugh.

Anderson just said they don’t have much of a farm system and they don’t have the money to compete for the top end free agents so that about sums up where we are regarding new players.

Anderson just said they don’t have much of a farm system and they don’t have the money to compete for the top end free agents so that about sums up where we are regarding new players.

At least he has a sense of humor

https://twitter.com/nypost_mets/status/939976093934800896

• Registered Users Posts: 12,945 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Sad when the GM makes fun of his own team. There's a bunch of backlash in the NY media space over the comment. And at least 1 sell the team petition.

Sad when the GM makes fun of his own team. There's a bunch of backlash in the NY media space over the comment. And at least 1 sell the team petition.

Poor comment by Aldserson. Maybe it was an attempt at getting a sly dig at the Wilpons. But it won't do Nimmo's confidence much good

CC Sabathia close to a deal with the Angels

Mets are shopping Harvey

Pirates are shopping McCutchen

Luke Gregerson headed back to Cardinals.

• Advertisement

Stanton’s press conference was interesting. None of the usual sugar coating his old club. Nice to see a player say what he really thinks.

Advertisement