Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MLB TV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Just reading the MLB.TV forum and apparently those on auto-renewal in Europe got charged and extra $20 or so to cover an EU tax that came into being on January 1. I signed up manually and didn't get charged this so just wondering has anyone had to pay the extra fee this year?

EDIT - False alarm. Seems the extra amount was taken in error and is now being refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Anyone know when spring training games are going to start being shown? Just greyed out on my MLBTV and no options to watch either stream appearing yet.

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    Anyone know when spring training games are going to start being shown? Just greyed out on my MLBTV and no options to watch either stream appearing yet.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/broadcasts/spring_mlbtv.jsp?&affiliateId=SPRINGTRAININGSCHEDULE

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

thanks man. Sorry should have found that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I have the Yankees Phillies game on in the background as I'm working.

It feels like Summer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Anyone having serious issues again with the PS3 app? It was the exact same last year, every time I open a game it plays video for about three seconds then the entire system locks up and nothing works. Only way to get back is a hard reboot. Last season they eventually issued a fix randomly during the season but its back again this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Noticed I got overcharged by $30 for my auto-renewal when looking at my Internet Banking. Called them and they said they'd rectify but I have to get another call back from then this week.

Not a huge amount but worth checking your card charges if you've renewed mlb.tv

8-10 wrote: »
    Noticed I got overcharged by $30 for my auto-renewal when looking at my Internet Banking. Called them and they said they'd rectify but I have to get another call back from then this week.

Not a huge amount but worth checking your card charges if you've renewed mlb.tv

You should look at their forum page. Happened to a load of people. the last time I had a look, some were getting it returned.

You should look at their forum page. Happened to a load of people. the last time I had a look, some were getting it returned.

Yeah seems to be new EU VAT rates for non-EU companies providing a service to EU customers.

Email said it would renew at $129.99 and I got charged $159

I think it's bad that they did not include this charge in the renewal, they made it seem like it would be the same charge as last year but it's not.

I'll give another call today for an update

Yeah seems to be new EU VAT rates for non-EU companies providing a service to EU customers.

Email said it would renew at $129.99 and I got charged $159

I think it's bad that they did not include this charge in the renewal, they made it seem like it would be the same charge as last year but it's not.

I'll give another call today for an update

Just got called, they explained what the charge was and advised of a refund within 24hrs. perfect

• Advertisement

Just got called, they explained what the charge was and advised of a refund within 24hrs. perfect

Did they say why they take it if they give it back a few days later?

Did they say why they take it if they give it back a few days later?

I can't remember exactly what he said as I was just stepping out of a meeting to take the call quickly but it was definitely a case of this happening to a large number of customers who have complained so it was clear he was reading from a script and I was 1 of many calls today.

Basically said that the charge was down to an EU regulation to charge VAT on the service and MLB received notification of the charge too late to inform the auto-renewal customers. So for that reason they have agreed to refund the amount equal to the VAT amount (must be tricky enough as each country has a different rate), and the refund should hit within 24hrs.

Happy with that, and impressive how quickly they can rectify it. Top marks, to be honest I would have bought it even with the VAT charge, it was only not knowing in advance that annoyed me.

I can't remember exactly what he said as I was just stepping out of a meeting to take the call quickly but it was definitely a case of this happening to a large number of customers who have complained so it was clear he was reading from a script and I was 1 of many calls today.

Basically said that the charge was down to an EU regulation to charge VAT on the service and MLB received notification of the charge too late to inform the auto-renewal customers. So for that reason they have agreed to refund the amount equal to the VAT amount (must be tricky enough as each country has a different rate), and the refund should hit within 24hrs.

Happy with that, and impressive how quickly they can rectify it. Top marks, to be honest I would have bought it even with the VAT charge, it was only not knowing in advance that annoyed me.

Good that they are refunding because the oversight was at their end and they didn't play the "it's out of our hands" card. Although on the bad side, it's going to be at the higher price next season for all of us.

Good that they are refunding because the oversight was at their end and they didn't play the "it's out of our hands" card. Although on the bad side, it's going to be at the higher price next season for all of us.

True. And I reckon for the casual viewer that might drive away some eu customers. Personally I think the service is excellent and is already terrific value so an extra 30 dollars still means it's a good deal if you use it everyday which I pretty much do. I'd pay 100euro for the offseason alone

True. And I reckon for the casual viewer that might drive away some eu customers. Personally I think the service is excellent and is already terrific value so an extra 30 dollars still means it's a good deal if you use it everyday which I pretty much do. I'd pay 100euro for the offseason alone

I'd love if they put the MLB Network on it like the NFL do with GamePass and the NBA with their service. It's the only thing that prevents it from getting a 10/10. Well I'd also like to be able to have the multi game options on the Apple TV but that's just being greedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Updated the look of the web player. Very nice and easy to access stats. I like it.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Updated the look of the web player. Very nice and easy to access stats. I like it.

Have they fixed the 'mini view'? I had a look at the beta and instead of minimising the browser so you could look at other windows or do other stuff, it just kept a small view on the same page so was kind of useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Have they fixed the 'mini view'? I had a look at the beta and instead of minimising the browser so you could look at other windows or do other stuff, it just kept a small view on the same page so was kind of useless.

Never used the mini view before myself but doesn't seem like they've fixed that. Still on the same page looking at it now. Sure they'll change that with time though.

The option is still there to use the old version anyway.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/01/19/mlb-tv-settlement-is-big-win-for-baseball-fans/

I don't know how it will affect us over here but single team subscriptions available and a reduction on the price can't be bad. Although the weak euro and tax will probably negate any savings.

Now if only they'd add the MLB Network and fix the time bar so it doesn't give away the results of games, we'd be laughing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/01/19/mlb-tv-settlement-is-big-win-for-baseball-fans/

I don't know how it will affect us over here but single team subscriptions available and a reduction on the price can't be bad. Although the weak euro and tax will probably negate any savings.

Now if only they'd add the MLB Network and fix the time bar so it doesn't give away the results of games, we'd be laughing.

Is there a worry here that we will pay more to renew? New subscriptions are dropping to $110, but as far as I can tell from my email, my 2015 subscription will automatically renew for 2016 at the 2015 price ($129.99)

• Advertisement

Is there a worry here that we will pay more to renew? New subscriptions are dropping to $110, but as far as I can tell from my email, my 2015 subscription will automatically renew for 2016 at the 2015 price ($129.99)

I hadn't thought of that. Hopefully that's not the case. Can you remember (I can't) if they send out an email prior to the automatic renewal? If they do, the price will probably be shown there and we can cancel and take the lower price as a new user.

Either way, we get stung with taxes on top of the cost now as well so it'll probably end up at the same price anyway.

I subscribed to the MILB package as well last year but I never really used it so won't be getting it this year but the very few games I did watch, all seemed to be filmed using a camcorder or something from the back row of the stands.

I hadn't thought of that. Hopefully that's not the case. Can you remember (I can't) if they send out an email prior to the automatic renewal? If they do, the price will probably be shown there and we can cancel and take the lower price as a new user.

Either way, we get stung with taxes on top of the cost now as well so it'll probably end up at the same price anyway.

I subscribed to the MILB package as well last year but I never really used it so won't be getting it this year but the very few games I did watch, all seemed to be filmed using a camcorder or something from the back row of the stands.

Yeah we got the tax amnesty last year but it's going to definitely increase it this year. I have old renewal emails that are late Feb or early March so I'm guessing that's when we'll get a mail. I'm certain they won't screw over existing customers - will be keeping an eye out for the mails.

Yeah we got the tax amnesty last year but it's going to definitely increase it this year. I have old renewal emails that are late Feb or early March so I'm guessing that's when we'll get a mail. I'm certain they won't screw over existing customers - will be keeping an eye out for the mails.

Got my mail. No word of what the tax will be. Even the terms & conditions don't spell out the EU tax.

I guess we'll find out when our cards get charged!

Didn't get my email yet. I had a look on the website and it does say 'stay tuned for new features' but I'm not holding out any hope for getting MLB Network which is top of everyones wish list. If we were getting that they'd be broadcasting that out very loudly I'd imagine.

I just tried asking a question on the MLB.TV support forum and got the message "This forum has a waiting period before new members can post a message. Please return in 76683 hour(s) to post". I've been a subscriber since 2009 or 2010...!!!! Has anyone else got this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭TempPeck

Dear 2015 MLB.TV® Premium Yearly subscriber,

MLB.TV Premium, the Emmy® award winner for Technology and Engineering, is back just in time for Spring Training. The first game streamed online will be on or about February 29, 2016. We are pleased to notify you of the annual automatic renewal of your subscription for 2016. Your subscription is priced even lower than last season’s regular yearly price - only $109.99 ($20 off last year’s full yearly price) and includes all the great features from last year, PLUS new features for the 2016 season. Enjoy full portability to over 400 supported connected devices, including supported mobile devices with a free subscription to At Bat Premium (the #1 selling sports app in the Apple Store - $19.99 value) for the 2016 season.

Watch over 275 Spring Training games (without blackout restrictions) and all 2,430 regular season games online or on your favorite supported smartphones, tablets and connected devices (subject to blackout restrictions). Almost 100 games are streamed LIVE per week. PLUS, eligible authenticated subscribers will also be able to live stream each game of the 2016 World Series as well as the 87th All-Star Game on supported devices.

New for 2016
    NEW LIVE STREAMING TECHNOLOGY (BEST PICTURE QUALITY EVER WITH 60FPS): The new Apple TV will be among the supported devices delivering 60fps live video streaming for MLB.TV Premium subscribers. This HD technology also will be available in 2016 on iPhone 6+, iPhone 6S+, iPad, Chromecast™, PlayStation® 4, PlayStation® 3, Roku®, Xbox® One and Xbox® 360.
    2016 MLB.TV Premium Features
    Enjoy complete mobile portability to compatible smartphones and tablets (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch - iOS 7.0 or higher, supported Android smartphones 4.0 and higher and tablets, and Amazon Kindle Fire) through the MLB.com At Bat app.*
    High definition Media Player: Powered through a responsive, in-page layout with simplified user controls and game-event milestone markers.
    Home or Away Feeds: Watch either the home or away teams' broadcasts.
    HD Picture: Speed detection technology delivers high definition video on any size screen during the MLB regular season (sufficient bandwidth required).
    Live Game DVR Functionality: Pause and rewind live games. Jump back to create your own instant replay.
    Multi-Game Viewing Options: Watch up to four games simultaneously.
    Connected device innovations: Favorite team view and boxscore overlay on supported connected devices.
    Spanish Audio Sync: Spanish-language audio overlay option for every available regular season game on supported devices.
    Pitch by Pitch Tracking: Track the location, type and speed of every pitch.
    Picture-in-Picture: Choose one game and track another or watch in-game highlights simultaneously in a secondary window.
    Audio Overlay: Overlay the home or away team's radio broadcast over the live video or use the "Park" option to include the ballpark's natural sounds.
    Clickable Linescores: Go directly to any at-bat or half inning of a game.
    In-Game Highlights: Real-time highlights and player stats automatically load in the media player.
    Player Tracker: Customize a list to feature entire fantasy rosters and receive on-deck notifications to watch live look-ins for each player. Simply click the alert and watch the at-bat live in a Picture in Picture window.
    Click here to see a full list of features.
    * Simply download the free MLB.com At Bat app to your supported smartphone or tablet and log-in with your MLB.TV Premium username and password to access live and on-demand baseball.

MLB.TV Single Team Package We are now offering a Single Team Package for the yearly price of $84.99. Subscribers to this package can watch local telecasts of a selected single team’s out-of-market regular season games LIVE in full HD. Note: this product will not allow you to view live games of any in-market team. Also LIVE Postseason games are not included. If you change your subscription to the MLB.TV Single Team Package, your updated subscription will automatically renew annually on or about March 1 at the then-current year's regular full yearly price. If you would like to change your automatically renewing subscription to the MLB.TV Single Team Package, simply click here.

There is no action required for you to continue your MLB.TV Premium subscription. Unless you change your subscription to the MLB.TV Single Team Package, the payment card you have on file with us will be charged $109.99 prior to the beginning of live Spring Training games, on or about February 29, 2016. Your subscription will automatically renew annually on or about March 1 at the then-current year's regular full yearly price. To ensure uninterrupted access to your MLB.TV Premium subscription, in the event that we are unable to process charges to your primary payment card we will charge the alternate card(s) saved in your MLB.com Payment Profile. To update or confirm your payment card information, simply click here.

If you have any questions about your subscription, please e-mail Customer Service at subscriptions@website.mlb.com or call 866-800-1275 (International customers please call 512-434-1542). If you wish to cancel your current subscription, you can do so by accessing "Audio/Video Subscriptions" in the "Payment Profile" section of your MLB.com account and following the instructions or by e-mailing us at subscriptionrenewal@website.mlb.com.

Enjoy the 2016 season.

Sincerely,
    MLB.com

MLB.com will collect sales tax on certain purchases as required by law (including any applicable VAT Tax). Terms of Use for more information on our sales tax policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Is the PS4 app only available from the US Store or will it be live for non-US customers? I'd be all in if I can get it on my PS4.

Its only available in the US store but it works here once you download it. Note: You don't get spring training games on it.

You need to set up a 2nd PSN account and put USA as your country. Log in with that account and download the app.
    It should be available to you when you log back in with your normal account.

You don't get all of the features listed above on the PS4. No multiple games etc but it does have a few of its own features.
    Unless they've updated it for this year.

• Advertisement

Didn't get my email yet.

Just checked my account and when I emailed to cancel the MILB part of my renewal, they cancelled the whole thing so the renewal email was never going to come.

Just resubscribed and the tax was $25.30 on top of the $109.09 so €121.53 according to today's exchange rate but when you add in the banks taking their commission etc. we're probably looking at around €124-125.

Advertisement