Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Keeper league

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Well done gents. Best of luck this season!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

It's been quite the start. I have Juan Soto and Mike Moustakas with Covid (all reasonable offers entertained but buyer beware!) and Miami's game with the Orioles is postponed due to Covid worries. Hopefully it'll all work out...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Lads, anyone here interested in doing fantasy NHL this year?
    we need numbers in the hockey forum to keep a league going.

Hey everyone!
    just posting to see if people are ready to get back on track for a fullish season!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭boccy23

I'm in anyway. As you say, in whatever form the season will take. I assume we go back to our 2019 rosters and keepers etc. from then?

• Advertisement

yep, that's the plan.
    there was also a discussion around changing max keepers to 4 rather than 6. Would have to read back to see if we reached a consensus on it.

Hope everyone is hanging in there and staying safe. It's been really tough the last while - I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

Yahoo has just reopened the registration and I can renew the league as of today. I'm going to renew it now. Let me know if you're all back in.

I'm easy on what we want to do. I think the Head 2 Head worked better for our league than the Roto although the league stayed active. I have the closing 2019 rosters and I can post them if people want to re-start it that way.

Personally I'm looking to join a couple more leagues this year. I had too many teams for a while there and I cut back to just this league. If anyone had a spot going in another league I'd appreciate it if you'd consider me for an open slot.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Count me in too. Looking forward to going back to H2H provided we get enough of a season to make it happen :)

I’m back in too. I totally forgot about the keepers going back to 2019 when I opened the yahoo app. Tatis and machado staring back at me from last year, I started to get excited!! Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lankythecamel

Yes count me in as well

• Advertisement

Lads,

I'm waiting on a couple of teams to confirm for this year before starting the usual polls for draft dates and anything else to be decided. I've just sent out a reminder there. Will ye let me know one way or another in the next couple of days? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Hi guys. Sorry, just seen this now. I'm going to sit out this year. I was El Capitan last year.

Can the other two teams to confirm please let me know? We might have three teams to fill. If anyone would like to join the league or you have any mates that might like to, please post here.

It looks like we need to find three owners to complete the league. If anyone has mates who fancy a H2H league please let them know. Cheers!

Where are we at with the league now?

we look to have 8 teams now?
    So 2 more

Worse case, we can play as 8 team H2H.

So we need to keep it an even number.

Sorry lads, out of commission yesterday. Yep, we have 8 teams.

I've asked around but I haven't managed to find anyone else yet.

I've found a new manager. So that's 9.

Do we think we could find another in the next couple of days?

I'll send around a poll for the draft date later.

Do we want to start from scratch or use the 2019 keepers as the base? I think we agreed we'd keep the 2019 rosters to choose the keepers and we'd pick 4 players.

Any other suggestions on rosters or categories?

https://doodle.com/poll/9b3zkfi9h7kmhzgc?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link

Link for a time/date selection for the draft...

• Advertisement

I had a word around lads and no luck grabbing a 10th

I've filled out the doodle

Done there now as well.

Can the last few lads fill out the doodle please? It looks like Wednesday 25th at 9 is the preferred time at this stage.

If we can't get a 10th I will probably just drop the ninth team and go with 8 teams. It seems a shame but otherwise we'll have odd numbers and bye weeks. If anyone could find another owner that would be great!

Hi all,

I'll set the draft for 9 next Wednesday 24th. That has the most votes.

There will also just be the eight teams. I'll delete El Capitan and Tralee Titans so their end 2019 players will be available.

We'll go with up to 4 keepers. As before you can pick as many as 4 and as little as zero. There's only going to be max 32 players kept. This post should have the closing 2019 rosters attached to it.

The keeper deadline will be Sunday night. Please post your keepers here or send me a DM. The site will use 2020 rosters for keepers rather than 2019 so I'll be manually inputting the keepers.

Thanks Red

Sounds good.

3 Keepers for K Kings:

Fernando Tatis Jr.
    Trea Turner
    Bo Bichette

Thanks again.

Thanks Red

Zephyrs keepers:

Ozzie Albies