Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window Cleaning

• 14-09-2015 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend someone that cleans domestic windows? I want interior and exterior done and most places only do the exterior.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I know Simon from Glanóg is very good but I am not sure if he does interiors .

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

OP, Hope you dont mind me posting ehre, but anyone know of a window cleaner that seems to work around Raheen/Ballinacurra? Older guy, carries his ladder on a bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Roisinbunny

I know who you mean Styer, he was always up and down Raheen, haven't seen hin in a long time and not over the summer.

A few days back we got Simon from Glanog to do fascia, gutters, outside windows before the winter sets in. He did an incredible job, our gutters hadn't been done since we moved in years ago and great value for money. He gave me his business card and it said interior cleaning also on it so I would defo give him a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I know who you mean Styer, he was always up and down Raheen, haven't seen hin in a long time and not over the summer.

A few days back we got Simon from Glanog to do fascia, gutters, outside windows before the winter sets in. He did an incredible job, our gutters hadn't been done since we moved in years ago and great value for money. He gave me his business card and it said interior cleaning also on it so I would defo give him a call.

I was wondering if he was still doing the windows, he used to live down the road from me but I think he has moved so I hadn't seen his van around .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

styer wrote: »
    OP, Hope you dont mind me posting ehre, but anyone know of a window cleaner that seems to work around Raheen/Ballinacurra? Older guy, carries his ladder on a bike?

I know who you mean. Don't go near him! Got him last year. He was supposed to clean the windows and the shoots. Pulled some stuff out of the shoots and asked me for a binbag to put it into, then put the bag in the bin before he left leaving me to believe the job was done.
    Left before cleaning the windows because apparently he was "a bit pushed on time" and it "looked like rain", but he'd "come back another day to do that."

My partner came home later and spotted some stuff hanging from the shoot. Thought it was just some loose weeds and went up to have a look. The shoots were still filled with stuff! All the 'cleaner' had done was pull off a few loose bits from the tops, and to add insult to injury the shoots were absolutely filthy after him too!

So OP, I can't recommend anyone I'm afraid, but I can definitely tell you who NOT to get! Complete bloody chancer :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement