Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idea's for wall tiles for small country bathroom

• 24-01-2021 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

I tiled a bathroom floor in the home place last year. Progress was slow but with the way things were I had all the time in the world and was probably being overly cautious as I proceeded - well it was my first tiling job being an amateur chancer with rudimentary tools. Had a bit of footwork to do removing badly laid old tiles, raising and levelling floor first etc. Tiles are called Arabella, 15cm by 15 cm and are laid diagonally to the walls.

Next project - just looking for opinions on what wall tiles to put on now. Should I tile fully up the walls? Thinking a light colour as it is a small dark bathroom but obviously want something that would go well with the newly laid floor tiles too. Also was considering something like white timber paneling to go half way up the wall but it can get damp too so not sure if that's a brilliant idea from that point of view.

Also wondering about skirting. Again considering its a damp room I was thinking a tiled skirting but unsure if using the floor tiles would work well going against the floor tiles that are diagonally laid and having the pattern.

Photos attached and thanks a million in advance for any constructive ideas provided.
    Tagged:

Advertisement