Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Event?

• 29-11-2011 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭

I'll be doing a track day in early January in a race prepared car, I'd be willing to stick a passenger seat into it and give pax laps for a €10 donation.

This was done for a tsunami appeal and was a great success

So the idea would be make a donation via paypal before Christmas then present the receipt to me in Mondello to be taken for a few laps with either myself or Drummerboy08 in our Irish Touring Car.

Would this be a runner?

Edit: The car will have all required safety equipment and a helmet will be provided on the day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'd definitely be interested. In fact I think you're underselling it at a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Ya, go on sure!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Quazzie wrote: »
    I'd definitely be interested. In fact I think you're underselling it at a tenner.

Pile it high, sell it cheap :D

I'm not 100% sure but I think Mondello will be charging a tenner in, I'll talk to them tomorrow though and try get some sort of concession

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'd like to give it a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I'm up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

EPM wrote: »
    I'm up for it.

I thought that was just a rumour started by Confab.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Ah sure why not, lets see how ye compare to Eoin Murray in a Seat Supercopa :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Nice idea, fair play! ... I'd be up for it, assuming I can make it on the day.
    Quazzie wrote: »
    Probably a bit tbh, but it means no-one is really ruled out because cash is short. Nothing to stop people giving a little extra if they can, and lots probably will ...

Nice idea, fair play! ... I'd be up for it, assuming I can make it on the day.

Probably a bit tbh, but it means no-one is really ruled out because cash is short. Nothing to stop people giving a little extra if they can, and lots probably will ...

I'm still trying to work out the mechanics of it. Mondello charge €10 for spectators and usually charge for anything more than 1 passenger, I'd like to think they's waive the passenger charge anyway which would leave the cost at €10 to SSF and €10 entry.

I've also PM'd Dav and would like his blessing before we confirm as a runner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Been passo with both GaryITR & Drummerboy08 at one of the trackdays before and it's well worth a €10 for the spin around Mondello, I'd be up for this esp when it's for a good cause! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Definitely up for this. Sign me up!!

Dav has given this the nod so anybody that's interested can pop their name here

:D

I promise no to scare anybody :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Palbear

I'm new. Hope to participate more. thanks.

Advertisement