Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cake stand

• 10-01-2021 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi all. I have come into possession of a number of logs ranging from about 10" diameter to 14". My girlfriend is a pastry chef and she thinks that cutting them into cake stands would be a great idea. Would there be someone here from the Limerick area that would be able to cut the logs for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Is your expectation that just slicing the logs into rings will give the cake stands?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ImAHappyCamper

Is your expectation that just slicing the logs into rings will give the cake stands?

Well I know they need to be dried out, sanded and treated to make them food safe. After that I'm afraid that I'm a bit ignorant about the whole process but very willing to learn!

Advertisement