Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Washington Commanders thread

• 08-10-2012 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭

dont know if there is one already feel free to remove if there is
    am i the only redskin on here im new enough to the nfl only getting to grips with it now if there are any skins on here feel free to educate me and others about the mighty redskins (ok so we lost tonight but only cos rg3 had to go off):D
    HTTR:cool:
    Post edited by adrian522 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

ah well looks like im the only skins fan in ireland lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

I'm an RG3 fan as I desperately need him for fantasy!

come aboard mate plenty room here:D

great win for the skins again last night rg3 really clocking up the rushing yards now putting 38 pts on the board against the 5th best defense is good going too 3-3 now :) first win at home in a year:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Made my first trip to FedEx at the weekend. Absolutely brilliant!

Here are a few pics if anyone's interested

http://jackpresley.imgur.com

• Advertisement

Heartbreaking loss today. The defence is awful but turnovers cost the game in the end. RGIII is great to watch. That scramble on the 4th and 10 was amazing.

With Fred Davis going out, we might now see the return of Chris Cooley too!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

RGIII is fantastic entertainment. Exciting times for the Redskins.

Paully D wrote: »
    RGIII is fantastic entertainment. Exciting times for the Redskins.

If only the defence would stop gibing up big plays!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

How do you give up a play like that when you have less then a minute to go I just don't know. RG3 though is something special, definitely what the game needs just cant keep your eyes off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The more I see of RG3 the more I like, he so deserved that to be the winning TD today. Everyone knew what Manning was going to do, that is everyone except for the Redskins secondary apparently. :(

• Advertisement

Made my first trip to FedEx at the weekend. Absolutely brilliant!

Here are a few pics if anyone's interested

http://jackpresley.imgur.com

well done those pics are amazing the tail gate party looks cool i would love to go to a game maybe next year how did you get tickets are they easy to get??
    pity about last nights result really thought we had that won turnovers cost us big but at least the redskins are exciting to watch now and people are taling about them again for all the right reasons:)

shamrock55 wrote: »

well done those pics are amazing the tail gate party looks cool i would love to go to a game maybe next year how did you get tickets are they easy to get??
    pity about last nights result really thought we had that won turnovers cost us big but at least the redskins are exciting to watch now and people are taling about them again for all the right reasons:)

I got my ticket through Stubhub so it was fairly easy to get one. I was in row 4 on the 2-3 yard line on the opposition sideline. It was a $99 ticket but the seller was selling it for $135 and when you add in Stubhub's fee it ended up costing around $155 so it cost a bit but was worth every penny.

EDIT- Just realised it was Ticketmaster's Ticket Exchange that I bought my ticket through, not Stubhub but its basically the same thing (i.e. legalised touting)

Awful game today. Receivers couldn't catch (about 7-8 dropped passes), defenders couldn't defend, another blocked kick, a 12 yard punt, a Deangelo Hall meltdown, hideous Steeler uniforms, rain etc. etc.

The only time the Steelers didn't score in the first half was when they got the ball with only about a minute left. Too much emphasis going into preventing the big play which means there is nothing to stop the short gains so all it means is that it takes the opposition just that bit longer to score, but they will score.

Apart from RGIII and to a lesser extent Morris at RB, this team has nothing going for it and its going to be a long season from here in.

Good result today but what the hell is going on with all the penalties? And the defence, although it only gave up 6 points is still very dodgy.

didnt see the game but isnt that the least we have conceded maybe thats down to the eagles more then us looking forward to wkend against our friends the cowgirls its on sky too i think:)

didnt see the game but isnt that the least we have conceded maybe thats down to the eagles more then us looking forward to wkend against our friends the cowgirls its on sky too i think:)

Don't forget the game is on Thursday (9:15) not the weekend (it's Thanksgiving).

On Sunday, the Eagles were awful, absolutely awful so the fact that the defence only gave up 6 points doesn't mean much. An Brandon Meriweather's who was the one bright spark for the D on Sunday is gone again now so I think it's going to be a long night on Thursday. The Cowboys will get short gains on 1st and 2nd down and then it'll be Romo to Witten on 3rd and long over and over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

have a bad feeling about thursday alright.

subway wrote: »
    have a bad feeling about thursday alright.

Well, how wrong were we? I really enjoyed the game although typical Redskins turing a 25 point lead into a nail biter

not been on for a while great to see the skins on a great run playing great stuff at the moment even when rg3 has been out cousins has done a fantastic job long may it continue next stop nfc east HTTR:D

Ah man that was some game last night fair play to the skins they were awesome first team since 96 to get to playoffs from a 3 and 9 start first Nfc east title since 99 morris beats skins rushing yards for a rookie no 1 rushing team in the league from 25th last year rg3 morris garcon Fletcher and hall are all beasts get in will be tough but roll on the Seahawks at fed ex httr

• Advertisement

Ah man that was some game last night fair play to the skins they were awesome first team since 96 to get to playoffs from a 3 and 9 start first Nfc east title since 99 morris beats skins rushing yards for a rookie no 1 rushing team in the league from 25th last year rg3 morris garcon Fletcher and hall are all beasts get in will be tough but roll on the Seahawks at fed ex httr

Haven't watched the game yet (well past my bedtime!) but have enjoyed listening to ESPN980 today. Plenty of good (if a little biased) analysis and interviews with the players. I like most people never saw the Redskins making the playoffs either at the start of the season or at 3-6 so it definitely has been a nice surprise. And to cap it off, my RGIII bobble head doll which I ordered weeks ago and hoped to have for Christmas finally arrived today!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

Skins fan since 1985 with fond memories of channel 4 games with Doug Williams, Mark Rypien, Daryll Green, Art Monk, marching us to superbowl victories, just when I thought they dont make QBs like Joe Theismann anymore along comes RG3 ..............a sensation, however the humble Alfred Morris is a joy to behold...................... a workhorse, however I found we were not ruthless enough last night against the Cowboys, and with a mean defence like Seattle to play this Sunday we may find RG3 taking a couple of licks early, hes clearly not hundred percent but at least we have Cousins as an able back up now and not that bafoon Grossman

If I be honest I think we will squeak past the Seahawks but may falter after that, but any given sunday, nice to know there is a couple of other skins fans around....................anyone else can best since 1985 or is the bandwagon in full effect ???????

Im shocked the redskins thread is so miserly to be honest ive only been following the nfl for last couple of years ive always liked the redskins though since my school days in the late 80s i always thought they were one of the biggest and historic franchises in the nfl so where is everybody i mean all the other team threads are busy enough are we not liked is there something i dont know about especially after the season just gone with the exciting running game we had and with the emergance of rg3 i just thought we might have attracted a few new fans???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Nobody likes the Redskins :p

Seriously though how do you see you guys getting on this year?

Nobody likes the Redskins :p

Wow eli manning on the skins forum lol. To be honest im not that up to date with draft picks and all that but id hope to at least get to the playoffs again if rg3 stays fit for the full season our running game is very good maybe a wr or 2 could be added our defense improved greatly too when we went on our little win streak i thought if rg3 was fit we would have beaten the seahawkes and god knows what could have happened after that going by the final the 49ers and ravens were both beatable on the night anyway how you think the giants will do you boys gonna finish below us again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Im shocked the redskins thread is so miserly to be honest ive only been following the nfl for last couple of years ive always liked the redskins though since my school days in the late 80s i always thought they were one of the biggest and historic franchises in the nfl so where is everybody i mean all the other team threads are busy enough are we not liked is there something i dont know about especially after the season just gone with the exciting running game we had and with the emergance of rg3 i just thought we might have attracted a few new fans???

In fairness, you haven't posted here in 3 months. Maybe start there and others will follow.

There's only 3 or 4 regular posters on the Colts thread, but it's enough to keep it ticking over.

Also, the skins suck :P

davyjose wrote: »
    In fairness, you haven't posted here in 3 months. Maybe start there and others will follow.

There's only 3 or 4 regular posters on the Colts thread, but it's enough to keep it ticking over.

Also, the skins suck :P

I'm a Redskins fan and posted a small bit here during the season but it wasn't seeing much action. I think you're right though (not about them sucking), if we post a bit more maybe other Redskins fans will join in.

So what do you reckon, will RGIII start week 1?

They'll probably struggle a bit I think. That cap hit is really taking its toll as can be seen by who they've brought in and the fact that they couldn't re-sign the One Man Gang. Plus there's the second year slump threat for Alfred Morris and the health status of Mr. Griffin so while I don't see them going 5-11 like 2011 again, I doubt they'll go 10-6 and win the division.

They'll probably struggle a bit I think. That cap hit is really taking its toll as can be seen by who they've brought in and the fact that they couldn't re-sign the One Man Gang. Plus there's the second year slump threat for Alfred Morris and the health status of Mr. Griffin so while I don't see them going 5-11 like 2011 again, I doubt they'll go 10-6 and win the division.

Coarse they will jack oh another thing i wanna get a skins jersey for the new season is there anyone in ireland that sells em

• Advertisement

Coarse they will jack oh another thing i wanna get a skins jersey for the new season is there anyone in ireland that sells em
    Your best bets are either fansedge or footballfanatics. Both American websites but have decent postage rates

Advertisement