Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Israeli - Palestinian Conflict *Threadbans in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Israel need to be charged with war crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,153 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I guess that's the Israeli tourism industry gone to the wall for this year.

Lolz is that you Francis Black

Lolz is that you Yossi??! Hard at it tonight I'd say. 10 kids dead, like.

Israel need to be charged with war crimes.

The UN have brought charges against them every single year since its creation by the British.

Every single year. Big bro America uses its veto for them so it's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Housefree

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Marco23d

jmreire wrote: »
    Do you mean the millions of Jews who were rounded up and corralled in ghettos, where they were starved and ill treated? Then when they were ready the Nazis marched them under armed guards to the train stations where they were loaded into cattle wagons and taken to the nearest death camp? What exactky did you expect them to do??? But in as much as they were able, they did rebel. Between1941 and 1943, underground resistance movements developed in approximately 100 ghettos in Nazi-occupied eastern Europe (about one-fourth of all ghettos), especially in Poland, Lithuania, Belorussia, and the Ukraine. In the 2nd world war, hundreds of thousands of POW's from all sides were marched into captivity.....now these were trained fighters, and heavily out numbered their captors, and yet they didn't try to overcome their guards, and make break for it?? So what would you expect starved and weakened civilians to do? A small Nr if armed men can control a large nr if unarmed people, especially civilians.

I see you cut out the part of my post where I actually explain their cowardice, most of the time it only took 3 or 4 armed guards to march thousands of jews to their deaths because the nazis knew not one of them would have the guts to sacrifice themselves.

There was hardly any resistance to it at all, There were armed uprisings in some ghettos and in several camps, including Treblinka, Sobibor and Auschwitz but barely any resistance really compared to the scale of things.

The only real resistance was the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, in which the ghetto fighters held off the surrounding German troops for almost a month, they only decided to fight back when their numbers dwindled from a few hundred thousand to a few thousand so the saying that they couldn't do anything is a joke they could have fought back if they had the courage which they didn't for the most part.

Look at the funeral in Northern Ireland where loyalist Michael Stone attacked an IRA funeral a few dozen people chased him down while being shot at with multiple automatic pistols, revolvers and were getting grenades thrown at them they managed to get him and get a few punches in on him before an army patrol came out of nowhere to save him just as he got grabbed, 3 people died while chasing him.

It only took 3 or 4 guards to march thousands of Jews to their deaths most of the time and 99.9% of the time not one of them would try take the guards down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Israel are a warped nation, the jews were among the most persecuted people in history and instead of learning compassion from what they endured they turned into monster themselves, hell bent on destroying the Palestinians.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Marco23d wrote: »
    I see you cut out the part of my post where I actually explain their cowardice, most of the time it only took 3 or 4 armed guards to march thousands of jews to their deaths because the nazis knew not one of them would have the guts to sacrifice themselves.

There was hardly any resistance to it at all, There were armed uprisings in some ghettos and in several camps, including Treblinka, Sobibor and Auschwitz but barely any resistance really compared to the scale of things.

The only real resistance was the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, in which the ghetto fighters held off the surrounding German troops for almost a month, they only decided to fight back when their numbers dwindled from a few hundred thousand to a few thousand so the saying that they couldn't do anything is a joke they could have fought back if they had the courage which they didn't for the most part.

Look at the funeral in Northern Ireland where loyalist Michael Stone attacked an IRA funeral a large crowd of people chased him down while being shot at and were getting grenades thrown at them they managed to get him and get a few punches in on him before an army patrol came out of nowhere to save him just as he got grabbed.

It only took 3 or 4 guards to march thousands of Jews to their deaths most of the time and 99.9% of the time not one of them would try take the guards down.

These 3 or 4 gaurds must have some real tough characters.

Look at the funeral in Northern Ireland where loyalist Michael Stone attacked an IRA funeral a large crowd of people chased him down while being shot at and were getting grenades thrown at them they managed to get him and get a few punches in on him before an army patrol came out of nowhere to save him just as he got grabbed.

And again you call these death camp inmates cowards. You have no idea what you are talking about. You have no understanding of the circumstances these people were in.
    But you, Marco of boards dot i e. of course, would be the super hero in that place.
    Educate yourself. And then be rightfully embarrassed of your ignorance.

LOL!
    Ad Hominem.
    Do you really understand what using that cliche says about you?
    As Hominem.
    Good man.

Not a cliche. You might need a dictionary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

You on about civilians v nazis there?

It seems he's trying to portray an attitude of "it'll be alright on the night" as cowardice. Of course, it's a memory of that attitude that feeds Israel's attitude today, or as one Holocaust survivor put it, the lesson he learned was: "When someone says he intends to kill you, believe him."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Imagine if for one second (it won’t happen) the US elected a president who even for a second was staunchly impartial in voicing concerns, acting on them as regards the Middle East Israeli/Palestine conflict.

The closest was Obama... his own side even attempted to shout him down over it. He is on record as

The Israelis have massive sway in and with the US... it’s weird...but hey..

The Italians and the Irish whatever, Israel are quite the quiet puppet master, politically.

Stovepipe wrote: »
    Wow. You really have got it bad.

Anti-semites generally do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Marco23d

And again you call these death camp inmates cowards. You have no idea what you are talking about. You have no understanding of the circumstances these people were in.
    But you, Marco of boards dot i e. of course, would be the super hero in that place.
    Educate yourself. And then be rightfully embarrassed of your ignorance.

You may not like to refer to it as cowardice but how else can you explain thousands of Jews and their children being marched to their death by 2 or 3 guards and 99.9% of the time not one of the men tried to do anything.

You said before "well what could they do they were unarmed" I just showed you an example of a couple dozen unarmed people in our own country chasing a man armed with automatic pistols and grenades and taking him down.

Thousands of Jews against a couple of armed guards they could have easily overpowered the guards in no time if they had the courage.

Banned

storker wrote: »
    Anti-semites generally do.

I didn’t note anything anti semitic in the content of what they posted.

Unfortunately that is often the first trick in the playbook of some of the Israel political quangos ... ( “you disagree with us or with something we did, you are anti-semitic” ). Been this way for years...

Strumms wrote: »
    I didn’t note anything anti semitic in the content of what they posted.

I'm sure you didn't. :rolleyes:
    the israelis/jews are cowards
    the cowardice of the jewish people
    we have resorted back to 66AD to try and find some evidence that the Jews aren't a pack of cowards

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yeah, you did call them cowards. To insult the men and women and children who went through the physical and psychological hell of the death camps is utterly shameful. You absolute clown. Go to bed and **** yourself to sleep.
    Yeah, the israelis/jews are cowards they can only fight now with all their power to crush a powerless people.

Anyone who denies the cowardice of the israelis should ask themselves why it only took 3 or 4 guards to march thousands of jews to their deaths because the nazis knew that not one of them would have the guts to sacrifice themselves.

I know it's harsh to say but it's the truth, it's part of the reason they have become such aggressive bullies to try and wash away the fact that deep down they are the most cowardly people in all of human history.

Thread banned, Keep it on topic please, less of the antisemitism or more bans and cards will be handed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

You may not like to refer to it as cowardice but how else can you explain thousands of Jews and their children being marched to their death by 2 or 3 guards and 99.9% of the time not one of the men tried to do anything.

You said before "well what could they do they were unarmed" I just showed you an example of a couple dozen unarmed people in our own country chasing a man armed with automatic pistols and grenades and taking him down.

Thousands of Jews against a couple of armed guards they could have easily overpowered the guards in no time if they had the courage.

The same could be said about the 2.8 million Russian POWs killed by the Nazis, or the hundreds of thousands of Allied POWs in Japanese camps, being marched or worked to death. Also the millions of inmates of Gulags in the Soviet Union, many were transported for thousands of miles by a handful of troops.
    Fear of a smaller number of heavily armed soldiers isn’t a uniquely Jewish trait. Look at any period of history.

Describing Jewish people as being particularly cowardly because they didn’t attack their guards while being transported to concentration camps with their children is bigoted and wrong.

Were Armenians cowards for not attacking the Turks? Were Irish killed in the famine cowards for not attacking those with food?
    Or is it perhaps not quite as simple as that?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

In March this year, the Jerusalem Declaration of Antisemitism, by 200 scholars of Jewish, Israeli and Middle Eastern studies was published. It was so published as a counter to the IHRA definition which curbs free speech when it comes to Israel and Israeli Government policy.

The JDA is:

"Antisemitism is discrimination, prejudice, hostility or violence against Jews as Jews (or Jewish institutions as Jewish)."

No useful discussion of the Israeli / Palestine conflict can be conducted without agreement that that many elements of the "working examples" of the IHRA working defn are utter nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's different this time when Tel Aviv is attacked. The IDF will have no choice but to go in to Gaza. They have avoided full conflict there always. Maybe this will be it. Or not. We await developments.

There would be major consequences if that happened. I hate Israel(absolute scumbags and have been for many years) but they have been well told not to go in there by their biggest war mongering hand(USA).

It would start a war with neighbouring countries.

Also to note they do go in there and have many spies in the West Bank and always have had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Both as bad as each other. I’d love the UFO phenomenon to be real, actual aliens that hover over every pointless conflict on this pale blue dot and show us how insignificant we and our beliefs truly are

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

nocoverart wrote: »
    Both as bad as each other. I’d love the UFO phenomenon to be real, actual aliens that hover over every pointless conflict on this pale blue dot and show us how insignificant we and our beliefs truly are

Ah now just look at the figures of injuries and deaths way way more down to Israel's hand.

There would be major consequences if that happened. I hate Israel(absolute scumbags and have been for many years) but they have been well told not to go in there by their biggest war mongering hand(USA).

It would start a war with neighbouring countries.

Also to note they do go in there and have many spies in the West Bank and always have had.

They go in, the Middle East explodes...

Be interesting to see what the US does, do they choose entering and escalating what would be a conflict that could or would be heading towards WWIII or tell Israel ...” your mess, you fix it”

I think it all depends who is holding the whip... Republicans would be in like a shot, they have a huge Israeli backing...

The democrats would most likely try brokers deals / peace. How successful that would be hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Ah now just look at the figures of injuries and deaths way way more down to Israel's hand.

One life lost from either or, whoever is ‘right or wrong’ is pointless and probably insignificant in the grand scheme of things, i.e. the universe. Fooking ridiculous that never mind conflict is still a thing but conflict stemming from religion and who owns what piece of land is still a thing is nothing short of mind boggling. Both as bad as each other.

Strumms wrote: »
    They go in, the Middle East explodes...

Be interesting to see what the US does, do they choose entering and escalating what would be a conflict that could or would be heading towards WWIII or tell Israel ...” your mess, you fix it”

I think it all depends who is holding the whip... Republicans would be in like a shot, they have a huge Israeli backing...

The democrats would most likely try brokers deals / peace. How successful that would be hmmmm

It could be a deliberate provocation by the Israelis designed ultimately to provide cover for an attack on Iranian nuclear facilities.

As is, I can’t imagine any Arab states intervening. Syria, Lebanon, even Egypt are all in incredibly weak positions.
    Who is going to intervene to protect the Israelis? Western sanctions on Israel? I don’t think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Housefree

nocoverart wrote: »
    One life lost from either or, whoever is ‘right or wrong’ is pointless and probably insignificant in the grand scheme of things, i.e. the universe. Fooking ridiculous that never mind conflict is still a thing but conflict stemming from religion and who owns what piece of land is still a thing is nothing short of mind boggling. Both as bad as each other.

The Zionists would love it reduced down to as bad as each other but only one side is the coloniser & oppressor which uses institutional discrimination against the other side.

It's an Apartheid state. In South Africa did you think the two sides as bad as each other?

https://www.ipsc.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

bnt wrote: »
    From The Guardian:

So Hamas officials had their offices in a residential building? It's almost as if they don't care about civilian casualties.

The Guardian is staunchly pro-Palestine, but even they aren't pretending that Hamas didn't start the latest offensive.
    The Guardian is one of the most credible news sources and as such is a good thing to read regardless of whether you agree with its very open and transparent political stances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

bnt wrote: »
    From The Guardian:

So Hamas officials had their offices in a residential building? It's almost as if they don't care about civilian casualties.

The Guardian is staunchly pro-Palestine, but even they aren't pretending that Hamas didn't start the latest offensive.

It is illegal under international law, to fire on residential buildings. It's almost as if Israel don't care about international law.

grassylawn wrote: »
    The Guardian is one of the most credible news sources and as such is a good thing to read regardless of whether you agree with its very open and transparent political stances.

The analysis of Robert Fisk is sorely missed at times like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Israel are murdering children again like they have been for decades. Anyone who defends them is either an idiot or doesn't care about innocent kids being killed.

Advertisement