Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,758 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Tradesmen are a weird breed.

Anybody else, Saturday morning, they want to forget about work, their job, 9-5 and relax..

My Dad up till about 6/7 years ago was always to be found in his garage on Saturday morning , by trade originally a carpenter / cabinet maker... every tool, machine and half the wood of Sherwood Forest at his disposal... masked up, suited up, goggled up and noised up.... used to drive my mother bananas on a Saturday morning, the din coming from out the back at 10 am A great worker and tradesmen, he’d make something beyond the quality you see in a shop, or repair to as new something originally thought of as for the skip, he’s won awards for pieces he’s made but, timing... not always the best...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Why is it when ppl are advertising stuff for sale, mainly on marketplace, they put up a web picture of the item instead of what they actually have, generally it is hiding the crappy condition. Why not just show us the state of it so I dont have to waste my time with back & forward messages. TA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Strumms wrote: »
    Tradesmen are a weird breed.

Anybody else, Saturday morning, they want to forget about work, their job, 9-5 and relax..

My Dad up till about 6/7 years ago was always to be found in his garage on Saturday morning , by trade originally a carpenter / cabinet maker... every tool, machine and half the wood of Sherwood Forest at his disposal... masked up, suited up, goggled up and noised up.... used to drive my mother bananas on a Saturday morning, the din coming from out the back at 10 am A great worker and tradesmen, he’d make something beyond the quality you see in a shop, or repair to as new something originally thought of as for the skip, he’s won awards for pieces he’s made but, timing... not always the best...

Every Saturday morning I'm in the garage at half 7 radio on,compressor on, car on the lift and tools making noise. I love it. Neighbour has lawnmowers,tractors, diggers etc making noise at half 6 every morning

• Registered Users Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Every Saturday morning I'm in the garage at half 7 radio on,compressor on, car on the lift and tools making noise. I love it. Neighbour has lawnmowers,tractors, diggers etc making noise at half 6 every morning

e393bf7f-a956-46fa-9feb-19ca4b6978be_text.gif

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Cyclists on the road when there's a cycle path next to them.

The council are building a cycle path near where I live, all the way to the city. Work has so far been going surprisingly quickly. I was standing next to a section of it today for a few minutes, and eight cyclists went by; seven middle aged men and one woman. If I added that seven of them were on the road and one was on the cycle path, would you be able to guess who was where?

Most of the cyclists were doing their best to stay to the side of the road, but one asshole was in the middle of the lane, and another was right next to the center line. It was kind of irrelevant though, because the road is now so narrow, because the council has put in a cycle path! So now cyclists on the road are holding up traffic.

Now I know that the cyclists have their reasons for being on the road, and there's valid safety concerns on the cycle path too. Don't think because I'm only devoting one sentence to it, that I don't know in detail. I, and I imagine 95% of society don't care. It's not the Tour de ****ing France – get over on the cycle lane. If you think your cycle is important - nobody else does – stop being selfish and a danger to yourself and others and get off the road. If training is that important to you, find a way to do it that doesn't inconvenience so many people and cause a hazard to the public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

The famine memorial in Dublin's IFSC. Why didn't they eat the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

vriesmays wrote: »
    The famine memorial in Dublin's IFSC. Why didn't they eat the dog.

Watched a documentary on that...they did and some cases their own children, but that was fairly rare.

So me thinks the monument may not be historically accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Thinking I’m the next Mrs Hinch, I washed the gas hob burner caps in the dishwasher and now they are all tarnished.
    Googled looking for hacks for removing said tarnishing and the only thing that comes up is articles saying DON'T wash the gas burner caps in the dishwasher. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

On one of my usual routes for my walk in town earlier, I passed by a small river that runs parallel to a road in between two housing estates. Some cretin(s) dumped two used, possibly soiled, single mattresses in the river over night.

I detest litterers.

e393bf7f-a956-46fa-9feb-19ca4b6978be_text.gif

I'll be honest that went straight over my head

• Advertisement

It's kind of annoying me that I've got so used to autocorrect that without it my spelling has gone so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My sister giving out to me about being inside. I told her I had to work. I don't have a garden and there is nowhere at all to sit out around here. She lives in a big house with a huge garden in a town. Usually I might head to the park but it's awkward as you have to drive there and if you need to use the loo or anything it's annoying. She has no clue about city living, she lived in a small town all her life.
    God forbid her ladyship would slum it sitting on a street with cars passing and people looking at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

People who think it's acceptable to leave their rubbish beside an overflowing bin, as if placing it on the ground is any better than throwing it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

.anon. wrote: »
    People who think it's acceptable to leave their rubbish beside an overflowing bin, as if placing it on the ground is any better than throwing it there.

Heaven forbid they make the return journey with the containers they brought with them.

My TA, I drove 4 km from my house today and saw 3 bags of rubbish left at 3 separate locations on the side of the road. I've seen mattresses before on the same route.

I hope they all die roaring, absolute scumbag behaviour. :mad:

Bad cramps which hopefully will soon be a thing of the past once I am medically sorted.
    I started crying about an hour ago over something ridiculous. Crazy. Men don't have a clue some of them, though you get the odd few who sympathise alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,080 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Went back to work today after two weeks off with an injury.
    However, my TA is I got brand new work boots that squeak.
    I felt like Bobo the clown going around all day.

blade1 wrote: »
    Went back to work today after two weeks off with an injury.
    However, my TA is I got brand new work boots that squeak.
    I felt like Bobo the clown going around all day.

Sometimes if you sand them down a bit it stops the squeaking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,696 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Got a bag of oranges that are hellish to peel. Juice everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Archeron

There is a junction I use where I have to turn right on a filter light onto a dual carriageway from a major road that crosses above it. Lately, the light sequence seems to have changed meaning the number of cars getting through the filter is greatly reduced, leading to a tailback and the main road being partially blocked. As you sit there you can quite plainly see that the lights are causing the issue and should be letting more cars turn right.

So you sit through 5 changes of the lights, inching forward and yeay, you're top of the queue, next filter means you're off and running. Now that you know it's this light causing the problem, why, while you know you are next, do you decide that this is a perfect time to check WhatsApp?

Every single time the light goes green, the car at the head of the queue takes about ten seconds to move meaning an even bigger tailback for everybody else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,288 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

When you do an interview and they don't even bother contacting you to let you know if you got the job or not.

I emailed them today withdrawing my application

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I don't know why this annoys me because it doesn't affect me at all but I suppose it's the spirit of the thread. For as long as I've known my mother she's made a big hoo hah about dieting and weight loss, but doing it the cráppy way like instead of practicing moderation and eating well for the sake of health, she will just deprive herself and count calories and (my pet hate) "syns".

You know the kind that eats tonnes of aspartame filled diet yoghurts and rubbish "diet bars" but won't touch an avocado because it's "very fattening". But despite all the years talking about syns and points, she's still basically the same weight. It just goes up two pounds, down three, up four etc. And in three decades, I've yet to see her sacrifice the tea and toast at near midnight, just before bed. Every. Single. Night.

As my dad says, her weight is "seasonally adjusted".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Antares35 wrote: »
    I don't know why this annoys me because it doesn't affect me at all but I suppose it's the spirit of the thread. For as long as I've known my mother she's made a big hoo hah about dieting and weight loss, but doing it the cráppy way like instead of practicing moderation and eating well for the sake of health, she will just deprive herself and count calories and (my pet hate) "syns".

You know the kind that eats tonnes of aspartame filled diet yoghurts and rubbish "diet bars" but won't touch an avocado because it's "very fattening". But despite all the years talking about syns and points, she's still basically the same weight. It just goes up two pounds, down three, up four etc. And in three decay, I've yet to see her sacrifice the tea and toast at near midnight, just before bed. Every. Single. Night.

As my dad says, her weight is "seasonally adjusted".

I have several of these in my life. One genuinely gets through a pound of butter a week by herself but is convinced she'll drop three stone by subbing Candarel for sugar in her two coffees a day (both of which are accompanied by a muffin or pastry) for a few weeks every so often.

My sister buys low fat cheese that tastes of precisely nothing and melts like plastic and steadfastly refuses to believe that it makes more sense to just use a smaller amount of a really strong cheese to get that lovely cheesy hit she craves in a dish. 50g of parmesan will blow 150g of artificial crap out of the water any day but she literally can't unlearn the low-fat doctrine she got from years of Weight Watchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,405 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Gulping down Probiotic Ginger and Lung-Healthy Eucalyptus Green Tea, because there is no enjoyful sipping of it (it's pure gag).

WHY MUST EVERYTHING GOOD FOR YOU TASTE SO BLOODY RANK?! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

DLC.

I'm thinking of acquiring a game illegally because I'm sick of paying for DLC.

This particular game is the sixth in the series. I've bought every one of the series so far. It began as massive value for money - I bought the game and spent loads of hours playing it. The second installment was even better. We were initially promised multiplayer, but even though it was launched without, it was brilliant. I paid full price for the game on launch and the multiplayer was later included in a massive patch for the game.

With installment three things started to go wrong. With installment three they started selling expansion packs. I bought the game for full price at launch, but didn't bother with any of the expansion packs. I don't think I really missed out on much, but bug fixes for the 'vanilla' version got slower and slower.

With the fourth game it went even more wrong. I held off on buying the game for a while and let it come down in price, paying about two thirds of the full launch price. I should probably also mention the full launch price goes up with every installment. The fourth game was kinda flawed, and really it wasn't until the third expansion pack was released that it was 'fixed'. I bought a 'complete' version for half price when the fifth installment was close to being launched.

The story with the fifth game was similar, and as things stand with the sixth game there are 19 different DLCs and expansion packs. At the moment a full version of the game is $120. I get that the developers have to make money, and we're always told that development costs go up and up, but I really can't see this as anything but naked greed. Having been stuck inside for a year due to this pandemic and being sick of my current games and bored to tears with boxsets I'd be tempted to pay the $120, but I know that there's going to be further DLC released. If I'm paying that much money I want the full game ffs. I'm very tempted to download the full game and pay them $0 instead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,041 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    When you do an interview and they don't even bother contacting you to let you know if you got the job or not.

I emailed them today withdrawing my application

I interviewed with a global pharma giant in 2017. Did two phone interviews and then endured a 4.5 interview at their base in Southeast England. Get a call a week or so later telling me that they don't know if there'll be funding for the position as head office were apparently prevaricating.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

There is an ad on radio for River Medical...
    Some ****e about freezing fat off or some such.
    There is something about the way the woman pronounces
    The word “targeted” drives me spare. She softens the second T and drags it out,
    It’s kinda like “targetttted” but with soft Ts.

But not as bad as Rachel Allen’s “busher”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Probably has been mentioned already but calling the vaccinations 'jabs' is annoying me.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

'Comedian' Johhny Vegas.

How in the hell is that guy a millionaire and even more baffling, how the fu*k is he considered a comedian?!

I'm looking for a show to binge watch and thought I'd give Benidrom a shot as it's on Netflix. Dear God. His voice was making my skin crawl, it's like he needs to cough or he's gasping for his last breath. I felt suffocated just looking at him.
    I've also never heard anybody say oh I love Johnny Vegas, he's hilarious. Maybe the joke is that he's not actually funny at all but somehow makes a living out of it. Hilarious.

Suffice to say, I switched off Benidorm fairly lively.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Some gimp vaping on an e-scooter, taken up the road when there’s a, perfectly good, cycle lane right there.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement

Porklife wrote: »
    'Comedian' Johhny Vegas.

How in the hell is that guy a millionaire and even more baffling, how the fu*k is he considered a comedian?!

I'm looking for a show to binge watch and thought I'd give Benidrom a shot as it's on Netflix. Dear God. His voice was making my skin crawl, it's like he needs to cough or he's gasping for his last breath. I felt suffocated just looking at him.
    I've also never heard anybody say oh I love Johnny Vegas, he's hilarious. Maybe the joke is that he's not actually funny at all but somehow makes a living out of it. Hilarious.

Suffice to say, I switched off Benidorm fairly lively.

I saw him in Kilkenny, at the Cat Laughs.

He was ranting and raving making no sense, definitely off his head. Then he stripped off most of his clothes and went out to the beer garden dancing on top of one of the tables. Completely bizarre and sad. I never liked him. Fcking terrible display of 'comedy'.

My TA: feeling sad and nobody to cheer me up.

Advertisement