Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Laser eye surgery with optilase

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭NicoleM0001

I have my referral available for Optilase 100e off

Pop me a message here💖

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sailing___

Does anyone have any experience with getter laser/ prk/ lasik and the dublin fire service medical eye check?? ive heard people who have gotten laser on their eyes have then failed the DFB medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sailing___

hey I see the €500 off advertised everywhere but when i queried if the price i was given included it i was told it didn't. (ill leave it below) Has anyone ever needed post operative appointments after the year or enhancements into the future? I was quoted €3995 but could take the extra €500 off

"Unfortunately, our promotional €500 offer does not stand any longer.

How the €500 discount work is if you would like to receive the €500 discount you will only be covered for your 1-year post-operative appointments. 

If you would need any enhancements in the future, it will not cover you for lifetime. 

Paying the €500 will make you eligible for lifetime care guarantee."

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sineadg91

Hey all,

I got LASIK done just over two weeks ago and had a great experience. I got a referral off someone on this page which gave me €100 off the price which was unreal! I can refer people now too so if anyone wants any information or me to refer them just send me a message!

Sinéad

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SPMoore

I would like a referral for the 100 Euro discount please. ASAP as I have a consult today. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭alicenyhan

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cazzih

Hello! Got my consultation with Optilase in two weeks (after they changed my time without confirming it with me) and wonder if anyone has a referral :)

My eyes are same, -1.75 and -2.0 - how much did you pay in the end? With/without insurance etc :)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12 optimist90

Hi,

Booked in with optilase for lasik in September, does anyone have a referral code? TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 FluidProfessor

Pm sent

Just wondering about people's experiences of Lasik, I'm having my surgery on a Saturday, what's the likelihood of me returning to work on the Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tio07

It really depends on your job role / duties in my case I was actually fit to go back after 48 hrs but wasn’t sure in the lead up to the procedure so had pre booked 4 days off just to be safe. I recovered really fast and was very happy with the whole process and found the aftercare brilliant too. It’s been 8 months now and it’s been absolutely life changing for me.

Thanks for that! Glad to hear you're happy with your results, can't wait to have mine done now, but still a little nervous!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tio07

I was the same in the lead up to mine but it really is so hard to believe that a 10 min procedure can give you perfect vision, I suffered with glasses and contacts for over 20 years as I have a stigmatisim glass or lens never dealt with it properly and I had a lot of headaches and light sensitivity, but even that hasn’t been an issue since my procedure. Did you get a referral code you were looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭InPsyDer

Hi all, if anyone happens to see this in the next short while I'd love a PM with referral code please! Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Leinsterfan18

Have a consultation Monday, if anyone has a referral code, please share.

Secondly I was quoted €4195 over the phone, what are people actually paying?

I'm -2 in each eye.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭SmallgirlBigcity

Hi all, I'm due to have PRK surgery with Optilase in 2 weeks. They told me that this type of surgery can be more painful with a longer recovery time. I have a morning appointment so assume I'll just need to lie in a dark room for the rest of the day. To pass the time, I was thinking I'd download some podcasts in advance to listen to. Any other suggestions of how to pass the time, as I won't be able to watch tv or read? Also, I'm very interested in anyone else's experience of the PRK surgery. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭borus22222

My wife just got quoted the same. We are with Laya so was wondering how much others paid in similar scenario. It's -2.25 both eyes.

I would also appreciate a referral code.

Thanks

B

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭alicenyhan

• Registered Users Posts: 5 HardcoR

Had my consultation for IOL procedure and got quoted already. Can I still use referral code for discount? (btw, 6995 for both eyes)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭yuridwyer

Had Lasik done last week by Optilase in Cork, 4195 minus the 500 euro, so 3700, tax relief at 20% means total cost will be slightly less than 3k for both eyes. Left eye was -2.75, right eye -0.75, he decided not to make left eye 'perfect' so that it would help a bit with reading and might mean it'll be a little longer before I need reading glasses, as laser has no impact on near vision, and everyone will need reading glasses eventually. Delighted with how it went, next morning no pain and apart from slight halo/glare with lights it seems perfect.

If anyone wants any advice or wants to use me as a referral for 100e off each PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 izaloc

Hi, sent a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Got a consultation tomorrow with Optilase. Was also quoted €4125 on the phone. 15% discount with VHI would bring it down to €3500. 20% tax relief would bring it down to €2682 if i'm not mistaken.

My current eye prescription is

R: -1.75, -1.75, 5.0

L: -0.75, -2.0, 170.0

Anyone know what type of procedure I should be eligible for based off my prescription? And for anyone with a similar prescription, how much were you quoted in your initial consultation?

I'd also very much appreciate a referral code. Feel free to send me a PM

• Advertisement

Advertisement