Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs of psychopathy, sneakiness and general evil traits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I was walking down the main street today and some bloke approached me, hand in his tracksuit pants, and suddenly he started, not even shouting, bawling

He fixed on me and he said "Dhmnnnghhhh Hammngger?"

I briefly looked behind me.
    I said: "What?"

He went on, making a noise as if sucking on a golf-ball, he repeated: Dhmnnnghhhh Hammngger"

(This time I deduced "THERE'S HAMMER")

I said:

"I am not "Hammer" what are you talking about?"

Then he started acting somewhat violent. Perhaps I was too emphatic that I am not "Hammer" (but I'm not), I don't see why I shouldn't insist.

Anyway, his girlfriend held him back, she was all "He's no' worf it" (she was english, but I didn't say anything), and he sort of, backed off, then. By now he understood that I was not his "Hammer" acquaintance, but he still left me with an Anglo-Saxon goodbye and a threat, describing what he might do next time! Nenagh is gone very dangerous.

I walked back to my car and thought of this thread. I don't believe in malicious people at all, but maybe the Lord is testing me. I wonder if some people are just inherently angry, or did I just catch him on a bad day.

Are you sure you aren’t Hammer?

You do protest a lot here..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Mango Joe wrote: »
    What tell-tale signs do you look for as signs of psychopathy, sneakiness and general festering evil type traits in people?

They hang around with dishonest shady and crazy people. have friends who have a criminal past or have one themselves.

They are always in strange situations ..like they have a car accident once a year.
    They are always ducking and diving trouble.

They lead erratic lifestyles.

Addictions.

Past behaviors.

They cheat in ordinary life. Or have a history of such.

They just seem to not care about social niceties etc. As in they are selfish visibly.

Basically people who are dishonest live a dishonest lifestyle.

They seem sharp like a fox but not intellectual.

The type of person you would say ..hmm they are cunning rather than intelligent. You get me?

You get the feeling they could out smart you but they are not smarter than you.

If you feel someone is highly intellectual intelligent but couldn't out smart you ....they usually don't have much cunning and are honest.

There are people in this world for whom you get the feeling that you know they are not that intellectual and not that intelligent for whom intellectual pursuits would be boring ...but you know they are still sharper than you and could run rings around you.

That is a sneaky deceptive person.

Someone you just look at and go ..BENT.

had a boss in a large MNC, classic signs, ruthless, no empthy, took great pleasure watching people squirm, dreaded the weekly meeting with her, she would go round the table and keep chipping away until you broke ! remember go into a colleague after one of the meetings, she was in a back room crying. what a ****, shes done very well for herself last i heard, i bailed out.
    But was she honest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Jequ0n wrote: »
    Are you sure you aren’t Hammer?

You do protest a lot here..

Cant touch this.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭roofer1988

bb1234567 wrote: »
    People who can't take even a minor joke thrown at them. Any piss taken out of them met with indignance, defensiveness or outright anger, no matter how harmless the joke. Very odd and really rubs me the wrong way, sure sign of awful narcissism.

Usually these people say awful things about people but like you say cant take it

• Advertisement

They seem sharp like a fox but not intellectual.

The type of person you would say ..hmm they are cunning rather than intelligent. You get me?

You get the feeling they could out smart you but they are not smarter than you.

If you feel someone is highly intellectual intelligent but couldn't out smart you ....they usually don't have much cunning and are honest.

There are people in this world for whom you get the feeling that you know they are not that intellectual and not that intelligent for whom intellectual pursuits would be boring ...but you know they are still sharper than you and could run rings around you.

That is a sneaky deceptive person.

Someone you just look at and go ..BENT.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

OscarMIlde wrote: »
    Taking the minus offer in the Chase for me. And every time I've seen it done it's been a (thick as mince) woman.

It's often the optimal decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

People who make everything about themselves. Almost as though they have no empathy for how anybody else experiences the world.

Or protecting their folly onto you. Saying things like "Are you jealous?", or intentionally trying to make you jealous with petty things that would make them envious.

They blame others for all their problems, even things they are entirely responsible for. They disown and abandon anyone who shows the first signs of weakness or vulnerability. Anything that makes us human is vile to them and the shallow, superficial and tacky is irresistible.

Those sorts of people are dangerous. Best kept at arms length, and told as little about your personal victories as possible lest they intentionally set out to subvert you.

They are dangerous and they are everywhere.

Ironically I have actually noticed that the trend to diagnose everyone and everything as a narcissist, psychopath etc often correlates with people who are loathe to take responsibility for their own actions and decisions.

It's easier to blame someone than to rethink your own part in a situation.
    Oh you shouldn't have trusted those strangers at the door who said they'd fix your roof for a tenner? Can't have been your fault, they must be psychopaths.

Someone in work criticises you and you're bawling uncontrollably? Clearly they are a raging narcissist and you cannot possibly have a problem with controlling your emotions.

Self-fulfilling prophecy for a lot of people

• Registered Users Posts: 21,091 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

What tell-tale signs do you look for as signs of psychopathy, sneakiness and general festering evil type traits in people?

Personally if you have turned off read receipts in WhatsApp then I won't ever trust you and I do not like the way you're living your life.......

I don't know why anyone would have read receipts turned on for WhatsApp. Turning them off also disables other people from seeing if you're online or not, or what time you were last online. That's way too much information for me to be giving up.

When you start getting calls at 6:15am from your boss because they "saw you were online", you'll turn it off fairly quick.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Winter Potatoe

Sheeps wrote: »
    Voting for Fine Gael is a giant red flag.
    Anyone who points out who not to vote for without being willing to say who it is that they do approve of... that is a red flag to me! Not saying it makes you a psychopath though. It's just your comment would probably have gotten the same amount of likes if you had named any other political party.

PARlance wrote: »

When you start getting calls at 6:15am from your boss because they "saw you were online", you'll turn it off fairly quick.

Then WhatsApp isn’t your problem but your inability to establish boundaries

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

fvp4 wrote: »
    Dunno if it’s been done, although it’s a generalisation, and it must be, most crypto fans offline and offline give a huge whiff of selfishness and I’d say there’s a tendency to sociopathy.

Bitcoin analysis (stolen from Twitter)

"Imagine a child's concept of an evil businessman. He plugs in his pollution machine to make money. It doesn't do anything for anybody, just pollutes and then he gets money for it."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭mohawk

Ironically I have actually noticed that the trend to diagnose everyone and everything as a narcissist, psychopath etc often correlates with people who are loathe to take responsibility for their own actions and decisions.

It's easier to blame someone than to rethink your own part in a situation.
    Oh you shouldn't have trusted those strangers at the door who said they'd fix your roof for a tenner? Can't have been your fault, they must be psychopaths.

Someone in work criticises you and you're bawling uncontrollably? Clearly they are a raging narcissist and you cannot possibly have a problem with controlling your emotions.

Self-fulfilling prophecy for a lot of people

I don’t know I think you’re being a tad harsh. If a person had one bad boss in their life and their coworkers had similar problems with the boss then it’s probably the boss at fault.
    Now if a person has all terrible bosses making them cry then yes that’s on that person.
    I would be very weary of people who are living a life of constant drama and according to them it’s everyone’s fault but theirs.

Now onto a previous boss I had who I thought there was something seriously off about them. When they smiled at you their eyes were blank. A genuine smile can be seen in the eyes. It took me ages to figure out what it was about this boss that bothered me. One night I was out drinking with colleagues and one of them mentioned how it freaked them out and then it clicked with me that the same thing was bothering me. Definitely an evil trait.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,765 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Jequ0n wrote:

True, but I'd class turning off WhatsApp as a boundary

Bitcoin analysis (stolen from Twitter)

"Imagine a child's concept of an evil businessman. He plugs in his pollution machine to make money. It doesn't do anything for anybody, just pollutes and then he gets money for it."

There’s a lot of ordinary Joe’s hoping they are going to get rich off internet magic beans. It’s the top of the ponzi where an unprecedented amount of sociopaths, criminals, and scumbags have gathered.

McAfee, Justin Sun, those Tether scam guys, the Winklevii twins etc. Unlike traditional shadow finance, you actually get to see what is happening in real time, and get to see what they are doing via their tweets. Fascinating stuff tbh.

mohawk wrote: »
    I don’t know I think you’re being a tad harsh. If a person had one bad boss in their life and their coworkers had similar problems with the boss then it’s probably the boss at fault.
    Now if a person has all terrible bosses making them cry then yes that’s on that person.
    I would be very weary of people who are living a life of constant drama and according to them it’s everyone’s fault but theirs.

Now onto a previous boss I had who I thought there was something seriously off about them. When they smiled at you their eyes were blank. A genuine smile can be seen in the eyes. It took me ages to figure out what it was about this boss that bothered me. One night I was out drinking with colleagues and one of them mentioned how it freaked them out and then it clicked with me that the same thing was bothering me. Definitely an evil trait.

Yes I meant the eternal victims who can’t face admitting to themselves that they are naive idiots.
    You’ll find a lot of diagnoses uttered by this breed because it’s easier I blame your misfortune on an enemy figure than reflecting on your own actions

Yes I meant the eternal victims who can’t face admitting to themselves that they are naive idiots.
    You’ll find a lot of diagnoses uttered by this breed because it’s easier I blame your misfortune on an enemy figure than reflecting on your own actions

would you class anxiety as experienced by many in society, including the elderly, as naivety?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    would you class anxiety as experienced by many in society, including the elderly, as naivety?

No. Maybe the contrary.
    It’s more the “blind faith” that let’s you walk into a trap.
    The conviction that you know others well enough to trust them, just to be absolutely shattered when you realise that you had been wrong.
    How often does a total conviction get replaced by another absolute?

“My husband would never do anything like that” suddenly turns into “he is a narcissist, how else could he do this to me?” Etc etc etc

Easier to have been duped by a “monster” than admit that you didn’t notice or chose to ignore the warning signs

No. Maybe the contrary.
    It’s more the “blind faith” that let’s you walk into a trap.
    The conviction that you know others well enough to trust them, just to be absolutely shattered when you realise that you had been wrong.
    How often does a total conviction get replaced by another absolute?

“My husband would never do anything like that” suddenly turns into “he is a narcissist, how else could he do this to me?” Etc etc etc

Easier to have been duped by a “monster” than admit that you didn’t notice or chose to ignore the warning signs

not all humans have this type of awareness, things also change, people to can change, from being honest and warm, to the complete opposite. the human mind is wired in a particular way that is governed by emotions, emotions are a part of the irrational mind, where logic is in short supply

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    not all humans have this type of awareness, things also change, people to can change, from being honest and warm, to the complete opposite. the human mind is wired in a particular way that is governed by emotions, emotions are a part of the irrational mind, where logic is in short supply

MMhh maybe some people lack the awareness, fair point. But I reckon it’s not that high a number. Not compared to the high number of people who expect everyone else to adhere to their own morals and who are then surprised to find out that some are different.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,091 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I don't go establishing boundaries with people before they are required... That would be quite odd, time consuming and needless in most cases.

As it was the first out of hours call and the fact that I'm not a morning person, the boundary was established very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the irish are sneaky in the main aren't we?...dating back to our past when we had to plot & scheme behind our colonial masters, its in our DNA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,825 ✭✭✭pgj2015

fryup wrote: »
    the irish are sneaky in the main aren't we?...dating back to our past when we had to plot & scheme behind our colonial masters, its in our DNA

I agree, just look at the way Irish people booked dentist appointments in Tenerife to get out of Ireland during the lockdown, then never turned up once they got there.

:confused:
    What type of intelligence does Trump have?

I mean its obvious he is ....a type of intelligence ...but do you think he is a stable genius? Or is he cunning?

Do you think he could outwit you? He could outwit me. But i think i would beat him at university challenge.

People invest in different qualities in themselves. You have to get good at lying. You have to get good at cheating the tax man. I wouldn't have a CLUE how to do that. I am NOT a good liar. I suck at lying. I'm no saint.

I am not dumb ...but i haven't spent time over the years investing in that part of my personality.

The character below be able to outwit you? Do you rate him smarter than you or smarter than ...mathematicians etc ...but do you think he could outwit them? Why? Because he is a STUDIED sneak. He is intelligent. But all this intelligence has been directed towards one thing. That is not usual with intelligent people. Most smart people ...are intellectual ...but not cunning. Not because they are saints but because they put their time into that ...instead of being cunning. They didnt learn how to cheat at the test ..they studied for the test.

arth-4-390x285.jpg

Charm over substance ..cunning over intellect. And lack of warmth.

Smart people who lack curiosity ...very suspicious.

The character below be able to outwit you? Do you rate him smarter than you or smarter than ...mathematicians etc ...but do you think he could outwit them? Why? Because he is a STUDIED sneak.

I have no idea who this person is but a picture of a random old man will always a winning argument

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Winter Potatoe

What type of intelligence does Trump have?

I mean its obvious he is ....a type of intelligence ...but do you think he is a stable genius? Or is he cunning?

Do you think he could outwit you? He could outwit me. But i think i would beat him at university challenge.

People invest in different qualities in themselves. You have to get good at lying. You have to get good at cheating the tax man. I wouldn't have a CLUE how to do that. I am NOT a good liar. I suck at lying. I'm no saint.
    Truly intelligent people don't need to be cunning. They don't need to freeload off others.

Consider the way humans lived over 10,000 years ago. People lived in groups of less than 100 and no one had to deal with anyone who's reputation they weren't familiar with. Trump would not have lasted.

Trump has a reasonable amount of wit... it's mainly comments like "your ratings are terrible". His best moment was probably the Rosy O'Donnell comment. But he doesn't have the same level of wit that Obama had, as you'll see towards the end of this video:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Personally if you have turned off read receipts in WhatsApp then I won't ever trust you and I do not like the way you're living your life.......

From experience; if a person talks about how sound, kind, friendly, trustworthy etc they are, that to me is a sign that they are none of the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 keVo.

Smart people who lack curiosity ...very suspicious.

I'm considered exceptionally smart but temper my curiosity because of the time wasting aspect to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

A horrific story below about an heir to the Jameson Whisky fortune who having been born into great wealth paid his way onto expeditions into Africa seeking fun and excitement.

He ended up assisting in the Belgian annexation of the Congo during a time where some of the absolute worst and utterly disturbing and disgusting accounts of human depravity towards its own kind have been recorded - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atrocities_in_the_Congo_Free_State

Anyway while living in this environment and being aware that it was known for cannibalism and no doubt truly aghast that he might have to leave the Country before seeing any occurring first hand - Jameson gave a Slave Trader a payment of six handkerchiefs to watch a ten year old girl be murdered and cannibalised in front of him. He prepared in advance with sketching materials, recording this whimsical child murder he'd just planned, organised and paid for and then later finished it carefully in watercolours lest he ever lose the precious memories from his mind.

Later he tried to explain the whole thing away as a misunderstanding when the shameful event became generally known and was disapproved of....

https://allthatsinteresting.com/james-jameson-cannibal

Advertisement