Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Green Day new album.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cazzylonglegs

I hope they play Maceys Day Parade - fav song by them EVER!! Abso love their new album - 21 Guns Vid was really well made!

I love you Billy Joe :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

What's the craic xIsabelx, you following them around on tour or somesuch?

Add Dry Ice to that and it would pretty much be my ideal setlist. Apart from Dominated Love Slave. At the gig the played in the Ambassador in 2004, they played a few songs from 1039 and Kerplunk and they didn't go down too well with the crowd. A load of people took the opportunity to go get a drink (of water. Damn kids who didn't know the old songs!) But I was well thrilled to hear Only of You and the like. Figured after that kind of thing they wouldn't be likely to play old stuff again. So this is fantastic news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

Not exactly...I'm just a bit of a die hard fan :o

Yeah, I heard they played Only Of You an Christie Road at the Ambassador gig. I missed out on that one, my Mum wouldn't let me go on my own :mad:

I'd do anything to hear them play either Lights Out, Tight Wad Hill or I Was There :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

xIsabelx wrote: »

Yeah, I heard they played Only Of You an Christie Road at the Ambassador gig. I missed out on that one, my Mum wouldn't let me go on my own :mad:

I'd do anything to hear them play either Lights Out, Tight Wad Hill or I Was There :)

I think I was speaking to you on lastfm... :o

*waves* :pac:

Dord wrote: »
    I think I was speaking to you on lastfm... :o

*waves* :pac:

Really?? Are you the guy who went to see the Mad Caddies?? haha

Hello! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Yeah, thats me. It was a great gig. Actually someone put up some pictures in that other ska thread below.

I saw them! It looked like a great show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ModFox

xIsabelx wrote: »

A BIT of a die hard fan, eh?? :P Jackie here ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

ciano1 wrote: »
    Ah Yes...Everyones favourite 'Bay' :D

Michael? :confused:

:P

ModFox wrote: »
    A BIT of a die hard fan, eh?? :P Jackie here ;)

LAWL

Hello! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

www.greendayauthority.com posted the setlist from each night in their news section each day of the US tour, if you're interested.
    I've never known a band to change the setlist so much!

Can't wait for the gig now - its the day before my 18th :D:D:D. Really really really really want em to play Going to Pasalacqua!!!!!!!!

They were heavily criticised for not varying the setlist on their previous tours. Maybe that's why it's more diverse this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

1 euro for an album your joking me!

The artists deserve something for their work, so if you support your favourite band yuo'd be willing to pay full price for their album. I am getting the CD for 4-5 euro cheaper than usual also with the handiness of being able to just download it. And I should be paying for the music not the effing packaging!

Also just say I buy a song for 50c and I listen to it 3 times thats only like 4c per minute of enjoyment. Deal!

Btw just wondering where on earth do you buy albums for less than a euro?

Even if I liked Green Day I would feel absolutely no need to support them in any way. It's not like they are a small artis who need money for recording time etc., they are multi millionaires who have an excess of money. To think that you should support them is idiotic, after all since when was punk music about the money?

They wont get one cent from me. They don't need the money in any way. We all need the money in this economy, not them.

Dookie is awesome, the first album I ever bought in fact, but they have gone arseways since then and IMO have pulled a Kings of Leon on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

I would consider "Nimrod" their best album in my opinion.
    Can't wait for their gig next Wednesday.

Advertisement