Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Irish 'Punk' group

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Sounds like a Septic Pussy song...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭thegrove54

na they were a band from northside i think theres three books based on em superchick rock and a hard place and ride on

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭smurke

I just moved to Dublin, besides the aforementioned Paranoid Visions, what are the main gigging Punk bands to keep an eye out for?

I'm in agreement with several posters, I think there have been several really good Irish Punk bands:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

In Dublin the main gigging bands are Dropping Bombs, Ructions, Moutpiece, Septic Pussy, Razortown and a couple of others.

Keep an eye at this http://www.thumped.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=14 to keep up to date with gigs around the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

smurke wrote: »
    I just moved to Dublin, besides the aforementioned Paranoid Visions, what are the main gigging Punk bands to keep an eye out for?

I'm in agreement with several posters, I think there have been several really good Irish Punk bands:D

Dundalk band 'The Gakk' from Dundalk, play in Dublin the odd time.
    Check them out on myspace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

Are they from Dundalk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Yip.....born and bred in Dundalk.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I thought they were pretty damn good last time they played the tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭smurke

thanks lads, will check them out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pete2009

The Outcasts from Belfast...live, awesome, ferocious, powerhouse.

Greg Cowan still doing it big with Shame Academy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭1968

The Atrix, SLF, The Radiators....

Great resource here - http://irishrock.org/ipnw/index.html

"The purpose of this website is to document as many Irish bands from the punk and new wave era as possible"

Advertisement