Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Big Brother

Options
  • 11-08-2005 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭

big brother deserves to be a legend of the boards!
    even if you hated 2005 series think of all the others series from the past and the joy BB and the housemates have brought to our lives...

Big Brother...Legend of the Boards? 33 votes

Yes! what would TV be without it
    0% 0 votes
    No! I have a life [or only the bogstations]
    24% 8 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    75% 25 votes

Comments

Scraggs wrote:
    even if you hated 2005 series think of all the others series from the past

I don't want to, and you can't make me!

Allthough for some reason I do like American Big Brother, but I still think I'll vote no. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I would have called Big Brother the bane of Western society a few months ago but lo, a reversal in my policies. I have recently become captivated by its splendour.

Thus I give it a nod of approval for Legend status.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Well there already is a big brother forum. So giving it another forum would be pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Allthough for some reason I do like American Big Brother, but I still think I'll vote no. :)

American BB counts as Big Brother so hah you like it!
    [wow i even shock myself with that pathetic arguement]

Scraggs wrote:
    American BB counts as Big Brother so hah you like it!
    [wow i even shock myself with that pathetic arguement]

No I won't accept that! ;)

I just liked USA BB because there was more diversity in it, i.e it wasn't just young adults but there were a lot of old people too (I know there have been a few old people in UK BB too but I'm talking more 50/50 here) and it was interesting the way they reacted; sometimes there were even father-son type relationships.
    Also, there was no voting outside of the house: all the voting was done by the contestants, which I belive make it more interesting and stragetic then the UK version.
    The tasks were much better, as were the contestants.
    It was more of a game show, rather than a reality show, which I presume is why I liked it.

I still hate BB though. That was a one-off. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Tough you're gonna have to accept it! While the format was slightly different it is still Big Brother an endemol show.

You're right about US-BB bein better though but i still enjoy watchin the psychos in UKBB and i just adore the public backlash...not that i'm a sadist or anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭butters scotch

big brother needs to be stopped its just disgraceful tbh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

no no no no NO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

It is without a doubt the biggest waste of air time. It ruins a pretty good station(E4) for what, 3 months of the year?
    Oh and then it ends, and produces 12 people who now fancy themselves as celebrities,doing absolutely anything to get in the papers/magazines (i.e that horrible pig Jade Goody).
    I'm hoping there won't be another one next summer, but there probably will unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

TBH ive never read the book .

[pretends to have never seen the horrible tv program]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

It is a horrible waste of veiwing time, watch seinfeld :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Big Brother is evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

de5p0i1er wrote:
    Big Brother is evil.

I agree it sucks more ass than an ass-powered ass sucking ass machine