Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First Android Phone for 13 year old

• 17-11-2019 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Ok so I have held off long enough in getting phone for son. He has asked for one for Christmas so I am going to get him one. Apart from all the perils of him having access to the internet and social media (and I hope to lock down the phone using Google family Link and good old fashioned 'inspection') do you have any recommendations on Mid Entry Model? I was looking at the following.

Xiaomi A3 (Read all about the screen but is it a deal breaker?
    Huawei P Smart +
    Huawei P20
    Nokia 7.1

I'd much prefer to get a phone with Android One. Not a fan of Samsung as I personally hate their UI Skin.

In saying all of this I am thinking of an iPhone 6s/7 as we use that eco system in the house.

Any advice is appreciated. thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

Xiaomi and Huawei could be good choices because I am not a fan of Nokia and Samsung. Secondly, I think parental apps matter more than phone specifications. I found iPhone SE 32GB also a good choice for kids under 15 especially its parental control is very reliable. In case of Androids, you can also consider Huawei Honor 8.

Advertisement