Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hertz files for chapter 11 in USA

Options
  • 24-05-2020 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭

Just a caution for anyone who uses them. I dont understand the structure of Hertz so I dont know if this matters outside of the USA ( or even in the USA ).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

0lddog wrote: »
    Just a caution for anyone who uses them. I dont understand the structure of Hertz so I dont know if this matters outside of the USA ( or even in the USA ).

Doesn’t affect any operations outside the USA as separate entities.

Filing for chapter 11 is kind of like going into administration. Definitely worrying but it’s not the same as going bust. It allows companies to restructure due to financial difficulties.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

They had an ad in the radio saying thee flogging cars for cheap because no one is renting them

ted1 wrote: »
    They had an ad in the radio saying thee flogging cars for cheap because no one is renting them

Their prices are as high as main dealers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Augeo wrote: »
    Their prices are as high as main dealers :)

Probably is, but not what radio ad implies. Their rental fleet is sitting idle.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3003205519717279&id=1090105077694009

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Batgurl wrote: »
    Doesn’t affect any operations outside the USA as separate entities.

Filing for chapter 11 is kind of like going into administration. Definitely worrying but it’s not the same as going bust. It allows companies to restructure due to financial difficulties.

Thanks for fleshing out whats going on. Could never fathom them. Globally is it some form of multilevel franchise arrangement ?

@ted1 : Bolands ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement