Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dark side of the ring

Comments

ugh. opportunistic bastards if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,679 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I think it was just a congrats on the match tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I reckon so. They're not going to ever get anyone again to speak on their shows if they go down that route. And Jericho is hardly going to narrate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

I would not be a fan itFthey did a dark side of Austin and hitting his wives. Austin is a happily married man now.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would there be enough to make an episode on the Muhammad Hassan stuff ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

Is Dark Side of the Ring confirmed to be coming back?

“I have some problems with some Dark Side editing. I thought I was misrepresented a time or two in the edit.”

Well Jim why don't you come out and tell us which parts you were misrepresented on by those edits and put the record straight or i wonder is he not going to be on the show because he doesn't want to upset his friend the wife beater steve austin who could be the focus of an episode or two

• Registered Users Posts: 30,724 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Did you read the interview? It's not like he came out blasting them or something, he was asked specifically about it, and this was his answer, while softening it by saying he really likes what they're doing and their heart is in the right place etc. He was very actively not using it as an opportunity to blast them. He also very much kept the door open for future appearances on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like The Dark Side of the Ring is finished as the producers have signed on with the WWE & The Rock's production company to make a new series on the territories for Vice TV.

Looks like the WWE are fed up of the bad press so they just bought the producers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

It certainly seems like it's been taken off their future schedule. A part of me isn't surprised, it felt like they'd covered most of the major wrestling scandals and any time I see people suggest topics for future episodes, they're more minor than what has come before. Even some episodes in season 3 felt a bit like they were scraping the barrel a bit.

I'm not sure it's a case of WWE getting in bed to stop bad press really, they covered all off WWE's major scandals already between Owen, Benoit and the Steroid trial. I think Vice would be more than happy to work with the Rock's production company and WWE once the idea was brought up, it'll certainly have some revisionist history in it I'm sure though. Jim Ross is seemingly involved too which is interesting.

Yeah, the law of diminishing returns was definitely in effect here, nothing against Johnny K9 but you're really scraping the barrel as is.

That is a very strange statement. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence that we are getting a fourth season or certainly not anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭briany

I just realised last night that I'd never watched the Nick Gage episode, so I threw it on. Never heard of the guy before, and maybe that was for the better. The whole deathmatch scene is just absolutely horrible. It's like, why even bother having a match? Would the crowd be any less enthused if you did away with the ring and just had guys smash light tubes over each other's heads? I doubt they'd notice, to be honest. Don't get the appeal of that type of wrestling at all. It's the culmination of the whole smart-mark attitude of trying to pop people rather than tell a story and do the craziest, most dangerous stunt they can possibly think in pursuit of this, and all for no money to 30 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Riddle101

At least part of that culture was influenced by ECW with its theme of extreme violence, but at least ECW had some good storytellers in the promotion and other things going for it as well. The stuff that Nick Gage does could be attributed to garbage wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭briany

Felt a lot darker than ECW. Even leaving aside the violence, there's no personality to any of it. The wrestlers wouldn't be 'workers' in the sense of having real personality. They're just guys, some of whom wouldn't even be in shape, eviscerating one another. In addition to being an order of magnitude less extreme, ECW actually had people who could wrestle and talk. It's the equivalent of a video nasty, appealing only to a small cohort of people who get off on seeing the sickest thing they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Yeah, wouldn’t be the biggest fan of death match wrestling myself. To quote Bret Hart there is no art in going out there and hurting each other for real (for context Hart made those comments years before death match wrestling, as we know it now, was a thing in the states so you can imagine what the hitman thinks of the likes of czw etc)

Am trying not to be rude or disrespectful but majority of the ones known for death match wrestling cannot wrestle. Takeaway the light tubes and other weapons and they couldn't put together a simple basic match.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Petermc83

in all honesty though.. will they air anything that we don't know already?? probably not.

The Wall Street Journal did all the excellent investigative work for the story.

Vice and the makers of Darkside now have a working partnership with the WWE so I doubt it will be anything but a puff piece

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Watched the 9 Lives of Vince McMachon on Vice absolutely nothing new in it to anyone who watched Darkside.

Its pretty much a few new talking heads and taking clips from the Darkside series and the new stuff from last year is pretty much them just saying what they read in TMZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Petermc83

It was v disappointing! Re-hash of all the other episodes where Vince is implicated in abit of trouble.

waste of time watching it

Is returning for a 4th season on May 30th and the episodes will be on

Abdullah the Butcher

Mike Awesome

Bam Bam Bigelow

Chrid Candido & Tammy Sytch

Marty Jennetty

Magnum TA

The Sandman

Adrian Adonis.

Vice Media the home of this show is filing for bankruptcy.

The opening episode was Chris & Tammy and man it was a sad watch.

Chris brother and mother both interviewed.

• Advertisement

Where'd you find it? It's not in any of my usual hiding spots.

Advertisement