Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

private online poker game

• 13-03-2020 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

does anyone know of a poker app where you can have a private online game of poker with your mates...like having a house game online? set it up with how you want to play, ie, time, blind structure, etc. i dont really want to have to register with the big sites again. is there an alternative?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I think Pokerstars do or used to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭elgriff

Try Pokerrr app and report back?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Bohser

does anyone know of a poker app where you can have a private online game of poker with your mates...like having a house game online? set it up with how you want to play, ie, time, blind structure, etc. i dont really want to have to register with the big sites again. is there an alternative?

You find anything? We tried pokerstars but they take a cut and its too fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Came on here to ask the exact same question. Surprised Paddy Power don't have this feature already. Definitely a market for it at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Bohser

We found apparently free software called https://www.pokerth.net/. Seems available on most platforms.
    Hoping to try out next. will let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Not a poker player at all but I remember reading about a disputed between two pals and Ladbroke I think. Both logged on via same IP but the company withheld winnings on suspicion of money laundering. Can’t remember the outcome or even the reason why they didn’t just play with cards but something to be conscious of if you’ve two people playing from same address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭accensi0n

elgriff wrote: »
    Try Pokerrr app and report back?

I was looking at this yesterday. I think you need to get at least 10 members in the club you set up, before you can divvy out the 3000 chips you get as the club owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭accensi0n

feistyfawn wrote: »
    You find anything? We tried pokerstars but they take a cut and its too fast.

Is that for a cash game?

I was looking at pokerstars yesterday for a private tournament. You can use the play money option, everyone can revolut one person the buy-ins and then that person can divy out the winnings after.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭j.s. pill II

https://www.pokernow.club/

Basic but does the job - Haven't road tested this one yet with a full crowd but seems promising so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭DubCount

Poker Stars have a home game option. I've been using with zoom, and it works great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

DubCount wrote: »
    Poker Stars have a home game option. I've been using with zoom, and it works great.
    +1 for the pokerstars and zoom. 14 off us had a game tonight and have to say it was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Springfields

Question re poker stars and home game option. Does that only appear on certain devices ie an actual PC? My other half downloaded the app but there is no option for a home / private game? Are we missing something ? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Question re poker stars and home game option. Does that only appear on certain devices ie an actual PC? My other half downloaded the app but there is no option for a home / private game? Are we missing something ? Thanks in advance

Home games only available on Desktop.

FYI for this thread - A) just do play chips home games and sort entry yourselves if you don’t want to pay rake to the site

B) Paddy Power Poker has rake free home games now

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Dave Morrison

PokerStars and 888poker are two of the largest poker rooms offering this kind of service, and are by far the best for playing poker with friends. Setting up poker games with your friends on these two sites is easy, fast and free. All you need to do is make sure you and your friends have an account with the poker room of your choice and the correct codes to access your private games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eberpro

I can recommend EasyPoker. It's a mobile app that gives you chips and playing cards for free. Works like Kahoot but for poker.

Advertisement