Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NXT UK Takeover: Dublin - Show finally cancelled

• 17-02-2020 8:53am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I don’t even watch NXT UK and am buzzing. A bloody Takeover in Dublin!

Figure this will need its own thread long term. So Let’s Go!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I was excited last night when I saw Takeover Dublin till I later saw it was NXT UK.

Not so excited anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Interesting. Might just have to go and see this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I was excited last night when I saw Takeover Dublin till I later saw it was NXT UK.

Not so excited anymore.

NXT UK is well worth a watch if you dont, some quality talent in there
    and a Takeover of any kind coming here is huge!

Devlin may headline?

Although Walter title match would be incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

The UK Takeovers are pretty great, I've been to Cardiff live and really enjoyed it. Can't wait to go to this.

However do not bother with the TV tapings that usually go along with it, made that mistake in Cardiff and spent nearly 5 hours there watching matches with people I'd never heard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

dont watch the weekly show but takeovers uk have delivered

and i think we get a few regular NXTers with it being in in 3 arena

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,753 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

No presale options yet on 3plus

This is prob the closet we will ever get to a PPV

Parents will bring kids along cause its WWE, some die hards like myself and some her will go and then possibly we will have the bandwagoners as it will be advertised a lot

They might add a DX appearance (as Triple H and HBK are producers) or an angry Finn Balor

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Wonder will any of the OTT regulars be on this?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    No presale options yet on 3plus

This is prob the closet we will ever get to a PPV

Parents will bring kids along cause its WWE, some die hards like myself and some her will go and then possibly we will have the bandwagoners as it will be advertised a lot

They might add a DX appearance (as Triple H and HBK are producers) or an angry Finn Balor

not even an onsale date yet, id imagine we'll definitely have a 3presale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

NXT UK Takeover Dublin? But Dublin isn't in the UK...
    The Sinn Fein voters won't be happy about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Looking forward to this since it won't be like a regular WWE house show that we normally get where every match is phoned in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

sirmanga wrote: »
    NXT UK Takeover Dublin? But Dublin isn't in the UK...
    The Sinn Fein voters won't be happy about this.

yay another thread with political digs,

there actually isnt enough of those on boards already

Looking forward to this since it won't be like a regular WWE house show that we normally get where every match is phoned in.

exactly!
    Biggest WWE show to come here in I dont know how long
    with the 3arena set up they should be able to bring decent production levels too

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

yay another thread with political digs,

there actually isnt enough of those on boards already

There is a LOT of people angry about a UK Takeover being done in Dublin, its pretty funny to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rianmcn

Surely Finn will be on the card? Imagine if they could get Becky onto it somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Fúck Fúcking sake.

Not only is April 26th my wifes birthday, but she is also due a few days after that so there is not even a slight chance I can go to this. Genuinley pissed off.

Is it officially announced by Ticketmaster/promoters here yet ??. Aiken more than likely in charge

Hopefully tickets on sale next week

Is it officially announced by Ticketmaster/promoters here yet ??. Aiken more than likely in charge

Hopefully tickets on sale next week

Nothing as of yet, I imagine we should hear this week

Is this the first full show we've had in Ireland? i mean non house, network/Tv show?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Nothing as of yet, I imagine we should hear this week

Is this the first full show we've had in Ireland? i mean non house, network/Tv show?

It will be the first televised WWF/WWE event ever from Ireland.

Bar a few clips that show up in Documentaries

One being a 2015 documentary on Finn Balor and the Rollins injury was shown on another one

Bar a few clips that show up in Documentaries

One being a 2015 documentary on Finn Balor and the Rollins injury was shown on another one

This is a big deal for Irish wrestling fans imo and shows how much respect the wrestling has for us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

This is the biggest show in this country since the RDS show in the summer of 2005.

sirmanga wrote: »
    This is the biggest show in this country since the RDS show in the summer of 2005.

Still sore about that ha

Remember I won a pair of tickets to this but found out to late and a 15 year old me wasant up to trailing around Dublin to pick them up as It was too late to deliver them. Ah well seen a lot of shows since then all great

Hotel prices have gone up a bit for the 26th April. I have a room booked in the Mayson hotel for €125.10 for the night. Location cant get any better

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What do y’all think they do in terms of layout for the show? Just use the usual house show set, or something fancier? Presumably they will have to put more room round the ring for commentary tables and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Still sore about that ha

Remember I won a pair of tickets to this but found out to late and a 15 year old me wasant up to trailing around Dublin to pick them up as It was too late to deliver them. Ah well seen a lot of shows since then all great

Hotel prices have gone up a bit for the 26th April. I have a room booked in the Mayson hotel for €125.10 for the night. Location cant get any better

Could've gotten a room for a night in the Abbey Court on Bachelor's Walk for around €25.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Could've gotten a room for a night in the Abbey Court on Bachelor's Walk for around €25.

I like having a bar in the hotel ha

Be interesting what layout they will use but NXT UK shows normally have that indie/house show style setups. Probably the sections in front of Block C/D/E will be pushed up to make room for the commentary booths etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know it's the brand and all but I would be surprised if none of the Irish guys don't point it out to them. Maybe have "Ireland" stamped over "UK". Sure they even have Killian Dain in NXT with a backstory of growing up in the troubles.

I won't be going but good to see a PPV coming here. HHH mentioned on the post show Dublin fans are loud.

Jordon Devlin, Tucker, Moustache Mountain among others have had matches at wwe live events here in recent times with average enough crowd interest. Possible they weren't known too well by the crowd and the matches were at a different tempo to the main roster ones

This could be different as they would be known by a lot and the show would be at a similar tempo.

There will be those ignorant people there who will be wondering when Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Becky, John cena etc be coming out. Parents bringing kids need to be aware of this

Taking there time announcing it

I wonder are they trying to organise TV tapings for the Monday 27th April ???

Next tapings are in Coventry I think the 1st weekend in march ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

to set up a match at takeover perhaps

https://twitter.com/WWEUK/status/1229793564336455680?s=20

• Advertisement

Taking there time announcing it

I wonder are they trying to organise TV tapings for the Monday 27th April ???

Next tapings are in Coventry I think the 1st weekend in march ?

It's been fully announced anyway by WWE.

Could be waiting for NXTuk on thursday/Aiken to go with it this weekend

by the above seems were definitely getting Finn

Advertisement