Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sunstroke 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Korn & SOAD are in Italy on the 12th and then Download on the 14th so its highly unlikely they will be added to the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Death dta are playing hellfest theyd be a fantastic addition for a smaller stage, were brilliant in the academy a couple of years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mollser

Delighted to someone having a go with this festival. Whilst rock music is so far from the mainstream nowadays, I have no doubt there is pent up appetite for this - I think there's way more interest in rock than the media would like to admit to.

Some serious bands knocking around Europe that could easily be added. Probably a bit unfortunate that Green Day, Fall Out Boy, Weezer and 21 Pilots are here only a couple of weeks after, they'd complement the bill well.

Still - high hopes for this - makes a wonderful change form the longtitude hippity hop type stuff that's been dominating the last while!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

mollser wrote: »
    Delighted to someone having a go with this festival. Whilst rock music is so far from the mainstream nowadays, I have no doubt there is pent up appetite for this - I think there's way more interest in rock than the media would like to admit to.

Some serious bands knocking around Europe that could easily be added. Probably a bit unfortunate that Green Day, Fall Out Boy, Weezer and 21 Pilots are here only a couple of weeks after, they'd complement the bill well.

Still - high hopes for this - makes a wonderful change form the longtitude hippity hop type stuff that's been dominating the last while!

I'd agree, this is the first festival line up in years (and Im talking at least 10 years) that in any way shape or form has me interested to go see it.

Deftones especially... Gojira too!

If they got the likes of Behemoth or Opeth on there it would be unmissable.

Only mistake they made was not having it at Dalyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Opeth only played here a few weeks ago and Behemoth played here this year as well, I do not think any other big acts will be added as it looks like Deftones and FNM are the headliners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Xenji wrote: »
    and Behemoth played here this year as well

Playing here again in under 2 months as support to Slipknot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭krusty411

bennyl10 wrote: »
    can't see anyone that big being added, you'd imagine FnM and Deftones are the headliners on either night

All depends on ticket sales, if it sells out or pretty close to it early on, they won't add any other bigger acts, if there's still plenty of tickets left around after Christmas you could see the likes of the offspring or that who are playing download on the Saturday added along with a few others playing opposite days at download, much like oxegen did with t in the park years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Playing here again in under 2 months as support to Slipknot too.

Completely forgot about that gig...

must pick up tickets for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I imagine the headliners are named and they wont be anymore added ??

Are the Deftones that well known

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I imagine the headliners are named and they wont be anymore added ??

Are the Deftones that well known
    Sold out 2 nights in VIcar St in May 2017. That's 3k tickets.

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Completely forgot about that gig...

must pick up tickets for it.

Seem to be sold out don't have one yet myself.

Sold out 2 nights in VIcar St in May 2017. That's 3k tickets.

Went to both, 2 top nights. Prob best suited to a venue like there than a big field though perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Went to both, 2 top nights. Prob best suited to a venue like there than a big field though perhaps.

I saw them in a big field at Reading in 2000. And they were spectacular so it'll be fine.

I wonder was the success of Metallica at slane the reason for this sudden resurgence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭dasdog

I wonder was the success of Metallica at slane the reason for this sudden resurgence

It wouldn't have put them off that's for sure.

I'm looking at that HF lineup and it's ridiculous. Even if they were to add a few more of the lower order acts from it like Suicidal Tendencies/Bodycount this could be really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

I'm delighted with Deftones and FNM and I live nearby so happy days! Saw Deftones in Vicar St. in 2017 and thought they were excellent.

Tool and SOAD would be something though. We live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

They're not going to add any more headliners lads

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ollkiller

They're not going to add any more headliners lads

Even some mid range bands like Opeth, Bodycount etc would be enough.

When was that? I didn't know they'd played here since the SFX

2004/5? In far distant memories at this point!

European promoters are brilliant at putting together killer festival lineups

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mollser

Iron Maiden would be good! Maybe Pearl Jam too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

mollser wrote: »
    Iron Maiden would be good! Maybe Pearl Jam too :D

Maiden have announced all their gigs for 2020 already (including a Belfast date).

Will there be shuttle busses and all that do u say ???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Will there be shuttle busses and all that do u say ???

Id say there will be ones going from Punchestown back into Naas for sure and id say Marathon will prob do ones from Dublin?

Have citywest hotel booked for the 2 nights (and a separate booking for Sat only). So hoping for maybe a drop off point at the red cow Luas stop

Have citywest hotel booked for the 2 nights (and a separate booking for Sat only). So hoping for maybe a drop off point at the red cow Luas stop

There is a 24 hour bus that goes from Naas to the airport and stops at the Red Cow luas stop, its only €5 each way or €3 each way if you are a student.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭De Danann

I was gonna go to Download in the UK next year which is the same weekend. But switching plans and going to this. I hope this sells out. We need a decent yearly rock festival in Ireland.

I kinda hope they have some post music activities going on after the music etc, or it would be cool to have a few bands playing one of the stages on the Friday after people have arrived(similar to what Ramblin Man festival do, think they had the Darkness headline the friday)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Acosta

Apparently I'm going to some doom festival in Portugal in the summer so won't be going to this. Nice to see it happening though. A big Irish festival and there won't be a Walking on the coronas type **** in sight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Acosta wrote: »
    Apparently I'm going to some doom festival in Portugal in the summer so won't be going to this. Nice to see it happening though. A big Irish festival and there won't be a Walking on the coronas type **** in sight.

You probably mean Boom! festival, its one of the best psytrance ones out there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement