Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Belts, braces and beer guts

• 28-02-2019 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭

A problem I've become more aware of over the past couple of years is that no matter how tight I pull my belt, my jeans always seem to slide down leaving me (apparently) with a very baggy-arsed look.

I would consider braces as I wore them as a teenage skinhead and always liked the look of them, but I've been told in no uncertain terms by my girlfriend that this is NOT an option! I don't even use belts with holes, I use the sort of belt that is adjustable without holes, but still the problem persists.

I'm not a noticeably overweight bloke, but I do have a decent beer belly. So my jeans waist sits comfortably under the gut, which I suspect may be part of the problem. Also, according to one of my son's mates, I have no ass to speak of, and he thinks this may be another reason my jeans slide down - no ass to keep them in place :eek:

I wear jeans all the time, unless I'm going to a wedding or funeral etc, so the problem is really starting to annoy me. I don't spend a fortune on jeans, maybe €30-40 a pair, so I'm also wondering if more expensive jeans might fit better?

I realise this isn't much of a problem in the grand scheme of things, but I'd appreciate any advice. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pekitivey

A problem I've become more aware of over the past couple of years is that no matter how tight I pull my belt, my jeans always seem to slide down leaving me (apparently) with a very baggy-arsed look.

I would consider braces as I wore them as a teenage skinhead and always liked the look of them, but I've been told in no uncertain terms by my girlfriend that this is NOT an option! I don't even use belts with holes, I use the sort of belt that is adjustable without holes, but still the problem persists.

I'm not a noticeably overweight bloke, but I do have a decent beer belly. So my jeans waist sits comfortably under the gut, which I suspect may be part of the problem. Also, according to one of my son's mates, I have no ass to speak of, and he thinks this may be another reason my jeans slide down - no ass to keep them in place :eek:

I wear jeans all the time, unless I'm going to a wedding or funeral etc, so the problem is really starting to annoy me. I don't spend a fortune on jeans, maybe €30-40 a pair, so I'm also wondering if more expensive jeans might fit better?

I realise this isn't much of a problem in the grand scheme of things, but I'd appreciate any advice. Cheers.

Simple fix for this. Get rid of the gut. And do some squats to get some shape on that ass. Alternatively disregard your girlfriend cos suspenders are cool. But you'd need the right pants and shirt combo. Cant go around wearing footie tops and dad jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

pekitivey wrote: »
    Simple fix for this. Get rid of the gut. And do some squats to get some shape on that ass. Alternatively disregard your girlfriend cos suspenders are cool. But you'd need the right pants and shirt combo. Cant go around wearing footie tops and dad jeans.

Even if you had practical advice for me here, I would completely ignore it due to your use of the word "suspenders" for braces.

I would like to point out that I have never, and will never, wear suspenders :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pekitivey

Still a fat ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

pekitivey wrote: »
    Still a fat ****?

Jeans still falling down my ass :(

Any helpful suggestions?

Advertisement