Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NRL and all things Rugby League down under

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

swiftman wrote: »
    That was very poor from the Warriors 12-46.
    Upside I couldn't been bothered going to it.
    Looks like only a few made it, didn't hear crowd size but less than 8,000?

Every week I see the big boys not being able to handle the ball and don't have any power in there leg drive.
    Too many players are too comfortable. No hunger, happy to get a wage.

Big shake up needed I think, attitude and culture all wrong

Big shake up needed for years, don't see it happening anytime soon. They have had the worst of the officials this season, but can't use that for some of the performances this year.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Warriors doing their usual, playing well last game of the season when there's nothing to play for.

Fantastic game Raiders turning over the Storm. What made it even better was Melbourne were wrong end of a touch judge decision (they would have been offside anyway but doesn't stop them feeling hard done by). So that's only 99% of ref calls going their way now. (I joke obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Fantastic game Raiders turning over the Storm. What made it even better was Melbourne were wrong end of a touch judge decision (they would have been offside anyway but doesn't stop them feeling hard done by). So that's only 99% of ref calls going their way now. (I joke obviously)

I really like the raiders. Would love to see them go on and win it. That result is really after blowing the competition open. At least to get to a GF anyway. After how the eels played last night they will fancy their chances going to Melbourne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

pains me to say but the eels were terrific

pains me to say but the eels were terrific

Broncos have gone into full tilt, total meltdown mode since the game though it was an absolute hammering.

Very tense game between Raiders and the Rabbitohs. Glad the Raiders won, purely because i think they'll have a slightly better chance of beating the Storm (who I think will win tomorrow and probably the grand final).

Didn't catch today's game, but glad the Roosters won, now hopefully they'll lose the final!

Disappointing result in the final, Roosters won, poor ref call is what the chat is about though sadly.

• Advertisement

2020 season stuff thread.

Woman who's accusing Josh Reynolds off assault appears to be a piece of work, who's got multiple aliases and obtained large sums of money from a lot of men for made up stories of dead parents or fake pregnancies and general manipulation.

https://twitter.com/9NewsSyd/status/1225319735178547200?s=20

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

2020 season stuff thread.

Woman who's accusing Josh Reynolds off assault appears to be a piece of work, who's got multiple aliases and obtained large sums of money from a lot of men for made up stories of dead parents or fake pregnancies and general manipulation.

https://twitter.com/9NewsSyd/status/1225319735178547200?s=20

She seems like a lovely person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

I went to subscribe to watchnrl for the year and noticed it allows you to enter a voucher code to reduce the price - anyone know where I could get one or are there sign up discounts closer to the start of the season? Thanks

Got the App - saw Cowboys beat Broncos in the Nines - great game

Danick wrote: »
    Got the App - saw Cowboys beat Broncos in the Nines - great game

Warriors have been crap, for a change.

Creepy Bulldog duo dropped indefinitely for having sex with school girls, aged 17 or 18, so not illegal. Read elsewhere they allegedly knew the girls because they'd met them when they visited their school! Classy stuff.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bulldogs-duo-stood-down-over-serious-breach-20200310-p548pm.html

.......... Catalan Dragons frantically searching for the lads numbers.

Try fest for the first game of the season so far.
    2 - 2 between the Eels and Bulldogs :pac:

Captain's challenges bit of a balls so far.

And I've found an IPTV provider that gives me the Aussie channels, perfect.

All over Parramatta 8 Canterbury 2

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Still a pretty enjoyable game but maybe only because it was the first game of the season.

Not sure how I feel about the new rules with the challenge the option of moving an infield scrum out to the sideline. Hopefully teams will actually learn to use thier challenge correctly. Using the 1 challenge on a lost ball in midfield in the first half is beyond stupid. Would have loved to have seen that go against them in the end when Ferguson was taken out in the air and dragged in goal.

After a nervous start the Cowboys are starting to play well - should make for a cracking second half!

• Advertisement

Danick wrote: »
    After a nervous start the Cowboys are starting to play well - should make for a cracking second half!

Let the Broncos get too far in front after the break unfortunately.

Looks like a comfortable win for the Raiders against the Titans earlier.

Match on tomorrow at 830 on sky...might as well make most of it those of you inclined to sleep in at the weekend - won't be much else in the way of live televised RL in forthcoming weeks/months

Match on tomorrow at 830 on sky...might as well make most of it those of you inclined to sleep in at the weekend - won't be much else in the way of live televised RL in forthcoming weeks/months

Or you could get up at 4am and watch the Warriors on watch nrl or other less legit means :pac:

Or you could get up at 4am and watch the Warriors on watch nrl or other less legit means :pac:

Nilled by the Knights. Wooden spoon, here we come.

Edit: and won't be able to go home because New Zealand has imposed a travel ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

And I've found an IPTV provider that gives me the Aussie channels, perfect

Would love the details of this iptv provider if possible...

Bunnies with a decent lead after the first half, scored with a man in the bin, Sharks look a bit lost at times.

Cracking game, great comeback from the Panthers to win.

Bunnies with a decent lead after the first half, scored with a man in the bin, Sharks look a bit lost at times.

Robbed of that try ?

Enjoyed the penrith roosters game, very high-octane

Robbed of that try ?

Enjoyed the penrith roosters game, very high-octane

Hadn't watched the 2nd half, but do you mean the forward pass at the end? Could have a gone either way I think. Marginally forward but you see passes like that every game and the ref plays on, Sharks were unlucky not to sneak the win weren't they.

• Advertisement

Dragons defended their line for SO long. Brilliant scrambling, then fluff two gilt edge chances at the other end to at least get on level terms, meaning all the hard work is for nothing, Tigers confirm the win with a try off a scrum.

Advertisement