Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018 Regular Season Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Igotadose wrote: »
    Wednesday's Mets/Phillies will be on Facebook Watch at 1:10pm EST/6:10 Ireland time. Hopefully we'll be able to see it from here.

Was hoping to watch the archived game on MLB TV. I'll be a little put out if I can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

ShyMets wrote: »
    Was hoping to watch the archived game on MLB TV. I'll be a little put out if I can't.

I was onto their helpdesk on Sunday about a different issue and while on hold the recorded message says something like "There are no blackouts for viewers outside of the US and Canada" so I reckon we'll still be able to see it. Just with whoever Facebook have as their announcers.

'FB-Watch' is also showing up as the broadcaster in the app and on the website and there's nothing to say it won't be available.

I see Ohtani hit his first HR last night. This two way experiment might just work afterall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I see Ohtani hit his first HR last night. This two way experiment might just work afterall

It might just! His swing looks a lot like Ichiro's.

Not just a HR, he went 3-4 too.

• Advertisement

Not just a HR, he went 3-4 too.

Only a matter of time before Ohtani Mania is officially christened:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Didi had some game for the Yankees last night.. 8 RBI including 2 HRs. I came in from work and watched from the 4th inning.. Weather didn't look great either

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Only a matter of time before Ohtani Mania is officially christened:)

Sho-time is in full swing. The silent treatment from the bench was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭boccy23

Didi had some game for the Yankees last night.. 8 RBI including 2 HRs. I came in from work and watched from the 4th inning.. Weather didn't look great either

When he was traded from the DBacks, I never thought he would be this type of offensive player. Always knew he was going to be a great defensive SS. And he was replacing a legend. Some player now indeed.

Also, did you see that Stanton was getting booed after the last K. Welcome to New York Mike!

boccy23 wrote:
    Also, did you see that Stanton was getting booed after the last K. Welcome to New York Mike!

Yeah I thought that was odd. Fans are ruthless.. But once he hits his first HR in pinstripes at home then it'll be glossed over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Yeah I thought that was odd. Fans are ruthless.. But once he hits his first HR in pinstripes at home then it'll be glossed over

Not that odd in Yankee stadium.

To be fair Stanton is a big boy it'll roll off his massive back.

Some interesting games thus far. Early in the season but the Diamondbacks have been pretty impressive.

Not that odd in Yankee stadium.

To be fair Stanton is a big boy it'll roll off his massive back.

Some interesting games thus far. Early in the season but the Diamondbacks have been pretty impressive.

Not a bad start by your boy Bryce either.

Not a bad start by your boy Bryce either.

He's had a good start, the rest of the line up looks stellar as well. With Trea batting down the order when Eaton is in the line up we look pretty potent. In addition we have Murphy to come back into this line up.

Bryce's start though ... yeah he mashes the ball!

He's had a good start, the rest of the line up looks stellar as well. With Trea batting down the order when Eaton is in the line up we look pretty potent. In addition we have Murphy to come back into this line up.

Bryce's start though ... yeah he mashes the ball!

With Turner batting 6th and Eaton doing a great job leading off, Rendon second, will Murphy now bat 5th? Or how do you see the line up with him coming back pan out?

boccy23 wrote: »
    With Turner batting 6th and Eaton doing a great job leading off, Rendon second, will Murphy now bat 5th? Or how do you see the line up with him coming back pan out?

It'll be day to day I think. I feel like Eaton and Turner will rotate in the line up. Murphy will bat clean up, with Harper in the 3 spot. Zimm will move down to 5th and then it will be Eaton/Turner. Thats my best guess at the moment. But I think alot of things could happen. If Matt Adams heats up I bet he plays a bit at 1st probably in a platoon with Zimm. Got some serious options right now.

No boos for Stanton today.

No boos for Stanton today.

A nice 458ft HR helped alright

• Registered Users Posts: 12,947 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

This facebook thing'd be great if it didn't keep timing out/crashing. Might be my ISP but yeesh, up/down, up/down.

And, if there are any Philly fans out there, if these are your announcers, I feel your pain. John Kruk seems to want to play the clown and the young guy is just some talking head. Really sad that the Met's announcers are made to look great by guys like this (not that I strongly dislike the Mets guys, but I'm not a huge fan, Keith Hernandez is slowly becoming o.k.. Ron Darling's a little better, the team's only good announcer is Howie Rose on the radio and, well, he's no Red Barber/Lindsay Nelson/Bob Murphy).

Of course, then there's John Sterling... he's special in an awful way.

I was onto their helpdesk on Sunday about a different issue and while on hold the recorded message says something like "There are no blackouts for viewers outside of the US and Canada" so I reckon we'll still be able to see it. Just with whoever Facebook have as their announcers.

'FB-Watch' is also showing up as the broadcaster in the app and on the website and there's nothing to say it won't be available.

Turns out we are blacked out, well not blacked out but you need a Facebook account (which I don't have).

Turns out we are blacked out, well not blacked out but you need a Facebook account (which I don't have).
    I wish I didn't. Darn relatives.

• Advertisement

Igotadose wrote: »
    I wish I didn't. Darn relatives.

Hopefully the Mets won't be on this again (on a day game anyway) as I don't want to have to sign up

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

That's fair going... Off kluber as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Just makes not getting him even tougher to swallow (yes I know it's early days).

In the same boat. Let's hope it's the only Mets game they chose this season

Just makes not getting him even tougher to swallow (yes I know it's early days).

Very early days is right but he does loom like he's figuring things out. Will the two way experiment work. I hope so as it something which could change the game. I just feel at some point the Angels will ask him either to be a pitcher or hitter

In the same boat. Let's hope it's the only Mets game they chose this season

Here's the upcoming games, probably they can add more. Personally I didn't mind it except for the dreadful announcing. All time's EST, I might try to catch the Texas/Seattle game that ought to be a good one:

• Wednesday, April 11: MIL-STL, 1:15 p.m.
    • Wednesday, April 18: KC-TOR, 4:07 p.m.
    • Thursday, April 26: ARI-PHI, 1:05 p.m.
    • Thursday, May 3: LAD-ARI, 3:40 p.m.
    • Thursday, May 10: SF-PHI, 1:05 p.m.
    • Wednesday, May 16: TEX-SEA, 3:40 p.m.
    • Thursday, May 24: LAA-TOR, 12:37 p.m.
    • Wednesday, May 30: STL-MIL, 1:10 p.m.

I have been impressed with the Braves so far. Listened to yesterday's game and they worked Scherzer very well. Small sample I know, but certainly a number of positives for a rebuilding team.

boccy23 wrote: »
    I have been impressed with the Braves so far. Listened to yesterday's game and they worked Scherzer very well. Small sample I know, but certainly a number of positives for a rebuilding team.

Wouldnt get too excited, Scherzer has games like that one where he just is slightly off. He was off all through the game.

But this Braves side is very much in mid rebuild they have some really nice corner pieces and could be tough to beat this year for a number of teams. They also have a couple of really nice arms in their rotation.

• Advertisement

Very early days is right but he does loom like he's figuring things out. Will the two way experiment work. I hope so as it something which could change the game. I just feel at some point the Angels will ask him either to be a pitcher or hitter

I doubt it. He has ability both ways and one hasnt hampered the other thus far and really shouldnt either. His swing is about as true as you can get and yesterday's HR was an opposite field ball that was high and away. The day before's was down and inside. He has all the ability to be an every day hitter and I think the Angels will keep that in their line up. His pitching looked good on his only start thus far and he has such an array of pitches that I can't see them tampering too much. Plus he apparently loves playing every day. I say they try to keep him happy.

Advertisement