Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Casefile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,320 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Parchment wrote: »
    He has done it a few times in previous episodes - i guess its an effort to break the monotony of delivery. Not that i find it monotonous but it must feel flat to deliver the whole story in one tone/voice.

I love his voice though and i dont like the Australian accent (sorry!).

He has emphasised lines or used a more angry tone but in the most recent one, its the first time I've noticed him actually acting out lines, there were some lines where he was using a scared/frightened tone, banging the table etc.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Feck sake, he better not do that again, it's ruining it. I listen to it going to sleep or at night when I can't sleep, don't need him fecking roaring, nearly leapt out of the bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

pc7 wrote: »
    Feck sake, he better not do that again, it's ruining it. I listen to it going to sleep or at night when I can't sleep, don't need him fecking roaring, nearly leapt out of the bed.

:D

I do the same.

But luckily I was listening to this in the evening, still didn't stop me from jolting!

There is something slightly creepy where he acts out lines that were from a little girl. Also
    the bit where he screams when Ming pulls the knife out at Mary in court was ridiculous

siblers wrote: »
    There is something slightly creepy where he acts out lines that were from a little girl. Also
    the bit where he screams when Ming pulls the knife out at Mary in court was ridiculous

That's the bit I'm talking about.

Although, I'm guessing from this tweet he got some interesting feedback regarding the "acting".

https://twitter.com/case_file/status/861899382777688066

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Just heard Casefile will be doing an 8 hour mini series on the Original Night Stalker. Serious amount of research obviously going into that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

eviltwin wrote: »
    Just heard Casefile will be doing an 8 hour mini series on the Original Night Stalker. Serious amount of research obviously going into that.

Oh YES!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

New casefile out. 2 hr long.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Oh jaysus, first minute and I'm already spooked!!!

ETA - lasted 10 minutes not one for the evening time, will listen when out on walks, wouldn't sleep going by the start!!

pc7 wrote: »
    Oh jaysus, first minute and I'm already spooked!!!

ETA - lasted 10 minutes not one for the evening time, will listen when out on walks, wouldn't sleep going by the start!!

I just finished listening to it - im familiar with the O.N.S/E.A.R. story but as usual Casefile are amazing. This podcast is phenomenal- the writing is perfect, the details they include really help you picture things going on (sometimes thats bad) and his voice is perfection.

As posted above - maybe dont listen to this alone at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

I'm so excited he's covered this case. It's my all time favourite crime scares the crap out of me things he did to people. The next two hours of work will hopefully fly by tucked away behind my desk listening to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Tap tap tap ;)
    Parchment wrote: »
    I just finished listening to it - im familiar with the O.N.S/E.A.R. story but as usual Casefile are amazing. This podcast is phenomenal- the writing is perfect, the details they include really help you picture things going on (sometimes thats bad) and his voice is perfection.

As posted above - maybe dont listen to this alone at night.

The intro to that podcast of the recorded call is incredibly spooky. I was out walking the dog at night and had to turn it off, been listening to it in the meantime and I'm not quite as spooked out as I was so will give it a listen tonight when I'm out with the dog. It's pretty incredible what I've listened to so far and there's been none of that dodgy voice acting that there was in last week's episode.

The intro to that podcast of the recorded call is incredibly spooky. I was out walking the dog at night and had to turn it off, been listening to it in the meantime and I'm not quite as spooked out as I was so will give it a listen tonight when I'm out with the dog. It's pretty incredible what I've listened to so far and there's been none of that dodgy voice acting that there was in last week's episode.

Yeah, I had to pause it as I was the only one in the house and listening to it on headphones (bad idea... was spooked at that call).

There's no voice acting thankfully. Just his 'usual' darker tone (if that's the term?) when he's quoting.

I was walking alone through a forest the first time i heard that recording (on another podcast) and i nearly pooped myself.

I agree that this is one of the most interesting cases around.
    So excited for next week!!

Also i found this article :

https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/talking-to-the-host-behind-casefile-australias-biggest-crime-podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

the last case. omg .completely freaked me out as I was walking to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I've just found this thread, yay! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Great podcast..I look forward to every new episode and listen in the car on my commute. I loved the Jennifer Pan episode and the Yorkshire Ripper. Like others I don't listen to any crimes involving children. Having two of my own I just can't handle them. In fairness he gives a warning at the start.

Last week I listened to the Mary Struffer one and couldn't stop thinking about
    little Jason
    for the rest of the day.
    His mother's letter
    was heartbreaking

I read on the Casefile Facebook page that the anonymous narrator has a full time job too..where does he find the time?!

Great podcast..I look forward to every new episode and listen in the car on my commute. I loved the Jennifer Pan episode and the Yorkshire Ripper. Like others I don't listen to any crimes involving children. Having two of my own I just can't handle them. In fairness he gives a warning at the start.

little Jason
    for the rest of the day.
    His mother's letter
    was heartbreaking

I read on the Casefile Facebook page that the anonymous narrator has a full time job too..where does he find the time?!

I picture the narrator as some kind of IT guy but a cool one or he is something outdoorsy like a climbing instructor or something. I dont know why!

little Jason
    for the rest of the day.
    His mother's letter
    was heartbreaking

Regarding pdocasts involving children, I think it's worth listening to the Catholic Mafia one, this isn't giving anything away but it's one of the few podcasts where it shows that there are good people out there. I'd explain further but would go into spoiler territory

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Just listened to the Moors murders ones, there are no words to do justice to how sick those two were.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Is he consistent on what day he releases them?

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Is he consistent on what day he releases them?

I always see it in my feed on Sunday afternoons.

I then have to resist the urge to listen to it as i need it to get through my Monday/Tuesday walks at lunch time at work!

Always Saturday afternoon for me, if you like the Facebook page for it they usually post when it's available

Saturday morning for me. I fist pumped when I saw part 2 was available

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mickoc

I love this show and have since I first heard it. The snow town episode was crazy. I tried watching the film but turned it off. The narrator is quality.

I really respect how Casefile uses the word "survivor" instead of "victim".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,207 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

"he had an unusually small penis"

I laugh every time

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    "he had an unusually small penis"

I laugh every time

Yeah it's the one thing that brings a smile in such a dark case. I knew/know nothing about the case and am avoiding looking it up, but when it's finished I'll be looking to see did police mention that in press releases. I hope they did or at least after he's caught to embarrass the creature.

Advertisement