Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Second Captains

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

Anyone got an RSS/XML link? Hate the way anyone who doesn't use an apple device is effectively ignored :mad:

Afaik you will be able to stream it from the Irish Times website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I too would be looking for the link, as I like to be able to download my podcasts not stream them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

I dont see a stream on Irish times website? Do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,547 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Nope. Give it a few mins, i reckon.

I'm gonna get a cup of tea.

There's been some technical hitch, so it's not up yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's there now, also on Soundcloud.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

iTunes not updated yet, so looks like the site is the only place to listen atm.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/second-captains

• Registered Users Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Anyone got an RSS/XML link? Hate the way anyone who doesn't use an apple device is effectively ignored :mad:

Voila: http://feeds.feedburner.com/secondcaptains

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭krieture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

What do I type into soundcloud

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

What do I type into soundcloud

Link:
    krieture wrote: »

Really enjoyed it I have to say. Obviously it's not the same as OTB, but it was great to have the lads back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,547 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Link:

Really enjoyed it I have to say. Obviously it's not the same as OTB, but it was great to have the lads back again.

Dead right. Some of it was gas. Was there even a mention of GAA? It's gonna be very hard to fit everything into the hour.

Plus, no newsround (and no football newsround) is a big, big loss.

Great to have them back all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭krieture

Jaysus that flew by. Twas great to have them back. Great craic as always.

Good Show, I like the new intro. I'm really glad it's Sid Lowe they went for to discuss Man. City and not Hunter.

Ah well, only another week to go for the next one. Clutching at straws time again - is The Irish Times still part owner of 4fm?

dulpit wrote: »

That link is a bit weird, doesn't have the full thing. This one is better:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/secondcaptainsitcom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Really enjoyable,be class if it was twice a week though.

Oliver Callan at #3? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭captain caveman

Is it available on iphone yet? I've gone in a couple of times on the podcast app, but no joy. I do have Vin B & Ken Early N***as in Paris however..

• Advertisement

Is it available on iphone yet? I've gone in a couple of times on the podcast app, but no joy. I do have Vin B & Ken Early N***as in Paris however..

Not showing up for me yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

dulpit wrote: »
    That link is a bit weird, doesn't have the full thing. This one is better:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/secondcaptainsitcom

Still not working, my podcast app is just timing out when it tries to connect. I would assume the servers are just getting hammered at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭Deedsie

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Not showing up for me yet either.

There seems to be 2 second captains accounts for me. The show was on the one I didn't have. Once I subscribed to the second one I had it.

I really enjoyed it, bit annoying it being over an hour late... And the lack of GAA coverage was a bit disappointing but I suppose we are in the limbo between league and championship at the moment.

Overall great to have them back. Don't think an hour will ever be sufficient amount of time.

Deedsie wrote: »
    There seems to be 2 second captains accounts for me. The show was on the one I didn't have. Once I subscribed to the second one I had it.

I really enjoyed it, bit annoying it being over an hour late... And the lack of GAA coverage was a bit disappointing but I suppose we are in the limbo between league and championship at the moment.

Overall great to have them back. Don't think an hour will ever be sufficient amount of time.

Cheers Deedsie. Seems one ("second captains") is just going to be for clips, while the other ("Second Captains @ The Irish Times") is going to be the shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

And the lack of GAA coverage was great!!

FYP!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Gest

Any way of subscribing to this on android?

I.e. Is there a way i can set it to download automatically and listen to it offline?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Ste05 wrote: »
    FYP!! :D

Nah, you wrecked it... :-) Soccer over saturation is tiresome. I'm a fan, but Jesus we have a rich sporting culture here. Why neglect any part of it. Equal coverage for all the main ones... Rugby, Soccer and Gaelic Games...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Gest wrote: »
    Any way of subscribing to this on android?

I.e. Is there a way i can set it to download automatically and listen to it offline?

Get a podcast app and add this feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/secondcaptainsitcom

Nah, you wrecked it... :-) Soccer over saturation is tiresome. I'm a fan, but Jesus we have a rich sporting culture here. Why neglect any part of it. Equal coverage for all the main ones... Rugby, Soccer and Gaelic Games...

It was the rugby for me, it just seem to go on and on today. You can't please everybody I suppose , but you will have some GAA next week.
    Tom Kelly ‏@thetomkelly99 41m @SecondCaptains Welcome back lads. A grand show. One thing. I know time constraints are tough,but no GAA talk at all? #atallatallatall
    Expand

be933ac0f375782256fddd41f2b0038f_normal.jpegSecond Captains ‏@SecondCaptains 13m
    @thetomkelly99 next week Tom. Murph will resign if we don't so it's a guarantee

US Murph will also be putting in an appearance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

The rugby must have went on for as long as the soccer. I wouldn't be a big fan of rugby or gaelic football(most of the time) and would love it to be just hurling and soccer but you can't please everybody

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement