Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to beat the January Blues??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭micromary

Haha!!Big-time. A tad overboard but everyone for themselves I suppose! He has supposidly put on 6 stone since he started all this!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

Has anybody ever heard of Mr.Christmas Andy Park? Now I must admit this guy is very very hardcore!!!!!

I remember him, there was a news report about him years ago on UTV I think it was. Had often wondered if he was still doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

micromary wrote: »
    Has anybody ever heard of Mr.Christmas Andy Park? Now I must admit this guy is very very hardcore!!!!!:)

http://www.mrchristmas.co.uk/infomrchristmas.htm

Thanks for sharing that link micromary, I think you might have saved me from going a tinsel too far! Much and all as I love Christmas, that is about 40 baubles too far... lol

So perhaps the 25th of each month should be for trying new things, instead of Christmassy things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

I think they found out the whole thing was a hoax but I'd love to do it for one year! I reckon I'd give it a good shot too!

I love reading about him every year though and wishing it was true!

Seriously. A hoax? Amazing he has got his website page still up claiming that others have fallen by the wayside and he is still going!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm beginning to think the reason why I put on so much weight in December is so it gives me something to do in January, haha. Well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Neighbour still has the decorations up!! (He is alive and kicking BTW) I wonder if he will make it to the end of the month. I'll keep you all updated :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Please do!

I seen a house with a Christmas tree still up (and lighting) in Artane yesterday. :)

Posy wrote: »
    Please do!

I seen a house with a Christmas tree still up (and lighting) in Artane yesterday. :)

I want to live beside THOSE people!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So it's officially the dreaded Blue Monday (Although it could have been argued the 6th was the real Blue Monday)

Anyone doing anything special to get over the Blues today?

I was walking to work and had my songs on shuffle and "Step Into Christmas" came blaring out and instantly put a smile on my face :)

I'm not feeling too blue as I've a few events to look forward to in March so I am counting down the days, as well as Christmas of course haha!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I definitely found the 6th to be the worst day... and I'd already been back in work for a week!
    I feel like the end is in sight now, I'm going out for dinner tonight, I've plans tomorrow and a party to go to on Saturday, so there's loads to keep me occupied this week- then the following weekend will be February!! There will be daffodils! I'm already noticing a stretch in the evenings. :)

One thing I definitely wish would come down is those prominent boards selling Christmas trees. Take them down please!!!!!

Well officially the 22nd of January is the most depressing day of the year. We are almost over it!!!!!:p

Well officially the 22nd of January is the most depressing day of the year. We are almost over it!!!!!:p

I thought the most depressing day of the year was two days ago?

Checked it out and it is the 6th of Jan this year - Blue Monday. Upwards and onwards!!!!

Checked it out and it is the 6th of Jan this year - Blue Monday. Upwards and onwards!!!!

Yea that def felt like the worse day, especially for everyone who were just back from their holidays!

Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One month since the man in red visited, only 10 months until our elf returns and eleven until Santa does! (Putting it like that is helping me with January). The neighbour STILL has his decorations on the windows, really hoping he leaves them until the end of the month. Enjoy the weekend :)

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One month since the man in red visited, only 10 months until our elf returns and eleven until Santa does! (Putting it like that is helping me with January). The neighbour STILL has his decorations on the windows, really hoping he leaves them until the end of the month. Enjoy the weekend :)

Yes 10 Months until the madness well and truely kicks off makes it seem like no time at all, January has flown by so the blues barely got a chance to sit around this year! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 newbygirl

Gawd I hate January

Almost over. Hard to believe that it was 1 month since Christmas day! Yep hope your neighbour keeps those decorations up for a little while long Mayogurl!!:P

• Advertisement

Ladies and gentlemen may I proudly introduce you to the last Monday of January. So long January you will not be missed!

Roll on Feburary, a short snappy month which leads us into March where we don our greenery for a day and the evenings continue to get brighter and brighter :)

Last week! Woo-hoo! Then it's practically time to put my tree up. :pac:

Am I the only weirdo who actually loves the dark evenings? Movies, jammies, early to bed, guilt-free chocolate, big fires etc etc I hate February, the last two years horrible things have happened, hoping its not 3 in a row :(

I love the dark evenings... before Christmas! After it's over they can feck off!

I hope this February is a happier one for you. xx

Thanks Posy xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

I quite like the early evenings but I also like the dark evenings in the winter. What I never liked was the dark mornings where it's only gradually getting sunny or clearer around 8am whereas in summer it's sunny from about 6am

My final Neighbour-Still-Has-Decorations-Up update for January 2014......*clears throat* so, our neighbour still has decorations up!!!

He did it. He made it to the end of the month. So, the question now is, which one of you lives beside me and is reading this :D

Its snowing like crazy here at the moment, I really hope it sticks.

Nite all x

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Am I the only weirdo who actually loves the dark evenings? Movies, jammies, early to bed, guilt-free chocolate, big fires etc etc I hate February, the last two years horrible things have happened, hoping its not 3 in a row :(

Nnooooo I love, love, love the dark evenings. I start work early so I go to bed early, in turn I hate going to bed when it's bright :D

Happy last day of this horrid month. I'll be happy to see the back of it.

Btw mayo girl.... I really want to kow what kind of decorations can you see :D

Yeah, get out in that snow and take a photo for us, Mayo Gurl! :D

• Advertisement

I'm a bad mommy. I woke the eldest (whos not old enough to be shook awake!) and took her out to see the snowfall last night. The sad face on her this morning when she looked out upstairs and could only see occasional patches in fields.....stupid rain.

ChewChew, he has three windows decorated, I presume they are his bedroom windows, he has an Angel - a Snowman - an Angel in each of the windows. They are about a foot and a half each. Then there are smaller bits placed round them. I'm not explaining this very well, but I think if I were to head over now with a camera there is a good chance ye might see me tonight on the Six One News :D

Advertisement