Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

The Tyson Fury podcast was enthralling, very open, very honest conversation, well worth a listen

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

D'Agger wrote: »
    The Tyson Fury podcast was enthralling, very open, very honest conversation, well worth a listen

To be honest the last couple have been amazing. It can be hit and miss with Joe but in the last year or so he’s really perfected the podcast. I’m even loving every Joey Diaz pod now, and I used instantly turn them off. Joe is out there on his own now, miles above anything else out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Latest one is hilarious. I'd never heard of these two guys. They created a bunch of fake academic papers to expose how nonacademic certain faculties across the US can be.

This is without doubt my favourite episode in a LONG time! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

D'Agger wrote: »

This was the best episode in ages. He even managed to keep Rogan quiet for most it.

I think it was labelled an MMA episode which makes no sense. Even if you're not a boxing fan I think a lot of people would find it very insightful.

Fury can be contradictory at the best of times but he seemed very genuine here. Highly recommended.

• Joe talks about chimps for a change with William Von Hippel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 NaiveMind5

Lawrence Lessig podcast definitely worth a listen, I read his book Republic Lost. He knows campaign finance corruption better than anyone. Was about to give up and Joe, the 3 Tom Papa podcasts in one month was just too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I am gone very choosy now on jre - yer man above didnt light my fire - holding out for more sam harris, graham hancock, ben shapiro, Jordan peterson, and duncan - where the hell are duncan and chris ryan!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I'm definitely gone very picky on JRE. Used to be I'd listen to everyone, now it's only the past guests I know I'll enjoy. Some newer guests, the stuff can get quite repetitive and the memes have ruined it on me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Bill Burr was hilarious last night. Funniest Rogan podcast in years.

• evil_seed wrote: »
    I'm definitely gone very picky on JRE. Used to be I'd listen to everyone, now it's only the past guests I know I'll enjoy. Some newer guests, the stuff can get quite repetitive and the memes have ruined it on me

The only ones I skip entirely are the MMA ones and the comedians I don't know. I love the random doctors I've never heard of. Even if they are talking complete nonsense its usually interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

The recent podcast with David Higgins was worth a listen, seems a mad man.

• Esse85 wrote: »
    The recent podcast with David Higgins was worth a listen, seems a mad man.

I presume you mean David Goggins? Complete lunatic. He facial expression are nuts. I'd like to read his book though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Kanye West podcast coming soon

• Registered Users Posts: 48 deep_dish

The meme about Kim's sex-tape is funny.

I don't think it will be a 3hr+ / I think it'll just be over an hour and, in the end, a bit of a disappointment.

evil_seed wrote: »

We all know that Kim Kardashian is saddled with a huge arse, but enough about Kayne West already!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

evil_seed wrote: »
    I'm not sure why so many people are excited about this one (Not saying you are)
    What is the man going to say that's interesting? Mans a fool (Insert he's not a fool, hes making money off everything he does etc etc)
    Perhaps I'm not his audience anymore but even the Elon Musk one I didn't find interesting. Musk basically gave no credit to anyone outside of himself for what Tesla have done. You can be sure hes surrounded himself with the best minds he can find, yet gives no one but himself credit.
    Also when its not scripted, the man is unexciting and to be honest a bore. Perhaps I've heard already about what Musk was laying down. For people who have never considered the future I guess I can see why it was of interest.

Not sure what Kanye will bring that will be of any interest. His political opinion? Who actually cares about that?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I think that Kanye's political opinions have not been questioned enough.
    From what I can gather, people see him wearing a Trump hat, and saying he supports things that Trump does.....so people form an opinion on this and the media takes it away and embellishes it.
    There is more under the surface, hopefully Rogan can get a chance to delve into this.
    But I think that Kanye will Kanye and just bang on about whatever is on his mind without stopping to dig into it more.

Kanye West is a hypocrite in general imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

seannash wrote: »
    What is the man going to say that's interesting? Mans a fool (Insert he's not a fool, hes making money off everything he does etc etc)
    Perhaps I'm not his audience anymore but even the Elon Musk one I didn't find interesting. Musk basically gave no credit to anyone outside of himself for what Tesla have done. You can be sure hes surrounded himself with the best minds he can find, yet gives no one but himself credit.
    Also when its not scripted, the man is unexciting and to be honest a bore. Perhaps I've heard already about what Musk was laying down. For people who have never considered the future I guess I can see why it was of interest.

Not sure what Kanye will bring that will be of any interest. His political opinion? Who actually cares about that?

He's a head the ball and it will be entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

dulux99 wrote: »
    He's a head the ball and it will be entertaining.
    Possibly in a "Lol, OMG, He Cray Cray" false teenage type of entertainment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭facehugger99

seannash wrote: »

Painful to listen to.

All JR's questions were variations on 'Why are you so amazing?'

All the answers followed the same format
    5 seconds of dead air followed by montone generic answer.

Ended up fast-forwarding through most of it after the first hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 deep_dish

I don't think anyone is really expecting or hoping that the Kanye episode is a deep, introspective mind-opening experience they'll listen to again and again. He's car crash and people want to see him go off on one. There'll be a few memorable quotes and memes but, it's Kanye. Don't believe the hype, yo.

• I presume you mean David Goggins? Complete lunatic. He facial expression are nuts. I'd like to read his book though.

Started listening to his audobook. It's quite good. It has podcast elements to it. He comments on the story in a more relaxed fashion at regular intervals.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,207 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I think that Kanye's political opinions have not been questioned enough.
    From what I can gather, people see him wearing a Trump hat, and saying he supports things that Trump does.....so people form an opinion on this and the media takes it away and embellishes it.
    There is more under the surface, hopefully Rogan can get a chance to delve into this.
    But I think that Kanye will Kanye and just bang on about whatever is on his mind without stopping to dig into it more.

Didn't he say he was "played" by trump and now he's back supporting him again? I think Kanye will just do whatever gets him most attention.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cienciano wrote: »
    Didn't he say he was "played" by trump and now he's back supporting him again? I think Kanye will just do whatever gets him most attention.

I believe he was turned off by the backlash he got. now he's back on Trump again.
    But I think it's supporting his methods and convictions rather than what he stands for....that's the type of thing I'd love to hear come out of that. Kanye just needs to explain himself better and hopefully Rogan can tease that out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Jonathan Haidt - author of the happiness hypothesis .. very interesting

• Jonathan Haidt - author of the happiness hypothesis .. very interesting

The statistics about young girls and social media are crazy. Huge spikes in self harm as of 2012 which he correlates to widespread smartphone use.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

The statistics about young girls and social media are crazy. Huge spikes in self harm as of 2012 which he correlates to widespread smartphone use.

I listened to that episode a couple of nights ago. Those statistics are shocking, it would frighten me if I had young daughters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I know ! extremely frightening!

I have just been sending this to other friends that are parents ..

• Advertisement

• Someone has clipped the part with the statistics. I want to send this on to my sister but I know she's a crazy worrier. Could do more harm than good.

Advertisement