Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EMPunk

JRE#1014
    Dave Smith-The guest on right now is great , alot of the morons floating around some sections of this board could do with giving it a listen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

#1109. Matthew Walker is Professor of Neuroscience and Psychology at the University of California, Berkeley, and Founder and Director of the Center for Human Sleep Science

One of the best guests I have heard on the JRE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Reebrock

JRE is easily my favourite podcast out there at the moment. Always an interesting listen even if I don't necessarily agree with all of his view points.

thebull85 wrote: »

one of the better fight companions of recent times, includes a heated exchange between joe jamie and eddie on the existence of nuclear weapons lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Turned it off when eddie Started - I actually cant deal with it anymore - it gives me a headache - And someone ALWAYS starts him off - Its actually usually Joe and then he gets thick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

ardinn wrote: »
    Turned it off when eddie Started - I actually cant deal with it anymore - it gives me a headache - And someone ALWAYS starts him off - Its actually usually Joe and then he gets thick!!
    Yeah but how do YOU know?

ardinn wrote: »

Have you looked into it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Back on track, that Matthew Walker episode was fantastic. Furthermore, the Fight Companion was great too aside from the last 45mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

This might be old news but did anyone see that Joe shut down his forum without giving any notice to the posters there. I never posted there myself but lurked from time to time and went looking for it the other night and ended up on a reddit thread with lots of people absolutely furious. There was a huge number of people posting on that forum, including Joe himself yet he shut it down without giving any notice whatsoever. Bad form really. I don't listen much anymore but based on that reddit thread they seemed to imply that Joe has "changed" alot over the past couple of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭snotboogie

dulux99 wrote: »
    This might be old news but did anyone see that Joe shut down his forum without giving any notice to the posters there. I never posted there myself but lurked from time to time and went looking for it the other night and ended up on a reddit thread with lots of people absolutely furious. There was a huge number of people posting on that forum, including Joe himself yet he shut it down without giving any notice whatsoever. Bad form really. I don't listen much anymore but based on that reddit thread they seemed to imply that Joe has "changed" alot over the past couple of years.

That forum was a dark, wierd but interesting place. It was sort of like the football365 forum before sky bought it. Since they had essentially no policy on trolling there was pages of crap but then you'd get the odd epic thread, usually where somebody was liveposting a particularly engaging moment of their life; I remember the guy who was forced to live out of his car and looked on it as a fun adventure but as the months went on it got more and more grim, the long time poster who got diagnosed with terminal cancer, the American poet who lived in Thailand and kept a spreadsheet on the hookers he'd been with and Anons running beef with Rogan where Joe ended up flying him to California. I wasn't a even a regular visitor but whenever I logged in I found it hard to look away. To be fair the world and the internet have moved on, you can see why Rogan wouldn't want his name attached to what was going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Adam Frank is a physicist, astronomer, and writer. His scientific research has focused on computational astrophysics with an emphasis on star formation and late stages of stellar evolution. His new book "Light of the Stars: Alien Worlds and the Fate of the Earth" is available now on Amazon.

Very interesting guy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Dave Rubin, good week for the JRE ..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,314 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

A pretty big week for the JRE:

I watched that live and found Elon and the whole podcast incredibly hard to watch, bordering on cringeworthy. Joe tried his best - failed - tried to get him drunk and stoned and still couldn't get him to flow. it still yuks me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I don’t think it was awkward, he just seemed to think about every answer instead blurting out the first thing that came to mind. I have to say, I really enjoyed it.

Watched this last night and actually really enjoyed it.

I do get the feeling Elon waw holding back an awful lot on certain subjects.

He knows a hell of a of a lot we dont.

I don’t think it was awkward, he just seemed to think about every answer instead blurting out the first thing that came to mind. I have to say, I really enjoyed it.

Agreed, the 30 mins or so on AI was especially brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

The Tulsi Gabbard interview was very interesting. Hadn't heard of her beforehand but she's an impressive lady.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The Elon Musk podcast was great, in the beginning Joe was trying to force it a bit, then he adjusted to how Elon thinks and talks and the conversation flowed much better.
    I was impressed by the ability to break down complicated sh*t into everyday English.

• Advertisement

Well Holy Fúckballs this is unreal - I started crying 10mins in

Jesus christ!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

It started out great but descended into a mess.

The guy is seriously messed up... understandably

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The Elon Musk podcast was great, in the beginning Joe was trying to force it a bit, then he adjusted to how Elon thinks and talks and the conversation flowed much better.
    I was impressed by the ability to break down complicated sh*t into everyday English.
    Thought it was his most cringey podcast so far. He didn’t grill Musk on a lot of his very questionable projects. Was disappointed with the brown nosing to be honest.

cournioni wrote: »
    Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Thought it was his most cringey podcast so far. He didn’t grill Musk on a lot of his very questionable projects. Was disappointed with the brown nosing to be honest.

You must have missed the Lance Armstrong one then! Rogan rarely grills guests, he’s not a journalist and doesn’t claim to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

I just listened to the Matthew Walker / Sleep Science episode and absolutely loved it.

What other recommended episodes would people here suggest?

JaMarcus wrote: »
    I just listened to the Matthew Walker / Sleep Science episode and absolutely loved it.

What other recommended episodes would people here suggest?

One of the funniest ever is 1000 with Joey Diaz. Absolutely hilarious, a lot of early Joey Diaz ones are amazing too, that man's life was mental.

Do you guys watch the Paulytoons series from the podcast? There's some gems!

Where the hell is Joe - Its been 12 days since a podcast! WTF - I cant sleep at all!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Really enjoyed Elon Musk podcast. Rogan has said himself that hes not there to grill guests but to have a conversation with them, I think he got some fascinating stuff from Musk. If you have ever seen Joe stick the knife in, he can really back you into a corner but then he will never get you back on the show again (check out first 30 mins with Brian Dunning).

He is a bit annoying sometimes and loves the sound of his own voice but nobody is perfect.

• Advertisement

• Latest one is hilarious. I'd never heard of these two guys. They created a bunch of fake academic papers to expose how nonacademic certain faculties across the US can be.

Advertisement