Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

Great podcast. Respect to Rogan, he's a rare one. Callen and Burt are my favourite regular guests.

Redban on the other hand has the brain of a 12 year old at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 purplestuff

Love the JRE!A lot of people **** on Redban but he does add to the show.He can be funny as **** sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PhatboyEire

olive garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

the show wouldnt be the same without Redban!those haters have a groundless basis for complaining!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Hands down the best podcast I've ever heard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ThatLadThere

Brilliant podcast, can't get enough of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

That last Shane Smith episode is arguably the best one I've ever heard and I've heard them all. Some crazy stuff going on out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Did anyone hear the latest episode of JRE(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCy_CbQTY7A)? 587 - Ron Finley, who came to fame via this TED talk on gorilla gardening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzZzZ_qpZ4w

Anyway, at around 1:42:36 they start talking about Festivals such as South by Southwest and how they don't offer any payment for there speakers and Ron mentioned that he was contacted by a group in Ireland(who he did not name) who host a south by south west like event(you all know the one) who wanted him to speak and take part in a panel for free, while other more famous "Rock Stars"(we all know who) get paid because they bring credibility and media attention to the event. Worth a listen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Did anyone hear the latest episode of JRE(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCy_CbQTY7A)? 587 - Ron Finley, who came to fame via this TED talk on gorilla gardening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzZzZ_qpZ4w

Anyway, at around 1:42:36 they start talking about Festivals such as South by Southwest and how they don't offer any payment for there speakers and Ron mentioned that he was contacted by a group in Ireland(who he did not name) who host a south by south west like event(you all know the one) who wanted him to speak and take part in a panel for free, while other more famous "Rock Stars"(we all know who) get paid because they bring credibility and media attention to the event. Worth a listen.

Yeah I saw someone else they invited go off on a rant about this on twitter a while ago. It's a fairly ridiculous scenario, charging over €1000 for tickets when you aren't going to pay the speakers. This is the type of thing I like shows such as JRE and Adam Carolla. They don't have the same corporate hangovers as other shows so they can say pretty much whatever they want on their show. Also helps to get rid of any sentiment that people such Ron Finley are loaded from going around doing these talks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

This blew my mind. So much in this, well worth a listen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 nate19841

I really like this podcast, my only criticism is the amount of guests he brings in repeatedly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Just started listening to this and im so hooked - The tom segura 758 (ish) is fall down funny - throatzilla - laughing my head off like a freak on a plane to italy while annoying every passenger on the plane for 3hrs!

Listening to stanhope here freaking out on a mushroom trip 163 - gold

Just started listening to this and im so hooked - The tom segura 758 (ish) is fall down funny - throatzilla - laughing my head off like a freak on a plane to italy while annoying every passenger on the plane for 3hrs!

Listening to stanhope here freaking out on a mushroom trip 163 - gold

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

fantastic podcast, interesting convo's about just about anything, my only problem is there are to many mma fighters on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Duncan Trussell is gas any time he is on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Duncan Trussell is gas any time he is on

Yeah I like Duncan but his voice can go through my head sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Yeah I like Duncan but his voice can go through my head sometimes.

& I think he's well aware of that himself! I've heard him describe his own voice numerous times as a raspy chain smoking lesbian trucker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 canny jock stewart

That joey diaz fella, does anyone find him remotely funny? joe bigs him up alot but hes just not funny IMO, give me ari or redban any day compared to dat fool

Dat mite sound ignorant but seriously I just don't get it

Dat mite be harsh but seriously I just don't get it

• Advertisement

Joey has some great stories and when he goes off on one I find it hilarious - Whatever your into tho!

ardinn wrote: »
    Joey has some great stories and when he goes off on one I find it hilarious - Whatever your into tho!

Yea whatever you're into is right and if hes on the podcast it's fine I don't have to listen, I suppose the thing that annoys me is hearing joe go on about what an amazing person he is when I personally don't see the attraction. it seems like every podcast regardless of the subject joe brings it up! but other that great podcast

Yea whatever you're into is right and if hes on the podcast it's fine I don't have to listen, I suppose the thing that annoys me is hearing joe go on about what an amazing person he is when I personally don't see the attraction. it seems like every podcast regardless of the subject joe brings it up! but other that great podcast

I get where joe is coming from though - If you watch a few of joey diaz you start to realize how genuine the guy is, and how much he cares about a lot of things and people, to the point im like "awww - he's so sweet"

He is also a flaming lunatic - the stories of him dealing crack to whitney houston are amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

ardinn wrote: »
    I get where joe is coming from though - If you watch a few of joey diaz you start to realize how genuine the guy is, and how much he cares about a lot of things and people, to the point im like "awww - he's so sweet"

He is also a flaming lunatic - the stories of him dealing crack to whitney houston are amazing!

This, amazing story.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I only recently started listening to this pod. I find it to a be a mixed bag.

Joe is a hard character for me to make my mind on. On one hand, I find that he can have some very insightful things to say, from time to time, and can be a very astute judge of people. And, I do like how the shows are lengthy and people can really have a free flowing conversation that isn't hamstrung by paying attention to the clock.

However, by the two hour mark I'm a bit tired of him, not his guest or the show - him.

He strikes me as a very stupid smart person: he knows plenty and can talk a lot and he occasionally hits the nail on the head, but he waffles an unreal amount. He seems to be obsessed with Wolves and other such macho nonsense; (brain pills? If you buy that crap, you probably do need them!) it's been a common listening experience, for me, to hear a potential interesting tangent of conversation, brought up by the guest, to be suddenly erased, as Joe wants to talk about his buddy; who was nearly killed by an Elk or whatever.

Sometimes his snap judgements on things are painful to endure. I listened to his show with Louis Theroux, and Louis talked about his experiences making documentaries with and about Travellers. Joe clearly wouldn't know a Traveller from a hole in the ground, but that didn't stop him giving his view of them; it was cringeworthy stuff.

Also, what is with all the conspiracy guff? JFK is never far from being mentioned, and although I haven't heard him mention Aliens explicitly yet, it's surely bound to happen. Sometimes the abundance of tinfoil hat crapola can be an advantage - The first hour of his show with Neil Degrasse Tyson was a systematic shredding by the guest of the "moon landing was a hoax" theory. Joe was full of, "I'm not saying I believe this", but he did seem to know an awful lot about a conspiracy he supposedly didn't believe in...

There is loads on aliens - just wait haha - Yes I agree with the stupid smart person comment - but I dont get hung up on it - I dont mind him waffling but I am getting tired of him telling the same stories about archery etc to 10 different guests! But all in all It's a turn your head off pod with occasional brilliance. Its funny as fúck too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭take everything

Just listened to the podcast.
    He's a very honest and open-minded guy.
    Really enjoyed listening to him while sipping coffee for a couple of hours today. Very therapeutic.

Just listened to the podcast.
    He's a very honest and open-minded guy.
    Really enjoyed listening to him while sipping coffee for a couple of hours today. Very therapeutic.
    which one was it?top tip:don't listen to more than 2 hunting ones, there good at first but go downhill very fast.

have to say tho, joe annoys me at times but i wouldnt have him any other way, great podcast and great guests (most of the time)

Ps jamie is the man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Great podcast! I've been listening for a few months now, usually on my commute or in work. I must look demented some times listening to it, I rarely watch or look at anything that makes me laugh out loud, this show regularly!

• Advertisement

Ok so does anyone remember a guy talking about reading a book on illness and how he learned to overcome whatever he had by using techniques he read in the book? Its somewhere between 850 and 890 but I cant find it for the life of me - i wanted the name of the book!

Advertisement