Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst song ever?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Mr blobby song still gives me nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

stick-dan wrote: »
    THE FAST FOOD song, damn thing drove me bonkers!!

Jesus what a pile of shíte!

Possibly topped by this masterpiece however - it's close though.

Des'ree - Life

Lyrics
    Life, oh life, oh life, oh life,
    Doo, doot doot dooo.
    Doo, doot dooo

I'm afraid of the dark,
    Especially when I'm in a park
    And there's no-one else around,
    Oh, I get the shivers

I don't want to see a ghost,
    It's a sight that I fear most
    I'd rather have a piece of toast
    And watch the evening news

etc etc - it doesn't get any better to be honest so i'll spare you the rest!:D
    Lady in Red by Chris DeBurgh. Barf!

You leave Chris alone - I had my first ever smooch to that song with the lovely Michelle in the roller disco in Crumlin - damn she was gorgeous.
    Good times.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

robinbird wrote: »
    Am I human
    Or am I dancer

Always bothered me more that any other lyric.

Had a guy in my office who used to think there was some deep meaning to this that only a chosen few (including himself) actually got.
    I just thought it was shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Hard to get worse that this:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Seamai wrote: »
    Had a guy in my office who used to think there was some deep meaning to this that only a chosen few (including himself) actually got.
    I just thought it was shíte.

You were right.;)

Pretentious wankology is all it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Ishmael wrote: »
    Hard to get worse that this:

How does something like that even get released. Extreme hipsters might like it but sheesh!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

American Pie and Brown Eyed Girl.
    Both piles of wedding fare drivel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Life - Agreed, terrible
    4 non blondes - agreed, terrible

Add
    Starship - we built this city
    Anything by 2 Unlimited
    Anything by Scooter
    Anything by the Spice Girls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

How does something like that even get released. Extreme hipsters might like it but sheesh!

Rumour I heard was that their father was involved in the music industry back in the day, not sure how much truth to that there is though.

• No harm to Delores, and I do like The Cranberries, but there's a tune of theirs which I can't forget whenever a topic like this comes up...

The thing I'm actually clinging to and mildly liking is not even original, The Smiths' Johnny Marr did it so much better. Then those 'gunshots' at the end, straight from a GEM CD1 keyboard with the sound quality, and wholly derivative and unimaginative from a writing POV.

All good bands and songwriters have at least one dud in their arsenal somewhere, but I really feel this is a terrible garage band effort and it should never have seen the light of day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bonny!

:eek::eek::eek:
    Keyboards by John Shuttleworth sounds like.

^^ That is the worst song ever.

Remember The Cheeky Girls and The Cheeky Song? Another contender. Every second word was cheeky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

The Living Years - Mike and The Mechanics.
    Makes me change the station every time.

bonny! wrote: »
    ^^ That is the worst song ever.

Remember The Cheeky Girls and The Cheeky Song? Another contender. Every second word was cheeky :D

Okay, that's worse than the Spice Girls! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Black eyed peas.
    The one where they count and then list the days of the week. Far an away the most horrendous song continuously played on airwaves. A close second is Beyoncé crazy in love, it’s once an hour on pretty much every station. Awful stuff.

Black eyed peas.
    The one where they count and then list the days of the week. Far an away the most horrendous song continuously played on airwaves. A close second is Beyoncé crazy in love, it’s once an hour on pretty much every station. Awful stuff.

Video makes up for a terrible song and besides she has a lot more ****e than that, namely "If I were a boy"!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Don McClean-American Pie.

Madonna - American Pie

Fixed that for ya :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Ah heyor. There’s a difference between a bad song and one that’s been overplayed. Overruled :-)

My contender: Kiss me by Sixpence None the Richer. It’s not the worse pop nonsense I’ve heard, but that chord sequence is absolutely awful: C C7M C7 C7M C . That’s the kind of shíte you come up with when you’re 13 and learning how to play.

(Or else anything by the Gallagher brothers whom I loathe, detest, and despise as musicians and as people.)

Oink wrote: »
    Ah heyor. There’s a difference between a bad song and one that’s been overplayed. Overruled :-)

My contender: Kiss me by Sixpence None the Richer. It’s not the worse pop nonsense I’ve heard, but that chord sequence is absolutely awful: C C7M C7 C7M C . That’s the kind of shíte you come up with when you’re 13 and learning how to play.

(Or else anything by the Gallagher brothers whom I loathe, detest, and despise as musicians and as people.)

Is that you Damon Albarn?! :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Is that you Damon Albarn?! :pac:

It’s been 15 years.
    Do you want a 14 page rant comparing Blur/Gorillaz/Mali music to Oasis?
    Because that’s how you get a 14 page rant comparing Blur/Gorillaz/Mali music to Oasis.

New song. “Let’s get down to Business”.
    Don’t make me come out there and slap you, 2FM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

The LA's - There she goes.

The entire song is just a single chorus repeated with a middle 8 thrown in to break up the tedium.

Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman. So bad it's actually good.

Sweet Home Alabama - Read the actual lyrics sometime!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinbird

"Am I human or am I dancer?"

In my opinion the worst lyric ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

robinbird wrote: »
    "Am I human or am I dancer?"

In my opinion the worst lyric ever.

Truly awful but you've overlooked a worse one --

'Have you ever felt like a plastic bag"?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Chauncey Gardner

Interested readers should check out Jonathan Kings back catalogue. He’s in a different league. And that’s not to mention his own “criminal” record.

I suggest you start with his appearance on Top Of The Pops with “One For You, One for Me”. Have a sick bag handy.

Advertisement