Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

what group/unit/troop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Im a Cub leader in 32nd rathgar for nearly 5 yrs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Geg124

Im currently in the scouts. 17th Dalkey is my troop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Brownie, Girl Guide, Ranger and Young Leader with Castle Guides in Kilkenny...been a member for 13 years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Polly19

Young leader for three years with The Triogue Brownie Pack in Portlaoise.Finished up with it twi years ago when I moved to Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Beaver --- Ventures in 115th Ballinteer (Dublin). Think the region is Three Rock County.
    ASL in scouts, then set up my own scout troop, then disappeared for a bit, then became an ASL in a cub pack... now I'm just floating fancy free in that void where people go to recharge their batteries.
    Did the explorer belt in Germany awhile back... its one of those legend things that I encourage everyone to do.

Oh... and someone mentioned an old Ballinteer scouttroop? Dunno if its a differant Ballinteer somewhere else in the country, but there has only ever been 115th Ballinteer in this area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

1st Kildare, 2nd Celbridge. Although quite how that actually worked no one really understood.

Not in it anymore though, although my sister is the Scout Leader there now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭cannonballkid

Was in beavers, Cubs and scouts. Helped out a lot in Cubs and scouts. Now im not in it but hope to go back. In clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

Cub/Scout/Venturer/ Scout Leader and Deputy Group Leader with 1st Dublin Fairview.

Always lookin out for new leaders by the way, so if anyone wants to ease themselves back into scouting after an absence, Gimme a shout.

Heres our website : www.fairviewscouts.ie . Dont mention the lack of updates, we'll get around to it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭familyguy

1st Wicklow/2nd Dublin (Greystones, Former CSI)

We were the first CSI unit in Ireland.

I've done it all: Beavers; Cubs; Scouts; currently in Ventures, and helping out as a Junior Leader with Scouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Da SPl

Name: Barry Kennedy
    Group: 23rd Limerick

I've been a beaver, cub, scout and now i'm a venturer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Was a scout and leader with 142nd Esker, savage (not really but it seemed like it at the time) rivalry with 23rd Lucan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

was a Scout and Cub leader with the 16th Clare, Quin, now a Cub / Scout leader with 1st Galway!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

former cub, scout an venturer of 48th newtownpark :3

I remember when our unit was all girls...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 tumeltyni

Was a brownie in Rathfarnham a loooooooong time ago...
    Then switched to CGI Guides in Templeogue. No rangers at the time, so went into 81st Venturers, Terenure, while helping as a junior leader in 37th Templeogue. Now back as a leader in Templeogue and still loving it!

--
    www.spanglefish.com/templeogueguides

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 EBrohoon

Well i was a Brígín,Guide and now a leader in Terenure Girl Guides CGI.
    Been in the company since i was 6 and now i get my 5 year leader pin this year :D im well impressed 5 years and going strong....

Started a Ranger company last Friday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 tumeltyni

Well fancy seeing you here! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 EBrohoon

I know its shockin :D

Maybe you can help im having a kinda competition with a friend of mine, Scout leader of course, we are trying to come up with the best 100 campfire songs of all times :o and he's saying all the best one's are scouts songs so u can see where im going from this :p

I need some truely brilliant amazing campfire songs
    so...................................................................

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Was in beavers, macaoimh and scouts in the 41st Passage, Cork. Then went to Venturers in the St Finbarrs Unit, Sout Parish. Leader of the venturers now, good times... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Just intrested to see what troup everyones Involved with,

Myself, i'm with 47th ballybrack, now a scout leader, was a beaver,cub,scout,venture,cub leader and now a scout leader.

been involved with the 47th ballybrack since i was 6 ( 14 years).

we were very SAI, (The Last SAI Cheif scout, Donald harvey) was in our troup.

Name: Brian O Carroll
    Unit: 1st Meath Dunboyne

Beaver, Cub, Scout, Cub Leader, <long gap>, recently rejoined as a scout leader. (just spent the weekend in the Comeraghs Sionnach - bit sore today but great weekend)

Agent Smith - I remember Don - sound man! Shared a bottle of Glenfiddich with him and a couple of others in "the middle room" in Dunboyne Scouts den one night many years ago :D I also recall a joint-trip of some kind with us and Ballybrack. Don't rememeber any names/details anymore but there was a guy there (whom I was on Peak with) who played a mean Stairway on guitar. Name might have been Cian??? Any recollection of this trip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm not involved any more :o

But I was a Beaver, Cub, Scout, Venturer and Beaver Leader in 160th Ardlea, St. Brigid's Region.

My brother and sister are still involved as leaders, Scouts and Cubs respectively.

I'd like to be involved again, but just haven't got the time. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

seansouth wrote:
    I'm not involved any more :o

But I was a Beaver, Cub, Scout, Venturer and Beaver Leader in 160th Ardlea, St. Brigid's Region.

My brother and sister are still involved as leaders, Scouts and Cubs respectively.

I'd like to be involved again, but just haven't got the time. :(

A friend of frank castles then so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Beaver>cub>scout>venturer>scout leader and Rover >Rover
    all in Donnybrook

23 now, think i started at about 8, so been at the scoutin for a while. Took a break from the leadering last year, i'll go back eventually:D
    Kingp35 wrote:
    Troop: 17th Dalkey

Was a cub, scout and venturer and also a cub leader for a bit. I am setting up a rovers section at the moment.

How'd the rovers work out for u king? yis still goin at all? I know there's been a few started and vanished over the years, not in contact with any other active crews at the mo.

Started ours up again Sept '05, stil exists(if only just), everybody's just got too much other stuff going on, think thats always been the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

was a scout in 35th grange for a good few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭glenn3ie

Name: Glenn Webster
    Group: 158th Dublin (Castleview)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dshalloo

Dave Shalloo 55th Cork

Beaver, Cub, Scout, Venture (currently) Assit Beaver Leader

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

Name: Adam Doherty
    Group: 48th Newtownpark

Cub -> Scout -> Venture -> Scout Leader -> Beaver/Scout Leader -> Beaver/Cub/Scout Leader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

Name: Kris Walsh

I kinda float around groups, 160th Ardlea and 105th Cork are my main 2

i was a wee beaver, cub, scout, venture and workin on bein a scouter!! yeo

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Shoie

Now
    Blackrock, 29th Dublin

Previous
    Creggan, 1st/2nd/3rd Derry
    Portmarnock, 120th Dublin

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 235 ✭✭Mullet

Was a Cub/Scout in 46th Dublin IWA now renamed 46th Trinity were i am a Beaver Leader

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

3rd flight air scouts (think we were the only air scouts in Ireland) in swords, venturer, then cub scout leader

Advertisement