Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

“The Book People” Clearance sale plus extra 35% off code

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

To the best of my knowledge, Fastway drivers are actually all independent franchise operators rather than employees, so it probably depends on the driver involved rather than any sort of Fastway company policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

1st of 3 orders dispatched today. Ordered 4th March. 2 out of 6 books not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

Got dispatch mail, ordered 3rd March 3 of 9 items out of stock, but glad we're getting some stuff in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Another week gone, still nothing regarding my March 3rd order. Disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭R11

Caranica wrote: »
    Another week gone, still nothing regarding my March 3rd order. Disappointing

It'll come.... But be prepared to have cancelled items. They've clearly made a balls of their stock take

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Ordered 5th March and just got a dispatch email today..... 2 items on the order cancelled but everything else should arrive ... great bargains even if it took months to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Got my shipping email, all books on the way :)

R11 wrote: »
    It'll come.... But be prepared to have cancelled items. They've clearly made a balls of their stock take

That's the annoying thing. Last few weeks people have been missing one item, this week almost everyone has said they've had two cancelled items. Who knows what that will be up to by the time they get to my order!

Caranica wrote: »
    That's the annoying thing. Last few weeks people have been missing one item, this week almost everyone has said they've had two cancelled items. Who knows what that will be up to by the time they get to my order!

Yeh, and its very annoying that some who ordered on the 10th, 9th,8th,7th, 6th, 5th or 4th of March got theirs before us that ordered on the 3rd. I know company in administration but surely you process orders by date..... People ordering a week after us getting theirs last week is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I have a trakpak / fastway message in my junk mail today... but no dispatch mail from book people, so I don't know which order it is or whether it is complete or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

How do you work that out?

Have a read through all the posts, maybe one in ten has had one or two items out of stock out of 10-15 ordered.

If you were ever in a place that needed to do stocktakes, you'd find that they are always out by a certain amount. Mainly due to human error.

I reckon that they are delivering 95% of items.

I got 100% delivery today. It was 23 different items. (about 100 books as most were sets)

I've yet to see any of the doomsday scenarios some posters forecasted. (they seem to have gone very quiet now)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Girl_harbour

I ordered 14 things. 4 cancelled,finally got my tracking email. Ordered on march 3rd like most posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

Similar, ordered 14 things and 5 cancelled, got my dispatch email last night at 1:30am! Ordered on march 3rd like most posters.
    Gotta feel like others that some of my books have been used to fulfill orders placed after mine. The proportion of cancelled books seems to be getting higher as the dispatch date goes on.

Darc19 wrote: »
    How do you work that out?)

Just had a quick look back through this thread. Since 22nd March, 11 posters have had something cancelled, some had 5 items cancelled. I just think that's bad form. I've ordered online from many places, some big companies, some small... Never once did I get an item cancelled, after placing an order. If its not in stock, it will show this. Surely, if there's 50 Roald Dahl booksets (or whatever) available, and customer number 51 goes to place an order, the system should say "not available".
    Orders placed on March 10th being delivered before orders on March 2nd and 3rd?? How is that happening? I know they're in administration but seems to me that they're all over the place.
    Anyway, that's just my opinion. Hopefully myself and everyone else gets all or most of their orders.... Soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Just had a quick look back through this thread. Since 22nd March, 11 posters have had something cancelled, some had 5 items cancelled. I just think that's bad form. I've ordered online from many places, some big companies, some small... Never once did I get an item cancelled, after placing an order. If its not in stock, it will show this. Surely, if there's 50 Roald Dahl booksets (or whatever) available, and customer number 51 goes to place an order, the system should say "not available".
    Orders placed on March 10th being delivered before orders on March 2nd and 3rd?? How is that happening? I know they're in administration but seems to me that they're all over the place.
    Anyway, that's just my opinion. Hopefully myself and everyone else gets all or most of their orders.... Soon.

They were taking 5,000 orders a day. They were not replenishing stock.

Most stores would replenish stock when it reaches a certain level, thus avoiding out of stock caused by small errors in stock counting.

Christ the moaning that goes on from some people is crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Darc19 wrote: »
    They were taking 5,000 orders a day. They were not replenishing stock.

Most stores would replenish stock when it reaches a certain level, thus avoiding out of stock caused by small errors in stock counting.

Christ the moaning that goes on from some people is crazy

To be fair, it's a standard feature in every ecommerce system to be able to turn off stock replenishment and just offer what is currently in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

So excited.. finally a big box from my 200 euro order arrived today...... thought there must be about 50 books in this thing.. but no.....full of air bags and hidden in the middle one book that cost 2 euros and 96 cents !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    So excited.. finally a big box from my 200 euro order arrived today...... thought there must be about 50 books in this thing.. but no.....full of air bags and hidden in the middle one book that cost 2 euros and 96 cents !

:pac:

The Trakpak site gives you the weight of each parcel, FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭gipi

Books were delivered today! Just waiting for the refund for the cancelled book - I guess they won't process refunds until they get confirmation of delivery of the rest of the order?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Delivered today, ordered 3rd March. Phew!!
    Thanks OP, great bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Got the email on the 29th of May. Ordered 6th of March. All 5 collections ordered are included.
    The Trackpak system says it departed Book People on the 21st of March.
    Delivery is with fastway. Hopefully gets here in next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 blueft

I placed an order on 22 Mar, 17books. Yes, I was very slow. One book came a week after that, another one came just last week. Wondered if I get one by one like this until their stock run out. How many can I get.. Delivery cost me 10e ish. 10e delivery fee for those 2 books isn't bargain..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

Order from 4 March on its way!! Nothing cancelled, lots of collections too. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

Order from the 6th of March on its way with no cancellations :)

I emailed them again today (no reply to email sent 3 weeks ago) and they came back immediately. Suspect it's a copy and paste response, order is being prepared for dispatch, can't give timeline. 12 weeks waiting now

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Ordered 3rd March and mine eventually arrived today. One set of three books not in stock and will be refunded. The other five sets arrived intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Well, some good news this evening, for an order placed on March 8. Two separate emails saying two packages are on the way. I've nothing to say what's included and what's not (that must come separately?) but one package weighs just under 8 kg and the other is 2.5 kg, so it must have just about everything.

Have filled out the 'request address change' form with Fastway for both of them, and said I can drive to depot too, if they phone me....here's hoping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Ordered 4th March, received an email today from Trakpak, but parcel only 1kg so I guess not much is going to make it.
    Nothing from The Book People themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭petejmk

Has anyone else's order details disappeared from the TrackPak tracking page?

• Advertisement

mcgovern wrote: »
    Ordered 4th March, received an email today from Trakpak, but parcel only 1kg so I guess not much is going to make it.
    Nothing from The Book People themselves.

I had a similar one today (ordered March 3rd) but my box is 5.5kg so fingers crossed. Says departed The Book People on the 8th of May, arrived Trakpak depot 28 May, arrived Ireland, presented to customs today.

So it looks like I should have received a dispatch email weeks ago (which I didn't, have been checking spam regularly too) so I'm hopeful that the order is complete given the weight of the box. Time will tell.

Advertisement