Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nascar 2019/2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Hamlin wins after a last-lap (lap 209!), last-straight incident between Blaney and Newman sends Newman up and over; then gets hit directly in the driver's side front window by another car.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,498 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I backed Hamlin but I'm gutted for Ryan Newman who I backed at 40/1. Also had Stenhouse Jr. and Byron.
    Hamlin is the king of Daytona though. Since 2012 he has finished 4th, 14th, 2nd, 4th, 1st, 17th, 3rd, 1st, 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Hopefully Newman is ok, but it looks bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭guyfo

That was truly horrific to watch, it seemed to go on forever. Let's hope there is good news soon regarding Ryan Newman.

Edit: Newman is in serious but non-life threatening condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Just saw this. Terrible accident. Must admit I didn't think it was that bad at first. I've seen many spectacular crashes at Daytona/Talledega and drivers always seemed to walk away. The slow motion close up shot really shocked me though. Absolute brutal hit into the drivers side. Good to hear he's awake and talking, but sounds like a long recovery ahead. Fingers crossed for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Fantastic news - Ryan Newman is fully alert and up and walking about his hospital room .

A picture has been released of a smiling Ryan with his 2 daughters in his hospital room.

I feared the worst when I saw the accident on Monday night , the only relief being that the survival cell was pretty much intact.

How Nascar reacts is to be seen ,Nascar,Joe Gibbs and Denny Hamlin have apologised for celebrating the win ,Denny being roundly booed by the crowd.

Facts are though that the seeds of the current racing go back to 1988 so change is unlikely. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Been a busy few days in NASCAR land. First Bubba Wallace loses sponsors for rage quitting an official (I think) NASCAR iRacing event, then Kyle Larson gets the sack for using the N-word on his Twitch stream of a different event.

Been a busy few days in NASCAR land. First Bubba Wallace loses sponsors for rage quitting an official (I think) NASCAR iRacing event, then Kyle Larson gets the sack for using the N-word on his Twitch stream of a different event.
    He got suspended by Nascar, sacked by his team and lost his two main sponsors.
    It'll play out like this. No car this year, does the mandatory course, gets an Xfinity ride next season as he spends time visiting troubled teens and the likes telling them how awful racism is and then gets a ride in the Cup series again with a bit of a redemption story where it will be made clear that he didn't understand his actions but has learned a hard lesson and is actively involved in trying to prevent people doing things like this.

Nascar is planning to return on May 17th in Darlington with mid week races and Charlotte the following weekend.

Race behind closed doors with 'one' day races

Ryan Newman has fully recovered from his horrific crash and will be ready to go when NASCAR returns.
    It's amazing that one of the critical things that saved him from being a lit worse was the Newman bar which is a safety bar he suggested should be in all NASCAR frames. All teams agreed and placed it in the cars.

• Advertisement

Darlington 400 about to start - Nascar effectively setting the template for motor sports worldwide.

National Anthem done on line with the drivers all wearing masks.

Let's go racing !

And Stenhouse wrecks !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I didn't know it was back. Thank jebus there's something back on. Now off to find it....

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    I didn't know it was back. Thank jebus there's something back on. Now off to find it....

Another round/race at Darlington on Wednesday night !

Harvick was impressive tonight and Alex Bowman has improved a lot this season.

Some amount of cautions last night. No practice or qualifying sessions resulting in no rubber being laid down. Interesting race all the same!

astrofluff wrote:
    Some amount of cautions last night. No practice or qualifying sessions resulting in no rubber being laid down. Interesting race all the same!
    Yeah and Wednesday could be totally different if there's no rain between now and then. There's an Xfinity race the night before it so plenty of of rubber will have been laid down.

One lap qualifying for the Coca-Cola 600 starting now. No practice just the one lap.
    Race is later, I think it's 11pm or thereabouts.

Been busy all day so nice to sit down and find this is on. Don't think I'll make staying awake for the whole race but at least it's real racing and not steamed i-racing.

Edit: sh!te, it just started raining...

Clear skies now thankfully.

Well, I couldn't stay up to watch it but got a nice recap from YT.

• Advertisement

Nascar disqualify a car/driver !

Jimmy Johnson has been disqualified from 2nd for a technical infringement on his car.

Next race - Wednesday - Earlier hours of Thursday morning here

There's an Xfinity race tonight. There's a truck race in Tuesday night too. Kyle Busch is in both. Chase Elliott goes in the truck race too, I think he'll be looking to wreck Kyle in that, it'd be payback for last Wednesday and he'll be after the bounty as well.

NASCAR delivering a great race tonight. 20 to go. Come on Chase Elliott!!!

astrofluff wrote: »
    NASCAR delivering a great race tonight. 20 to go. Come on Chase Elliott!!!

That ending was no surprise ! - well apart from the winner

Red flag on day 2 in Talledega. I'm not sure if they'll get this race finished this week looking at the weather.

A noose was found in Bubba Wallace's team garage. I'd love to get my hands on the scum that did this.
    A plane towing a Confederate flag flew over Talladega with a defund Nascar message. More scum.

Back racing - interesting top 15 at the moment

This is fantastic bump drafting. Three rows. Only a matter of time before it gets too aggressive and ends in a big wreck.

Wow, Chase Elliott spins and doesn't collect anybody. That's highly unusual at Talledega.

Logano in the 22, just do not like him - totally blocked Chase. I really like Chase, but now I'm turning to Bubba to see if he can get up front tonight.

• Advertisement

astrofluff wrote:
    Logano in the 22, just do not like him - totally blocked Chase. I really like Chase, but now I'm turning to Bubba to see if he can get up front tonight.
    Looks like Keselowski was responsible for that.

Advertisement