Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fake watch busters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Sad thing is that he has 82 (and 100% feedback) :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I will see if I can leave some feedback....adverts need to nuke these chancers. And no I dont want to know where better patek fakes can be found thank you.

--- edit job done ---

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

Lolled

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

I will see if I can leave some feedback....adverts need to nuke these chancers. And no I dont want to know where better patek fakes can be found thank you.

--- edit job done ---

Feedback removed, just report the ad, we'll take care of it from there

• Advertisement

Spocker wrote: »
    Feedback removed, just report the ad, we'll take care of it from there

I did report first, but what about the next buyer and the next fake item. What about this high likely hood the perfume he is selling is fake, and that adverts may have facilitated selling other fake goods. I applaud Adverts for have a 0% tolerance for fakes (if not it would just be the clown show that is donedeal) but you have to red card these scammers to make it a trustworthy platform for the genuine sellers.

This guys problem here was that he priced it too low. If he came on here with a "good" fake Submariner and fake box and papers priced at €6500 he could get away Scott free with his good feedback and selling history, and nothing there to warn a future buyer. He will delete the picture and details off that add as son as its sold or withdrawn.

Its your area to police but as a long time and trusted buyer and seller on adverts I would appreciate you consider these points.

Why are all comments deleted from adds after a set period?

History of a seller is lost a lot by this action.

This guys problem here was that he priced it too low. I

Yeah, this is a €2.5m watch for sale at €200. If he priced it at a more believable €1.8m he would have got away with it

Cienciano wrote: »
    Yeah, this is a €2.5m watch for sale at €200. If he priced it at a more believable €1.8m he would have got away with it

Brilliant one there, you left the "I" in "if" in the quote after deleting the sentence afterwards :cool:

You should PM that fellow ask him where he get his stuff, sound like you guys would get along great.

Cienciano wrote: »

You can’t just take a sentence out of context like that. When it was qualified with the next point regarding a submariner at 6.5k from a seller with good feedback is dangerous.

• Advertisement

Joking aside, I think the best thing to do is report the ad and let the adverts mods deal with it. They have enough to deal with and their own sets of rules. They don't need us lecturing them on what they should or shouldn't be doing.

But fair play to 893bet for screenshotting that one, possibly the worst (or best) yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,468 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Was browsing Reddit earlier and stumbled onto r/Chinatime

The sheer breadth of fakery at the "low" end of the scale is breathtaking in its scope.

One lad was showing of his fake Seiko, I knew from a chat on her around December that Casio were being faked too but the amount of tat looky likes that people are buying is bloody mental.

Grand Seiko fakes, Casio's, they have a thread requesting fake FP Journé...
    And it's likely going to happen!

It was dodgy enough with "high quality" but now they are faking everything.
    There has to be some point where risk/reward/margin cross to make $15 fakes profitable.

Just as an example, and because I'm the 1st to moan about no pics :P

515135.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

banie01 wrote: »

The sheer breadth of fakery at the "low" end of the scale is breathtaking in its scope.

One lad was showing of his fake Seiko, I knew from a chat on her around December that Casio were being faked too but the amount of tat looky likes that people are buying is bloody mental.

There has to be some point where risk/reward/margin cross to make $15 fakes profitable.

That's a decent copy. From a counterfeiter's perspective it makes a lot more sense to knock out entry level knock offs, less scrutiny, less discerning buyers more willing to buy online unseen. The indices, lume pip and font on date wheel are wrong. The chapter wheel and bezel ring are too straight for a Seiko :p

david wrote: »
    That's a decent copy. From a counterfeiter's perspective it makes a lot more sense to knock out entry level knock offs, less scrutiny, less discerning buyers more willing to buy online unseen. The indices, lume pip and font on date wheel are wrong. The chapter wheel and bezel ring are too straight for a Seiko :p

I'll be the 1st to admit, I know absolutely nothing about Seiko divers but with them climbing in popularity and price!

It's another watch on my check very carefully list.

banie01 wrote: »

chinatime is where you'll see the €7 nomos! Most of the cheaper (under 100 euro) reps are terrible although I've never seen a rep Seiko. I'd almost get one just to see what it's like.
    Grand seikos are available, but extremely uncommon in the rep world as they're bought for the amazing craftmanship where the rolex is bought for the brand name. You'll see subs everywhere, probably makes up half the rep world.

The beauty of chinatime is people know they're shít but don't mind. People wearing €13 iced out royal oaks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Was it not the movement on that Seiko wrong too. How was the date wheel wrong?
    Thanks

Was it not the movement on that Seiko wrong too. How was the date wheel wrong?
    Thanks
    Possibly - I've no idea what movement is in that. Seiko movements are cheap, it isn't beyond belief that they could include a legit 4R36.

The font is way different on a genuine Seiko date wheel, the 6 is the giveaway - compare to this:

515151.jpg

Possibly - I've no idea what movement is in that. Seiko movements are cheap, it isn't beyond belief that they could include a legit 4R36.

The font is way different on a genuine Seiko date wheel, the 6 is the giveaway - compare to this:
    Datewheel font is probably the most common fault among reps, no surprise there

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Can't make out the difference in the date.old eyes are not the best. Your link has a 4r36 which it should be. First one has an nh3 something or other!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Very easy to get caught out with that if it was a realistic price . Hang tags and everything there , dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Look at the paper work and warranty cards my 6 year old could produce better !

Got to be a fugazi

How much was it up for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

€380

hitemfrank wrote: »
    €380

Thanks Frank, Ad was nuked by the time I clicked it.
    Didn't know if someone was trying to pass off a fake at a genuine's price ;)

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Fake TAG Heuer link here

https://www.adverts.ie/20605013

Seller said it’s worth €5600 but he only wants €1500 which is fair nice of him
    The model number he’s given is for a TAG Heuer 2000 exclusive
    The writing on the dial is all wrong, it’s making my head hurt looking at it

The model number of the watch it’s meant to be is CT115A

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Tag%20Heuer/Link/CT511A.BA0564/1023/item/161138
    Nuked it now, thanks for the heads up

Aaaaannnnnndddddddd.
    it's
    gone

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭FlicFlak

• Advertisement

It’s a ****ter

Advertisement