Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rear wheel out of true

Options
  • 31-05-2020 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

My rear wheel is out of true - not so much that it is rubbing against the brake pads (which are pretty close to the point of needing to be replaced), but definitely enough to need sorting. I don't notice any difference when I am cycling.

I'm not confident enough to do it myself without making a pigs arse of it, and the earliest the bike shop will take it is next Monday 8th. Should I stop using it until it is sorted or is it ok to keep going till next week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭kirving

In theory, you're putting more stress on some spokes than others, and so you're more likely to break one.

That said, if your brakes are reasonably tight and it's not hitting the pads, you should be fine until next week.

Advertisement