Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Blindboy Podcast

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I might have to listen - even though BB has long disappeared up his own posterior - Eddie Lenihan is great.

He's gonna start streaming video games while commentating and he said during a test on instagram, "I don't want to say I'm playing this game, I intend to mindfully explore the game as
    a contemplative state", although it was difficult to make out what he saying as he was so far up his own arse

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NeftDaslari

Arghus wrote: »
    I might have to listen - even though BB has long disappeared up his own posterior - Eddie Lenihan is great.

Eddie has a monthly podcast where he's just talking to himself - worth a listen to his stories!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Eddie has a monthly podcast where he's just talking to himself - worth a listen to his stories!

Thanks for that info. I will check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭briany

I've heard that Eddie Lenihan podcast. It's not bad but he has a tendency to fill his stories with uninteresting detail. He can be one of these people where you ask him the time and he'll tell you how the clock is made.

What his podcast needs is a cohost who puts questions to him off the top of his head or from listeners and keeps him on topic. There's a tonne of questions you'd want to ask someone like Eddie and I thought Blindboy did a fine job in that regard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

He's gonna start streaming video games while commentating and he said during a test on instagram, "I don't want to say I'm playing this game, I intend to mindfully explore the game as
    a contemplative state", although it was difficult to make out what he saying as he was so far up his own arse

Absolute rubbish like this is why I gave up on he podcast a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭cullenswood

You got a link to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

He needs to get off the internet for an extended period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

He never mentioned a relationship or partner or friends bar maybe Mr Chrome. He doesn't drive and seems to live life like a teenager in his 30s.... could he be older?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

happyday wrote: »
    He never mentioned a relationship or partner or friends bar maybe Mr Chrome. He doesn't drive and seems to live life like a teenager in his 30s.... could he be older?

judging by things hes mentioned such as childhood albums i would say born mid to late 80s

• Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭corks finest

judging by things hes mentioned such as childhood albums i would say born mid to late 80s

Harmless

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ash3070

[HTML][/HTML]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

He was talking to Limmy about streaming video games. European Truck Simulator and the like.

He’ll probably do well at it as there is a good market for that. Get a bit of Irish recognition and then international English will start to watch. He has spoken a lot about video games in the past.

For me, video games are like playing golf or oral sex. A bit of craic to be involved yourself, but I can’t see why you’d ever want to watch someone else doing it.

For me, video games are like playing golf or oral sex. A bit of craic to be involved yourself, but I can’t see why you’d ever want to watch someone else doing it.

There're pretty solid industries based around watching those first two activities you mention ;) . But as far as game-playing goes and watching people play, for me it more comes down to the streamer's ability to entertain. The only two I'd really watch are Francis Higgins and Limmy, and when either is on form, they can be funny f***ers. The game just acts as a launching pad and a focus to riff off of.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Yeah Francis is very good, Tommy Shlug on the bus simulator on a Sunday evening was great, I miss it since he stopped doing it, loved when Francis was playing Shenmue a while ago, the gameplay was basically GTA minus the craic, his reactions to the weird dialogue and crap voice acting was very amusing.

Will give Blindboy a chance and see what he comes up with.

Yeah Francis is very good, Tommy Shlug on the bus simulator on a Sunday evening was great, I miss it since he stopped doing it, loved when Francis was playing Shenmue a while ago, the gameplay was basically GTA minus the craic, his reactions to the weird dialogue and crap voice acting was very amusing.

Will give Blindboy a chance and see what he comes up with.

Blindboy did mention he'd be doing more than just gaming on Twitch. For example, he mentioned about putting together tunes live. It'd be very interesting to watch him do that. It's not Blindboy's strong suit, IMO, to be spontaneously funny like Francis Higgins. His comedy, when he does it, is more premeditated stuff.

briany wrote: »
    Blindboy did mention he'd be doing more than just gaming on Twitch. For example, he mentioned about putting together tunes live. It'd be very interesting to watch him do that. It's not Blindboy's strong suit, IMO, to be spontaneously funny like Francis Higgins. His comedy, when he does it, is more premeditated stuff.

I think spontaneous comedy is Blindboy's only suit which is evident from the live podcasts being the only bearable thing he puts out

I think spontaneous comedy is Blindboy's only suit which is evident from the live podcasts being the only bearable thing he puts out

I don't hear him doing much spontaneous comedy in those. He's usually just laughing at what his guests are saying when they say something amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Robert McGrath

I’ve liked any of the short stories he’s put out on the pod too. He’s a decent creative writer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭applehunter

Ultimately the guy is just another liberal ****** sucking up to 3rd wave feminists and Nigerians.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

He's doing a livestream of RDR now which is quite entertaining.

https://m.twitch.tv/theblindboypodcast

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PodcastReview

Even if I was deaf I wouldn't listen to this.

The fact he has ads all over other decent podcasts is why I'm here, **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The fact he has ads all over other decent podcasts is why I'm here, **** off.

Is there any podcast you actually enjoy, you seem to be 0/6 going by your posts so far.

Edit: Wait! I see you like one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Any of you see his latest post on Facebook today?

Just a 10 minute video of him mashing a few sounds together into a song where he describes running around a house in a video game ... “crawling like a little crab”.

It gave me a chuckle but has the man lost the plot or what is he putting out? I really don’t know what it is, he said on the post

“This is an art project, I want art to be the process rather than the finished piece”.

Rubber bandits Facebook page about 45 mins ago

Sometimes if I’m bored in the house I’d lay back and come out with complete sh*te like this making up silly little songs. Doesn’t mean I plaster it onto social media and pass it off as art

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

CBear1993 wrote: »

Just a 10 minute video of him mashing a few sounds together into a song where he describes running around a house in a video game ... “crawling like a little crab”.

It gave me a chuckle but has the man lost the plot or what is he putting out? I really don’t know what it is, he said on the post

“This is an art project, I want art to be the process rather than the finished piece”.

Rubber bandits Facebook page about 45 mins ago

Sometimes if I’m bored in the house I’d lay back and come out with complete sh*te like this making up silly little songs. Doesn’t mean I plaster it onto social media and pass it off as art

he blocked me after i slagged his cowboy clothes song, do you loike my cowboy booots, they go with my jacket... oooooohh..What a Maestro!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

CBear1993 wrote: »

I'm not on Facebook but sounds like that's a clip from his new Twitch stream.

He's on there a few nights a week and it's a live broadcast, just talking with people in the live chat, messing around in Red Dead, and/or improvising some tunes.

I'm sure it's better craic watching live at 10pm with a bunch of other people in the chatroom than it is seeing a few minute clip on Facebook at mid-day. Or not. Whatever you're into yourself.

I've been a bit of a hater of him for a while now but I'm quite impressed by his ability to play live (nonsense lyrics aside)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Golgafrinchan 'B' Ark

Er, if you were deaf you wouldn't be able to listen to it... :confused:

Here's what you could have won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,207 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Blindboy was on Adam Buxtons podcast this week if anyone is interested

Advertisement